UK tells EU: back down by Sunday night or we'll walk

snoop1130

12 hours ago, sandyf said:

A deal, and a bad one, has always been an absolute certainty, a deal on an FTA or a deal on contingency measures.

I suspect the negotiators couldn't face starting over on the latter.

You wishing for it, doesn't make it an absolute certainty - jeeze the arrogance of some people....

14 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

My condolences to those remainers and EU fanatics who desperately hoped a deal would not be achieved. This will be a difficult time for you, but please don't let it spoil your Christmas ????

Just bizarre ! Endless months of bleating about wanting a no deal and when a deal comes that has capitulation by Boris all over it you’re lauding it like a result! So so funny. Boris has caved in, Barnier has toyed with him like a cornered mouse from start to finish. 

When the minutes come out let’s compare Boris’s red lines to what he came out with - enjoy your mince pies !  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Susco said:

My condolences to those leavers, who always insisted that they would leave without a deal which Boris claimed he would, as they didn't need the EU and would never back down on the fishing rights, but now have to live with the consequences that Boris once again lied and sold them out to the EU

You should send your condolences to those hard line remainers/rejoiners who desperately wanted a no-deal as that is the only way they could see the UK rejoining the EU soon. They were hoping a hard sharp shock to the country would  persuade the country to rejoin.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, vogie said:

The Brexiteers stated exactly what would happen that the EU would cave at the 11th hour, well done Boris. Besides with all the insults and snide remarks coming from our friends across the water, one can assume quite safely it must be a good deal. We have even one Brit who is pretending to be French just so he can insult us. ????????????

Who caved ?

Remind me what the Boris fish red lines were and what he’s got ? 

Edited by Bruntoid

1 hour ago, Tofer said:

More scaremongering, with totally fictitious predictions....

Of course Armageddon is coming, that's why the pound has jumped to $1.36 today - my, my, what a disaster....

What was it before the vote ? 

Jeeze at least make this difficult ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Oops, touched a nerve. ????????????

Really ? How ? 

So back to the red lines - it’s widely reported - what did Boris say he would get (or die in a ditch) and what did he end up with? 

If you don’t know it’s ok just say - we’ll tell you ....

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

I think it's quite revealing that the EU contributors on here are still apparently quite upset. That suggests to me that the UK has played a blinder. Onwards and upwards! 

When you say upwards do you mean GDP ? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

I think it's quite revealing that the EU contributors on here are still apparently quite upset. That suggests to me that the UK has played a blinder. Onwards and upwards! 

I'm sad for Britain, but happy for the EU. We did a great job, thanks to Barnier. 

I was also happy with Ursula during the press conference ????

When I get back to my computer I'll show you what I just saw at the supermarket ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1