UK tells EU: back down by Sunday night or we'll walk

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

I'm very very wary about what the UK might have obtained in exchange for the right for these additional fish quotas (furthermore, they are valid for a limited time). If they got an easing of rules of origin for electric cars, the EU will have lost much more

You really dont seem to understand .

They are our waters, they are OUR fish .

We have the right to fish in OUR waters .

You have NO right to fish in out waters , or even to enter OUR waters , without us giving you permission first .

Is that understood ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

You have NO right to fish in out waters , or even to enter OUR waters , without us giving you permission first .

Is that understood ?

do not get all emotional, we are mainly talking about fish

• swimming 300 kilometres away..
  • ... from the Scottish shores
  • in an economic zone that was never British before 1982 in the first place

and anyway, it seems Boris gave us permission, probably because we asked nicely

... and you trust the word of Boris don't you?

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Yes you should, instead of running everything down, day in, day out....So tiresome...????

Says man who has been calling for a no deal Brexit that would without question seriously damage the UK economy.

But oh no, let’s not be critical of the government or Brexit, let alone the madness of so many Brexiteer ideas.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Because of course my posts are replete with bigotry. 

I’m always at the forefront, ranting about immigrants, asylum seekers, Muslims,  feminists, environmentalists, beggars/the homeless, people on welfare, the poor, any kind of addict, Greta, Hillary, Angela ( women in general) any and all of the spleen venting that goes on, you’ll find my posts full of it .... well no you won’t.

Your posts on the other-hand!

That's the thing about hand wringing virtue signalers. They always like to present themselves as holier than thou although most of them are doing it to hide some serious skeletons in their closet. Thus, you mainly save your rants for the white working class British male that you so clearly despise, although to be fair you do save some of that bile to insult less well off white Americans who don't vote for The Democrats.

I don't recall ever ranting about Muslims, feminists, beggars etc. It's true that I'm no fan of Greta and Hillary though, so sue me ????. I'd imagine you're the type that sneered and sniggered at her "basket of deplorables" speech until you figured out that it helped Trump get elected.???? The good thing is, your ilk never learn that insulting the other side only strengthens their resolve, which is why you're so often on the losing side of the debate.

• Like 2

Just now, JonnyF said:

That's the thing about hand wringing virtue signalers. They always like to present themselves as holier than thou although most of them are doing it to hide some serious skeletons in their closet. Thus, you mainly save your rants for the white working class British male that you so clearly despise, although to be fair you do save some of that bile to insult less well off white Americans who don't vote for The Democrats.

I don't recall ever ranting about Muslims, feminists, beggars etc. It's true that I'm no fan of Greta and Hillary though, so sue me ????. I'd imagine you're the type that sneered and sniggered at her "basket of deplorables" speech until you figured out that it helped Trump get elected.???? The good thing is, your ilk never learn that insulting the other side only strengthens their resolve, which is why you're so often on the losing side of the debate.

Please provide a link to any of these ‘rants towards white working class British males’ you accuse me of?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Is that understood ?

OK, so we’ve circle back to the bit about selling the fishing rights.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

OK, so we’ve circle back to the bit about selling the fishing rights.

right I forgot to add that it was useless to fish products you cannot sell.

In the first place, the UK sold their quotas because the had no use for the fish...

15 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Is that understood ?

Looks Like Johnson isn't that bovvered........

Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage said: "It sounds like the British team have dropped the ball before the line. No wonder they want a Christmas Eve announcement to hide the fisheries sell-out.”

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Looks Like Johnson isn't that bovvered........

Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage said: "It sounds like the British team have dropped the ball before the line. No wonder they want a Christmas Eve announcement to hide the fisheries sell-out.”

Boris waited for the last minute to shove this deal down the throat of the ERG.

Obviously, this deal will not deliver what he promised, but except for idiots and fools - some of them are with us here - everybody knew that from the start. The Brexiteers politicians promises were untenable

Now the deal does deliver value for the UK, first of all in avoiding the catastrophic cliff edge, the gaping hole that was in front of the country. 

Edited by Hi from France
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

"But a French source boasted that the British had made “huge concessions” in areas like fishing that cleared the way to an agreement."

Once again the French are being unpleasant, boastful and going against negotiation protocol .

I must say I am a bit sorry about that

note another explanation might be that the french are unhappy about the deal, a possibility I'm sure you'd appreciate

2 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

Obviously, this will deal not deliver what he promised, but except for fools - some of them are with us here -

Is that kind of behavior acceptable ?

Calling posters "fools" ?

Rather confrontational and could lead to a fight , would do in the real world, anyway

1 minute ago, Hi from France said:

Even you must recognize that the promises made before the referendum and indeed the last election were foolish.

you did not believe a word of that did you?

brexit lies

Gove..the original snake oil salesman....has wormed his way out of that...claimed he meant "we were holding all our own cards"????...not the best cards.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

Even you must recognize that the promises made before the referendum and indeed the last election were foolish.

you did not believe a word of that did you?

brexit lies

You dont seem to understand what the word "promise" means .

None of the above quotes are actual "promises" and even most of the above statements are actually true 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

True?!

Well on some alternative reality, maybe.

They were all prediction and therefore all true statements .

I do not have the patience to teach people the difference between *We could COULD blah blah blah " and *We definitely will do blah blah blah *

I am not an English teacher

• Like 1
  • Haha 1