UK tells EU: back down by Sunday night or we'll walk

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

I'm sad for Britain, but happy for the EU. We did a great job, thanks to Barnier. 

I was also happy with Ursula during the press conference ????

When I get back to my computer I'll show you what I just saw at the supermarket ????

Why are you sad for Britain? Some details please 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

I'm sad for Britain, but happy for the EU. We did a great job, thanks to Barnier. 

I was also happy with Ursula during the press conference ????

When I get back to my computer I'll show you what I just saw at the supermarket ????

so I went shopping a few hours ago and I was shocked

image.thumb.png.7ea8ed0d73eec4113d5eaa79cf764b69.png

but in fact this is :

image.thumb.png.620720ced859e7b4da5a95316137d007.png

so scottish, french quality label ... and its not sea salmon

as we say "alors ça va" ????

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Watching the press conference, Barnier and Von Der Leyen looking exhausted and not too happy.

Sky News downbeat too. Trying to predict and  discredit Johnsons upcoming speech before he even made it.????

Great signs for Beexiteers.

Merry Christmas everyone. 

Congrats to Boris for surrendering on Christmas eve, to avoid chaos for his country next year, great sacrifice and present for his country ????

Boris delivered, and we should all thank him for it. Imagine if it was Maybot, it would have been another extension of 1 year and more pointless negotiation ????

Edited by GrandPapillon

50 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

The art of negotiating isn't your strong suit is it 

Haha really ? Negotiation versus capitulation, get your head around the difference

I predicted on here months ago that people grasping for no deal had no chance. That there was always going to be a deal on Barniers terms and hey presto ! and the no deal protagonists are suddenly claiming everything’s come up roses to save face ! So funny 

So I’ve asked a few of your chums who all seem to be dumbstruck again when it comes to detail (meaningless sound bites bring their speciality) - what were Boris’s RED lines and what has he settled for ? the information is all out there. 

If you think that is the art of negotiation you’re doomed from the start ! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

Haha really ? Negotiation versus capitulation, get your head around the difference

I predicted on here months ago that people grasping for no deal had no chance. That there was always going to be a deal on Barniers terms and hey presto ! and the no deal protagonists are suddenly claiming everything’s come up roses to save face ! So funny 

So I’ve asked a few of your chums who all seem to be dumbstruck again when it comes to detail (meaningless sound bites bring their speciality) - what were Boris’s RED lines and what has he settled for ? the information is all out there. 

If you think that is the art of negotiation you’re doomed from the start ! 

Take a look at Barnier's red lines, then get back to us 

• Like 1

Just now, Loiner said:

Judging from the increased bitterness of their recent posts, I think the only thing we can assume is that we have no friends from across the water. The vitriol and bile posted by the europosters is only surpassed by a couple of those who prefer a cloak of anonymity. 

What are you reading ? I haven’t stopped grinning since the Boris capitulation was confirmed ! 

Did you come up with the post brexit economic blueprint ? ???????? you seemed to be struggling with that one 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

My condolences to those remainers and EU fanatics who desperately hoped a deal would not be achieved. This will be a difficult time for you, but please don't let it spoil your Christmas ????

Condolences to those who yearned for a no deal and have now had to settle for a deal closer to the EU demands ????

Good news! It seems to be ok and diplomatically packaged, so that each side can claim a win (some people already do it without having read the deal ???? ).

Of course details must be scrutinised in order to get a full understanding of the consequences.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tofer said:

More scaremongering, with totally fictitious predictions....

Of course Armageddon is coming, that's why the pound has jumped to $1.36 today - my, my, what a disaster....

Because markets hate uncertainty. The pound has jumped because now the markets know what is happening. Don’t be fooled into thinking that just because the pound has risen that this means it is a good deal for the UK.

32 minutes ago, Tofer said:

Still living in the past. This post is about the pending outcome of negotiations, not the referendum...????

I was referring to a gloat  that the pound was at a fabulous level now based on the EU favoured deal whereas the poor misfortunate poster neglected to check what it was before he stabbed the U.K. in the back with his vote 

Who was it now .....????

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You have really no idea what you are spouting about do you? 

I will confirm that you are wrong again though, ‘cos I’m here and not even interested in correcting you. You don’t figure highly enough on my fish scales. 

I have an idea - do you ?

The economic post brexit blueprint - anything yet ? First draft even ? 

????????????

Without having seen the details of the agreement yet, I think it’s fair to say that:

Albeit this deal is better than no deal, especially during a pandemic; it’s pretty close to no deal. It covers trade, security, fishery and research. It doesn’t cover services. And it doesn’t cover regulatory alignment. There won’t be duties, but there will be customs and regulatory checks and all the red tape it brings. 

That being said, our goal was to protect the single market and that achieves this agreement. The UK will ask herself whether this really was worth it. 

One thing’s for sure: This won’t mark the end. Many topics remain open or have been touched only on the surface. The endless negotiations will go on. But with Brexit “done” and a deal in place, the UK might be able to get rid of Brexiteers and get back to normal. I see this deal as a transition period ???? 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Take a look at Barnier's red lines, then get back to us 

Are you really sure you want to do this ? I’ll give you a couple of hours to mull that over, Google them if it helps and if you still want to go down that route come back to me. 

But it won’t end well for you 

16 minutes ago, Throatwobbler said:

Because markets hate uncertainty. The pound has jumped because now the markets know what is happening. Don’t be fooled into thinking that just because the pound has risen that this means it is a good deal for the UK.

I am sorry I forgot that Brexiteers can be fooled by anything. 

Edited by Throatwobbler
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

Are you really sure you want to do this ? I’ll give you a couple of hours to mull that over, Google them if it helps and if you still want to go down that route come back to me. 

But it won’t end well for you 

Are you playing for time? Just like Barnier did 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

ok Boris surrendering will be announced in a few hours today ????

the deal is done, they have to read proof it and make it official to the press

then we have to wait for the UK parliament approval and the EU27 approval, so we could be in for another 6months battle next year, so all good ????

Nope , the UK is out the E.U , we have signed new agreements with the E.U .