UK tells EU: back down by Sunday night or we'll walk

snoop1130

27 minutes ago, Throatwobbler said:

Because markets hate uncertainty. The pound has jumped because now the markets know what is happening. Don’t be fooled into thinking that just because the pound has risen that this means it is a good deal for the UK.

When I and others suggested the fall of the pound was about uncertainty that argument was dismissed by remainers. But now it's ok to use uncertainty as a cause I suppose ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

When I and others suggested the fall of the pound was about uncertainty that argument was dismissed by remainers. But now it's ok to use uncertainty as a cause I suppose ????

I am a remainer and the damage done to the UK by people like yourself will be felt for many years. It will take the young to sort out the mess that the old selfish generation have left them. But I will give you the point on uncertainty., and that point only.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Now that there is a deal, will corpuschristie insist that the food aid that Germany sent, be redirected to Africa?

False, can be called a lie .

No food aid was sent from Germany .

Just a different means of transport , flight instead of a lorry .

Complete fallacy to state it was "aid", just using a different means of transport 

• Like 1

When a deal is made between two parties the side that comes rushing out to say what a great deal they have got is  the side that got the <deleted>ty end of the stick. Boris has been quick to boast. Let’s wait for all the details but it looks like the UK has got the <deleted>ty end of the stick.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Susco said:

My condolences to those leavers, who always insisted that they would leave without a deal which Boris claimed he would, as they didn't need the EU and would never back down on the fishing rights, but now have to live with the consequences that Boris once again lied and sold them out to the EU

More lies .

The suggestion was that we would leave without a deal if we got offered unfavorable/unfair terms 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Throatwobbler said:

When a deal is made between two parties the side that comes rushing out to say what a great deal they have got is  the side that got the <deleted>ty end of the stick. Boris has been quick to boast. Let’s wait for all the details but it looks like the UK has got the <deleted>ty end of the stick.

Aare you forgetting the French side , who have claimed victory and the UK "folding " in the last few days , BEFORE any deal was agreed upon  ?

1 hour ago, Hi from France said:

so I went shopping a few hours ago and I was shocked

image.thumb.png.7ea8ed0d73eec4113d5eaa79cf764b69.png

but in fact this is :

image.thumb.png.620720ced859e7b4da5a95316137d007.png

so scottish, french quality label ... and its not sea salmon

as we say "alors ça va" ????

In the UK , we don't really eat fish 

Cod and chips now and then , but fish is not really something we eat .

1 minute ago, 473geo said:

There are those on this forum that are wise enough to see that both sides can and probably will benefit from a deal, only those who are trying to justify their stance are insisting one side must lose......a bit sad really shows a lack of intelligent thought.

Whatever deal is made will be far inferior to what we have now. Many people will lose jobs and people will be poorer. For what? Just so a few old <deleted> can stick it to Johnny Foreigner again. 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

In the UK , we don't really eat fish 

Cod and chips now and then , but fish is not really something we eat .

And that is the whole fishing problem. Uk fisherman catch fish that people in the UK won’t eat. But suddenly Brexiteers care about our disgusting fish, 5 years ago they would not have cared less.

10 minutes ago, Throatwobbler said:

The EU also came rushing out to say a good deal was done. So by your logic both sides got the tty end of the stick ????

How about entertaining the possibility that the deal is good for both sides? 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Throatwobbler said:

Because markets hate uncertainty. The pound has jumped because now the markets know what is happening. Don’t be fooled into thinking that just because the pound has risen that this means it is a good deal for the UK.

Why is a high pound good for the UK .

The high Bhat isnt good for Thailand /the high Deutsmark wasnt good for Germany

Having a high currency isnt necessarily a good thing  

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

Why is a high pound good for the UK .

The high Bhat isnt good for Thailand /the high Deutsmark wasnt good for Germany

Having a high currency isnt necessarily a good thing  

I was just responding to a poster who claimed that now the pound has jumped that everything is good for the UK. If you are going to quote me at least look back at the post I quoted from. Or is that too much work?

4 minutes ago, Throatwobbler said:

And that is the whole fishing problem. Uk fisherman catch fish that people in the UK won’t eat. But suddenly Brexiteers care about our disgusting fish, 5 years ago they would not have cared less.

Its about principles . 

You can have the fish, as long as we agree to it .

You cannot just come and take them without our consent 

1 minute ago, 473geo said:

Guessing again, predictions based on what? I get fed up of 'the UK is going down the pan <deleted>', most of that was based on predictions of 'no deal'  hard to take for those who poised to cheer the UK demise, you may have to wait a while longer, and if you know anything you might know cheap champagne does not improve with keeping!!

But vinegar does.

5 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Guessing again, predictions based on what? I get fed up of 'the UK is going down the pan <deleted>', most of that was based on predictions of 'no deal'  hard to take for those who poised to cheer the UK demise, you may have to wait a while longer, and if you know anything you might know cheap champagne does not improve with keeping!!

By the way those predictions were not based on no deal. Any deal is worse than what we have now. Ok some old <deleted> will have their moment in the sun and wax lyrical about the British Empire, but in a few years they will be dead and good riddance. 

I am just happy that I have sold all my holdings in the UK. Anyone who lives here and relies on Uk pensions or whatever are going to have a hard time in the next few years.

Edited by Throatwobbler
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Throatwobbler said:

By the way those predictions were not based on no deal. Any deal is worse than what we have now. Ok some old <deleted> will have their moment in the sun and wax lyrical about the British Empire, but in a few years they will be dead and good riddance. 

I am just happy that I have sold all my holdings in the UK. Anyone who lives here and relies on Uk pensions or whatever are going to have a hard time in the next few years.

Well done that's you sorted, no need to keep justifying your actions, you did what you felt was right at the time, now move and live with it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Throatwobbler said:

By the way those predictions were not based on no deal. Any deal is worse than what we have now. Ok some old <deleted> will have their moment in the sun and wax lyrical about the British Empire, but in a few years they will be dead and good riddance

Thats quite an unpleasant attitude to have , no need for that .

4 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Why are you sad for Britain? Some details please 

we have a dedicated thread to comment on the deal it's we knew it was crappy, but not that crappy. The Brits didn't event get access the single energy market, not Euratom nor Erasmus... 

and  the UK will loose 200 additional billions in GDP according to the government’s own forecaster

Edited by Hi from France