TM30 easiest way

To affix my Elite Visa stamp in BKK I need a TM30 form.

The way I understand (have researched) it is that only the hotel / owner of condo (in case I rent) can make the TM30 for me...!?

Does any hotel hand me a TM30? Even if I stay for only 3 nights?

Will I need to have a fix stay for the duration of getting an appointment at the immigration office until the affixation of said stamp?

Is there a requirement to the TM30 "start and end dates"?

2 minutes ago, daviddunham said:

To affix my Elite Visa stamp in BKK I need a TM30 form.

The way I understand (have researched) it is that only the hotel / owner of condo (in case I rent) can make the TM30 for me...!?

Will I need to have a fix stay for the duration of getting an appointment at the immigration office until the affixation of said stamp?

Does Thai Elite Visa not have a helpline for this sort of thing ?  

You would probably be better asking them direct.

• Like 1

Hotels wont do it, if you rent in a condo then yes they will have to do it for you. 

I recently also did my elite visa. You really do need a tm30 you can't even do 90 days reporting without having one.

What is your real situation do you go from hotel to hotel or do you actually have a place you rent ?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

What is your real situation do you go from hotel to hotel or do you actually have a place you rent ?

I just wanna travel around spontaneously, don't wanna settle for a place anywhere yet. Hence my question on how to obtain a TM30 as easy as possible for the affixation and then for 90-day reporting...

8 minutes ago, stretch5163 said:

Does Thai Elite Visa not have a helpline for this sort of thing ?  

You would probably be better asking them direct.

I did. They seem to "beat around the bush" and it takes them 24 hours to respond so hence me asking here, maybe someone has the elite visa and was in the same situation where one does not want a fix place just to get the TM30...

6 minutes ago, daviddunham said:

I just wanna travel around spontaneously, don't wanna settle for a place anywhere yet. Hence my question on how to obtain a TM30 as easy as possible for the affixation and then for 90-day reporting...

But don't you have a year to figure it out already. When you got in you got a 1 year visa from elite. So no need to worry about a TM30 only after a year. Ok you can't do 90 day reports and that can be expensive if they catch you.

I could not do a TM 30 (got elite too) as the previous owner of the house i stayed lived abroad and had trouble going to immigration. I brought the papers they did not want it as i could not do it for the owner (even with signed ID card, signed house book and all other things they require). So I did not do 90 days for about a year (I knew i was wrong could not solve it). 

I moved new owner did get me a tm 30 paid 2000 bt for not doing 90 day reports and got my new extension. 

I thought Elite Visa was supposed to give you more freedom (at a big cost) than retirement, but it doesn't look like it.

Annual stamps, TM30's and 90 day reports, I'll stay on retirement with my money in the bank and not in the governments pocket.

And an unhelpful help line to boot.

21 hours ago, daviddunham said:

Yes, they will do TM30 even for one night. Just ask in advance if they have access to online system.

No, CW Immigration didn't care.

No.

4 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

I thought Elite Visa was supposed to give you more freedom (at a big cost) than retirement, but it doesn't look like it.

Annual stamps, TM30's and 90 day reports, I'll stay on retirement with my money in the bank and not in the governments pocket.

And an unhelpful help line to boot.

Elite Visa is designed for those who travel frequently. If you leave every 89 days, then there's no need to visit Immigration or do any 90-day reports.

With retirement visa, there's always a risk that they'll make up some new requirements and deny your extension.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, redpill17 said:

If you leave every 89 days, then there's no need to visit Immigration or do any 90-day reports.

same if you obtain a multi re-entry permit when doing your annual renewal, one visit a year

4 minutes ago, redpill17 said:

there's always a risk that they'll make up some new requirements

like putting the Elite cost up by 20%

I just don't see the advantages of not owning the money vs 1 visit per year to immigration, maybe there's something I'm missing apart from a brain.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

same if you obtain a multi re-entry permit when doing your annual renewal, one visit a year

I just don't see the advantages of not owning the money vs 1 visit per year to immigration, maybe there's something I'm missing apart from a brain.

Yes there is if you think all people are in the same situation as you. If your under 50 and not married to a Thai elite is one of the few visa's available for you. 

I would not have done an elite visa if i was married or retired.

The helpline of elite is helpful for me, quick responses and all. But they do need to abide by immigration rules. So they cant exclude you from the 90 day or TM30 that is not their responsability.

I had my permit of stay extended, i was there for 45 min and saw an immigration officer for 5 min was ushered in front of everyone and it went fast. Unfortunately this was not done on the location i lived before. There I did have to wait in line and no elite visa supports person. But in BKK its different. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

If your under 50 and not married to a Thai elite is one of the few visa's available for you. 

Probably true, having come here at 48 without going elite I was lucky I suppose.

My record for a retirement extension is about the same time as you 45 mins but I will admit to 35 mins in front of an officer arguing that an Embassy Letter was a waste of time as I did not have any income at that time, on top of a 2 hour drive each way to get there.

14 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Probably true, having come here at 48 without going elite I was lucky I suppose.

My record for a retirement extension is about the same time as you 45 mins but I will admit to 35 mins in front of an officer arguing that an Embassy Letter was a waste of time as I did not have any income at that time, on top of a 2 hour drive each way to get there.

You can probably manage 2 years on tourist visa's and other stuff (might have tried it) but I came here a lot younger. Was married for a while (always a huge hassle to get that visa). I can't wait for retirement visa much easier then marriage. Just put 800k in the bank and dont touch it. So easy.

