Covid-19 from Tachilek found in 7 Thai provinces

snoop1130

12 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

Yes, from the onset of the news out of Wuhan they were on to it, being the first country to test for covid outside of China in January while other countries were dithering.

By February most Thais were masking up while other countries were declaring they were not necessary and PPE had been distributed to the over 10,000 hospitals in Thailand.

By March they had road blocks temperature testing and then testing those with high temperatures immediately. Similar to get into shops, plazas and airports.

Late March they implemented a state of emergency and locked down with curfews and alcohol bans.

By April it was largely controlled in Thailand and in May they had developed the Thaichana app. 

It is December and they are still temperature testing to enter supermarkets etc and still most Thais are masking up.

The last two days the Thais have really clamped down again after this cluster was imported by stupid and selfish hookers. Thankfully they have mobilized again quickly and set up emergency Covid facilities to handle any outbreak.

World’s best practice.

Nearly half the countries in the world deaths are in the thousands, tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands deaths with bodies piling up.

The Thais are not even in triple figures.

Yesterday the USA had the most deaths ever with over 3,000 dying. Worldwide over 12,000, it is getting worse, not better. If only they had followed Thailand’s example, it would have saved over a million lives.

I can readily agree...up till right now. We're going to need extreme vigilance to keep this more infectious mutation in check. I hope this scare will snap the masks right back on the faces, not slacking off as has been happening.

1 hour ago, Lingba said:

Since when did you ever think you'd get the truth in Thailand

truth is what the speaker or writer wants you to believe, nobody ever sees the whole truth, and Thailand is no different to any other in this respect. Official UK Government figures for number of dead as of 4pm Wed 9th Dec 2020 (Deaths | Coronavirus in the UK (data.gov.uk)

Total died over over last 7 days from COVID 2,884 total to date 62,566

Total over last week with COVID on the death certificate 3,371 total to date 73,125

some periods the weekly / 7 day figures are the reverse difference where is the truth - nobody knows

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Why isn't there any mention of these Tachilek girls' customers? I could imagine that every one of them might have infected several patrons of that hotel; most of them Thais.

their either still there enjoying the "comforts" or are back and not subject to investigation / quarantine due to their high standing in the "community" - aka do you know who I am I can't have a peoples disease.

• Haha 1

On 12/9/2020 at 1:33 PM, billd766 said:

We live in rural Kamphaeng Phet which is the next province down from Tak (Mae Sot is in Tak province). My wife told me a ouple of days ago thaqt there is one case in Kamphaeng Phet but she wasn't sure if it was in the city or in the province.

its in the province.

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2020 at 6:29 PM, snoop1130 said:

Elsewhere, five health workers in alternative state quarantine (ASQ) contracted Covid-19 after one of them took the temperature of a family of three in ASQ on November 24-27, said Sophon. The family was later found to be infected. The health workers eat together after work and share the same room. Their close contacts have been traced and tested. Among them are 226 workers at a private hospital (224 have tested negative while two are waiting for results), 6 co-workers (all negative), 7 at a government hospital (all negative), 14 in the first ASQ (negative), 20 in the second ASQ (negative), and 7 family members (negative).

Doesn't seem to so terribly infectious. So few out of so many who have had contact actually catch it.

Although we haven't seen actual numbers yet, these are the provinces where infection has occurred:

Bangkok
Chiang Rai
Chiang Mai
Kamphaeng Phet
Phayao
Pichit
Ratchaburi
Singburi

And there may well be more, depending on movement of infected.

Yes, we should be VERY afraid of exponential infections with the G614 strain from Myanmar. Has anyone read if this is the 'Italian' strain?

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 10:21 PM, Time to grow said:

Well, if it's any consolation, we're not hearing about Ivermectin from the main stream media or the medical community in Thailand either. For that matter, I can't find a Thai distributor for Ivermectin, my local pharmacies don't carry it and they say they cant order it. [Ivermectin is readily available in veterinary form locally.] At least one PhD in pathology, specializing in neuro-toxicology has been censored from Youtube for trying to present the data supporting Ivermectin. 

The effectiveness of Ivermectin (doxycycline/zinc) is being  suppressed here in the states by the government, however the doctors on the front lines are publishing papers and speaking louder about it as the covid situation has become more dire. I don't know how long the powers that be can continue to push less effective, non-generic drugs over this protocol which is having such success on the front lines and in other places (India, south america, etc)

I was going to ask the community here if Ivermectin (doxycycline/zinc) are prescribed in Thailand as a treatment or if it is possible to purchase on our own? Personally I would rather use this protocol over taking the vaccines being rushed out.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sawademe said:

[Ivermectin is readily available in veterinary form locally.]

Given that it's been around so long, and presumably is rather easy to make, I doubt taking a veterinary form would be dangerous. (At the correct dosage, of course.)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, onebir said:

Given that it's been around so long, and presumably is rather easy to make, I doubt taking a veterinary form would be dangerous. (At the correct dosage, of course.)

If someone told me a year ago that I would seriously consider taking a veterinary form of a drug, I would have considered them mad... but here we are. hahaha

I know people who are doing this as a prophylactic approach and I'm considering it as a possible regimen for the return flight + ASQ in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, onebir said:

I worked in a research lab with animals and the vet dictated we could no longer use veterinary grade morphine.  Not sure of the reason it could have simply been spite based on politics.  The regulatory hoops to jump through to get human grade morphine stalled the experiments for almost a year.  I wouldn't assume anything regarding the fitness of veterinary grade substances for human use.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, onebir said:

It goes to show how badly the medical industry and health regulators have let down the public that people are considering veterinary grade medicinal treatment. Do you remember the Swine Flu vaccine debacle:

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 1:51 AM, Natai Beach said:

You do understand that Chinese tourists travel to Europe, the States, etc etc. Most Chinese tourists during Dec to February were not in Thailand.

Thailand is popular for Chinese tourists, but Thailand is very popular worldwide. 
Because it so good. 

Correct that Chinese tourists travel everywhere.

Still no explanation why the chinese tourists to USA and europe infected people there, but chinese tourists to Thailand and Cambodia didn't 

On 12/12/2020 at 12:49 AM, sawademe said:

If someone told me a year ago that I would seriously consider taking a veterinary form of a drug, I would have considered them mad... but here we are. hahaha

I know people who are doing this as a prophylactic approach and I'm considering it as a possible regimen for the return flight + ASQ in Thailand.

Dunno about that. I'm quite partial to a bit of ketamine. 

• Haha 2