UK tells EU: back down by Sunday night or we'll walk

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

They were all prediction and therefore all true statements .

I do not have the patience to teach people the difference between *We could COULD blah blah blah " and *We definitely will do blah blah blah *

I am not an English teacher

Since you don’t seem to understand a ‘prediction’ only becomes a true statement when the predicted result occurs, you are indeed wise to eschew teaching 

12 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

You dont seem to understand what the word "promise" means .

None of the above quotes are actual "promises" and even most of the above statements are actually true 

What statements here have been proved "actually true" ? What statements would you characterize as "not true" in the light of these last years? 

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Exactly. 

Same as the red bus. If someone said to me "Let's go to Australia on holiday in 2024" I wouldn't take that as a promise that was set in stone and we were definitely going to Australia in 2024. It's a suggestion about what we could do, if we so choose. It's an option.

Still, Remainers love to misquote and partially quote. Same as the Liam Fox "easiest deal in history" quote. They never quote that he said "should be" and qualified it with the following line. 

image.png.2c7526e42de7da7ab37ec328ba6e2b55.png

Deliberately misleading, and disingenuous in the extreme. Very underhand.

Found those quotes you owe me yet?

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Since you don’t seem to understand a ‘prediction’ only becomes a true statement when the predicted result occurs, you are indeed wise to eschew teaching 

No, a prediction remains a prediction , it doesnt change .

Also , if you suggest something "could " happen , and it doesnt happen , that doesnt mean ................cannot be bother with teaching basic English, sorry

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Found those quotes you owe me yet?

Maybe later, got a meeting in half an hour.

In the meantime, hurry along and find the ones where I rant about Muslims, beggars and feminists. Good lad.

Just now, JonnyF said:

Maybe later, got a meeting in half an hour.

In the meantime, hurry along and find the ones where I rant about Muslims, beggars and feminists. Good lad.

I never accused you of any such thing.

You however have accused me, and now need to back up your accusation or retract.

I’m not holding my breath.

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

No, a prediction remains a prediction , it doesnt change .

Also , if you suggest something "could " happen , and it doesnt happen , that doesnt mean ................cannot be bother with teaching basic English, sorry

I predict a riot

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Praise be to God.....The Messiah 

Bah

Boris wanted to become Prime Minister so he switched his discourse from a Remainer's discourse to a Brexiteer's discourse. 

As a consequence, idiots believed him and voted for him, but Reality didn't change and Boris knew this full well. 

Anyway we are speculating on a deal which we do not know much about yet 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Exactly. 

Same as the red bus. If someone said to me "Let's go to Australia on holiday in 2024" I wouldn't take that as a promise that was set in stone and we were definitely going to Australia in 2024. It's a suggestion about what we could do, if we so choose. It's an option.

Still, Remainers love to misquote and partially quote. Same as the Liam Fox "easiest deal in history" quote. They never quote that he said "should be" and qualified it with the following line. 

image.png.2c7526e42de7da7ab37ec328ba6e2b55.png

Deliberately misleading, and disingenuous in the extreme. Very underhand.

And they are also the ones who keep calling people liars and fools whilst still not being able to comprehend basic English .

"Lets go to the beach today, it should be nice weather "

*It rained today, you lied about it being sunny today*

Errrr OK

• Confused 1

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

And they are also the ones who keep calling people liars and fools whilst still not being able to comprehend basic English .

"Lets go to the beach today, it should be nice weather "

*It rained today, you lied about it being sunny today*

Errrr OK

How do you get you little thingy to wobble?

3 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

Bah

Boris wanted to become Prime Minister so he switched his discourse from a Remainer's discourse to a Brexiteer's discourse. 

Thats a lie .

Boris was s Euro sceptic in the 1990's and this is before just prior to the 2016 referendum 

Jean-Claude Juncker says £350m bus slogan was a lie as deputy calls Brexit  Britain 'Game of Thrones on steroids'

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Personal letters sent to the deceased's Wife , where he was offering his condolences , really shouldnt be used to show a persons political preferences .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Mass starvation because of no food from the E.U.

No one to pick our crops and we will all starve .

No anti biotics from the E.U and we will die of infections .

800 000 unemployed .

No nurses to work in hospitals 

Fuel supplies interrupted .

If *could* means a promise that it will happen , then those are the things Remainers promised us what would happen in the UK  if the UK left the EU .

Although I am quite sure on this occasion, "could" will have a different meaning 

Aren’t you on the cusp of getting what you voted for?

Several news content-related posts have been removed for not complying with the forum's rules.

When posting quoted news content, a weblink always must be included back to the original source, so as to clearly identify the original source.

Also, fair use quoting rules apply, meaning you should only post the headline and up to 3 sentences of quoted content, along with the link back to the full/original source.

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Yes, I just wanted to leave the E.U.

Full Umbilical Severance does it for me. Anything less leaves us open to being drawn back in by the very people that tried their best to thwart our historic & democratic decision to leave.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1