I would never do elite if there was an other way but for long term that is currently quite hard.

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2020 at 4:16 PM, robblok said:

Hotels wont do it, if you rent in a condo then yes they will have to do it for you. 

I recently also did my elite visa. You really do need a tm30 you can't even do 90 days reporting without having one.

wrong, hotels do it.

3 hours ago, robblok said:

I guess i was wrong, but as far as i know they don't give you the TM30 slip you need. They might do register you but getting that copy might be hard. 

You don't actually need the slip so long as you can prove to yourself that they have done it, Immigration can access the database (it's there's anyway) and verify that one has been registered, it's only when they can't find an entry that problems begin. Ask the condo or hotel to show you that they have done it and take a photo on your phone.

16 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

With the elite you will of course get a 1 year POS when you come back in, and they will do the 90 day report for you. Zero visits a year. 

On 12/11/2020 at 1:49 PM, foreverlomsak said:

You don't need to do an annual extension on Elite Visa if you leave at least once, because every time you get a new 1-year entry.

They raised the price of 5-year visa starting 2021 after getting many applications this year. It's still possible to apply at the old price. Also, there's still 20 years for 1 mil, which is a much better deal.

Likewise, I don't think 800k requirement for retirement will stay forever.

I just don't see the advantages of not owning the money vs 1 visit per year to immigration

Yes, if you are eligible for "free" (minus fees and currency depreciation) retirement visa. I still have a long way to go until 50+.

20 hours ago, robblok said:

I guess i was wrong, but as far as i know they don't give you the TM30 slip you need. They might do register you but getting that copy might be hard. 

I had to ask a few places before I found one that agreed to print it. Depends on the person at the check-in desk.

16 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

You don't actually need the slip so long as you can prove to yourself that they have done it, Immigration can access the database (it's there's anyway) and verify that one has been registered, it's only when they can't find an entry that problems begin

Problem is Thailand Elite needs a *copy* of TM30 before they can set an appointment at CW ???? 

Funny how people get either pro or con Thailand Elite visa...
I have one and have absolute no reason to complain nor had any difficulty with their services. They provide their service as advertised, 7 stars from me.

OP, if you are " in country" already then it should be obvious that you have a TM30 registration somehow somewhere, if so, but no slip, then its easy to obtain at immigration office as a lost slip is always possible.

If not, then check in a hotel , ask a copy/printout to carry in your passport and you'r good to go.

That slip/piece of paper relates to your "recent"place of stay for immigration, if you never had one before, they might look strange and ask howcome they have no data about you in their system,  but then just lift your shoulders and be ignorant in what they ask, as its not your concern to do a TM30 registration.
Just say you are a traveler/tourist does the trick.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, redpill17 said:

Problem is Thailand Elite needs a *copy* of TM30 before they can set an appointment at CW

didn't know that, as far as I'm aware I have never had a TM30, but in saying that I've been in the Tabian Bann (blue, by error. and the yellow) for about 15 years combined.

3 hours ago, Little Brains said:

as its not your concern to do a TM30 registration.

there have many reports in ThaiVisaof being fined and some of my friends have been fined for not keeping it up to date, e.g. been on holiday and returned home without realizing the hotel had registered them elsewhere, then going to do 90 days or whatever.

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

there have many reports in ThaiVisaof being fined and some of my friends have been fined for not keeping it up to date, e.g. been on holiday and returned home without realizing the hotel had registered them elsewhere, then going to do 90 days or whatever.

A lot have changed last year alone... depends a lot of what province you are, who you are with, who you know...
90 day online works as a charm where i am... ( click to submit and approved in same second... )
My tabien baan is in one province, my workplace/factory, in another province,  is my registered adres ( TM28/ TM 30 ) one time, traveled outside country a few times, did not need to re-register as long i don't change my adres on purpose. My function at work does not require a workpermit, so i am perfect with TE...
I see a lot of staff struggling every year to get their docs in order to get visa and WP, have friends struggling with retirement requirements, mariage papers, the works...
Just did a 1 year extension for the TE visa, since Covid 19 prevent me from traveling, with the helpful assistance from Thailand Elite , who provided the letter for local Immigration. In and out 5 minutes, immigration 3 km from my home, spent 2 emails for paperwork... thats about it... They have my data in their system and i travel a lot in different provinces in Thailand.
The TM30 is not the concern of Thailand Elite, if a slip is asked for, either have one in your passport or ask a copy at Immigration...

Thailand Elite = you get what you pay for... in quality fashion...

If i compare with today's requirements for other options,  the 20 year version cost me average 4.000 thb/month... no time wasted doing paperwork, no surprises in what documents being asked for this time again...

But then again... each person have his own preference on how he wants to spent his time and money on...

Edited by Little Brains
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Little Brains said:

Just did a 1 year extension for the TE visa, since Covid 19 prevent me from traveling, with the helpful assistance from Thailand Elite , who provided the letter for local Immigration. In and out 5 minutes, immigration 3 km from my home, spent 2 emails for paperwork... thats about it... They have my data in their system and i travel a lot in different provinces in Thailand.
The TM30 is not the concern of Thailand Elite, if a slip is asked for, either have one in your passport or ask a copy at Immigration...

Thailand Elite = you get what you pay for... in quality fashion...

TM30 is required when getting TE visa sticker at CW Immigration rather than on arrival at the airport. Other than that, all true ????