The fate of Thai expats

snoop1130

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

I am stating the obvious,

Obvious to you that you are civilized and others are not? Yeah, I don't really see that... 

but you go on and on and on again about what their rules should be... according to you... 

1 hour ago, transam said:

I have feeling..... "If you don't like it, go home"....is heading our way.....????

not you, but the other guy, sure... he calls the place uncivilized... personally, I prefer to live in a place where people are mostly happy and enjoy life.. they have rules, I comply - my home country they have far more difficult/near impossible rules for a Thai person to retire there... not sure about Australia as they might need people to balance out the roo population, but I think it is not as easy for a Thai to go there than you to come here.. correct or not? 

2 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Obvious to you that you are civilized and others are not? Yeah, I don't really see that... 

but you go on and on and on again about what their rules should be... according to you... 

I can see you still get it and that's ok, some are thicker than others as the saying goes, really no need to keep kicking this ball, I give up ????

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

This actually sums up the backpackers, until you talk with them for an hour and learn how they ended up in Thailand and off the normal path of life......then you hear the weirdest stuff imaginable...

'The Beach" The sequel..coming to a cinema near you just in time for your next 90 day report

Starring Vin Diesel as the weary,cynical expat attempting a border run to Laos pursued by a mysterious organization known to the immigration police only by its initials.... TVF.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

not you, but the other guy, sure... he calls the place uncivilized... personally, I prefer to live in a place where people are mostly happy and enjoy life.. they have rules,

If you are referring to me, I never once said Thailand is uncivilised, yet you to tend to twist things around I have noticed, a bit like a conspiracy theorist. 

Are most Thai's happy and enjoying life, by that comment I would say you are referring to the 1% who own 67% of the country while the rest barely get by, rules, of course, how else do you keep the masses in line. It's part and parcel, no one said the rules are fare, let alone suggesting they are, or are you wearing your yellow shirt ?

8 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

not sure about Australia as they might need people to balance out the roo population, but I think it is not as easy for a Thai to go there than you to come here.. correct or not? 

You have no humour and your intended joke is funny not, as for Thai's entering Australia, there is no problem there providing they get the right visa's.

I did say I wasn't going to kick the ball, but one more shot at the goals was nice, done and dusted as I take my victory lap, over and out ????

Edited by 4MyEgo

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

I can see you still get it and that's ok, some are thicker than others as the saying goes, really no need to keep kicking this ball, I give up ????

Just gets a bit annoying for me when people start sounding superior and calling others uncivilized because they have trouble accepting the rules of another country... if we all re-wrote the rules according to our own likes and needs, there would be a million sets of rules... it comes across as a superiority thing when you put yourself so far above the uncivilized and want to re-write their laws... 

• Haha 2

By definition, a "Thai expat" is an expatriate Thai person, ie. a Thai person living in a country other than Thailand.

As far as I know, they can come back relatively easily to their homeland in Thailand if they so chose.

Therefore I have absolutely no clue why the OP is prattling on about foreigners domiciled in Thailand, stranded or otherwise.

• Haha 1

Just now, NanLaew said:

By definition, a "Thai expat" is an expatriate Thai person, ie. a Thai person living in a country other than Thailand.

As far as I know, they can come back relatively easily to their homeland in Thailand if they so chose.

Therefore I have absolutely no clue why the OP is prattling on about foreigners domiciled in Thailand, stranded or otherwise.

We all know what he meant .

Although some people try to be difficult , and take the OP heading literally

We all know very well that he was referring to Felangs living in Thailand 

I find some comments amusing regarding Thai officials, mostly because it accentuates the lack of experience of the commentators. I have dealt  with Asian workers for years due to outsourcing, the process is defined, they have no flexibility, if the fit is not perfect and aligned they push back or refer it to their manager. It really is that simple.

The smart person learns how to live and work with this situation, others request change ????

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:
1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Expand  

We all know what he meant .

Although some people try to be difficult , and take the OP heading literally

We all know very well that he was referring to Felangs living in Thailand 

Of course we knew what he meant but only by our being rather forgiving towards his lamentably rubbish grammar. If I was of a mind to start prattling on the internet about a country that I may have only stumbled across less than a year ago, and spout off about how hard done by the 'resident tourist' is with regard to Thai immigration law, I would at least make an effort to get the grammar correct.

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

The smart person learns how to live and work with this situation, others request change

Like those that bleat about dangerous local drivers, no law enforcement and the need for Thai societal and cultural reform while others just drive more carefully and make sure they are in control of the only thing that they can control, their own driving habits.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 3:24 PM, kenk24 said:

Just gets a bit annoying for me when people start sounding superior and calling others uncivilized because they have trouble accepting the rules of another country... if we all re-wrote the rules according to our own likes and needs, there would be a million sets of rules... it comes across as a superiority thing when you put yourself so far above the uncivilized and want to re-write their laws... 

The only rules and laws here is money, and corruption.

Do you think Thailand would be a better place if this was changed?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

Do you think Thailand would be a better place if this was changed?

I am not a citizen of Thailand - - it is not my place to change or criticize anything here... 

I would have 0% chance of changing anything in my home country... I really don't get why people who are not Thai come here as a guest and think they can/should change laws and society... 

Sure, I would love it if visa regulations were designed specifically for making my life as easy as possible, but that is not realistic... It is realistic that they can make their own laws... [even w/o your help] and as long as I qualify for a visa, I will stay here. 

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

The only rules and laws here is money, and corruption.

And this is patently false... you just cannot make blanket statements like this and have it be true... my Western home country is heavily influenced by lobbyists and money... I can't change that either... 

Can't you just relax and enjoy the great things here? Nobody likes a complainer... you must be a hoot to go out with on Saturday night.. 

• Sad 1