Britain, EU set Sunday deadline to clinch Brexit trade deal

webfact

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Britain, EU set Sunday deadline to clinch Brexit trade deal

why, why and why, it's done, no need to waste more time, let them go, look at your last Sunday meeting, both said the same thing

"""Very large gaps remain between the two sides and it is still unclear whether these can be bridged,"

27 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

But you Brexiteers knew what you were voting for.

Please enlighten us mere humans as to what exactly you envision the future of the UK to be.

Well doom and gloom, suicides, killings of remainers and death to anyone who doesn't agree to an Englishman like me of course what else do you expect. 

28 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Hey he got a fish supper out of it.

A scary thought. After a conversation about Brexit with Von Der Leyen the last thing I'd want to see on my plate would be some dry, haggard, skanky fish.

Boris is taking one for the team. Top man!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Responding to a warning from the Tesco chair that food prices could rise were a deal not to be agreed, Mr Raab acknowledged there could be "some bumps along the road" but said he was "not concerned about either supermarket cupboards running bare or food prices". (Source: www.bbc.co.uk)

This Tory government's usual 'do nothing' approach to matters. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The good news just keeps on coming:

"The Confederation of British Industry said the cost of no deal was "significant".

Its director-general, Tony Danker, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "The difference between a deal and no deal is incredibly real in GDP [gross domestic product] terms, it's incredibly real for businesses - particularly in certain sectors..." (Source: www.bbc.co.uk)

'No deal, no problem'.  We just close our eyes really, really tightly and wish really, really, really hard that things turn out ok....Hold it... I seem to have stumbled upon the Johnson government's industrial strategy post-transition.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RayC said:

Responding to a warning from the Tesco chair that food prices could rise were a deal not to be agreed, Mr Raab acknowledged there could be "some bumps along the road" but said he was "not concerned about either supermarket cupboards running bare or food prices". (Source: www.bbc.co.uk)

This Tory government's usual 'do nothing' approach to matters. 

Raab doesn't shop at Tesco, he shops at Waitrose, the same one as me.  But he is just a nodding dog reading from a script like the rest of them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Tesco doesn't set government policy thankfully.

If you ever dealt with Tesco at a level beyond a trolley full of groceries you will know what I mean.  They will happily drive their suppliers into the ground for pennies. 

I'm not surprised they are Pro EU. A horrible company to deal with. 

Had dealings with Shirley Porter some years ago.  A truly nasty piece of work!

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Tesco looks after Tesco.

They're likely covering their future unethical position such as raising fuel prices to consumers within minutes of global oil prices rising despite them having massive stocks at the old price.

In the event of No Deal you can expect them to raise their prices immediately on European stock purchased months ago.

And all you Remainers will be dancing in the streets celebrating like the mugs that you are. You'll be loving the fact that a massive globalist corporation like Tesco is profiting from the situation at the expense of the poorest in society just so you can say "I told you so".

Celebrating the difficulties experienced by the real working classes that you claim to represent (but secretly despise) because they dared to vote for Brexit. The Emily Thornberry's of Thaivisa. What a sad shower you lot are ????.

Quite a rant Jonny!  Better be careful of the blood pressure pal ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Mavideol said:

why, why and why, it's done, no need to waste more time, let them go, look at your last Sunday meeting, both said the same thing

"""Very large gaps remain between the two sides and it is still unclear whether these can be bridged,"

Why !!  The reason is clear the EU doesn't want UK to leave and hoping the UK will give in to what they propose because EU will never except what the UK proposes the EU still wants a degree of control when the UK leaves which is something the UK doesn't want the UK wants freedom.  

Hope that's clear enough.

• Like 2

I don't know why such a logical deduction about EU does not appear to some, so they keep blaming it for the Brexit mess, let me try again:

You can't be out of EU but then kind of in where and when it suits you, it just doesn't work and doesn't make sense...!

No matter what load of bulls the Brexit leaders say or feed into people to fool them, it's not logical or make sense, have your cake and eat it... ! Like I want to be in a football team but only for the games that we win and I can score a lot of goals, but leave me out for hard loosing games...!!!!? ????

EU is bending backwards to accommodate UK, somehow , with some tricks that probably many think it's absurd and don't like it, but still our good old Brexit leaders refuse..., then the only possible solution is exit with no agreement, get on with it already...., have some balls, do it and face the consequences.... ???? ???? ????

2 minutes ago, Agusts said:

I don't know why such a logical deduction about EU does not appear to some, so they keep blaming it for the Brexit mess, let me try again:

You can't be out of EU but then kind of in where and when it suits you, it just doesn't work and doesn't make sense...!

No matter what load of bulls the Brexit leaders say or feed into people to fool them, it's not logical or make sense, have your cake and eat it... ! Like I want to be in a football team but only for the games that we win and I can score a lot of goals, but leave me out for hard loosing games...!!!!? ????

EU is bending backwards to accommodate UK, somehow , with some tricks that probably many think it's absurd and don't like it, but still our good old Brexit leaders refuse..., then the only possible solution is exit with no agreement, get on with it already...., have some balls, do it and face the consequences.... ????????????

The UK doesnt want to be partly in the E.U though .

The UK are in the process of making trade deals with numerous Countries in the World , the E.U is just one of those deals being made .

If no agreement is made , nevermind

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

it's safe to say now that a soft Brexit is not going to happen,

let's see how Boris is going to announce it on Sunday, should be a good laugh ????

Remainers don't laugh, they foot stomp.......????

• Haha 1