Free Tourist On Entry Visa > Dec 2020

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Is there a path to upgrade into tourist visa and Non O? 

You can apply for a non-o visa with a 30 day visa exempt entry or the 45 day extension extension of it. The extension would have to be applied for after you finish quarantine since you must have 15 days remaining on your stay to apply for the visa.

My wife and I are going to be starting the process for the Tourist Visa today.  The visa exempt would work as we intend to roll into retirement visas after quarantine.  However, we noticed that the same documents have to be submitted for the Certificate of Entry (COE) as TV so might as well get the extra 15 days.

Unless,, of course, we misread the situation.  555

32 minutes ago, Scofield said:

How do you extend?

To apply for an extension of your permission to stay, you visit your local immigration office. The supporting documents and other conditions depend on the type of extension being requested.

55 minutes ago, Chivas said:

99% will go nowhere near it whilst enforced quarantine remains

Quarantine is important to keep Thais safe. It is being done in mot countries. But people would avoid going for vacations if there is mandatory quarantine. 

This method will promote entry of those seeking for work/business in Thailand on a tourist visa. Only those who have some investement/condo/business/ family will go for mandatory quarantine. 

A real tourist wouldn't want to be quarantined.

17 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

Quarantine is important to keep Thais safe. It is being done in mot countries. But people would avoid going for vacations if there is mandatory quarantine. 

This method will promote entry of those seeking for work/business in Thailand on a tourist visa. Only those who have some investement/condo/business/ family will go for mandatory quarantine. 

A real tourist wouldn't want to be quarantined.

lol thats what I just said !!

12 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

I don't find China in the list. Seeing how wonderfully they managed the Covid situation , I was assuming Chinese will have first chance to visit Thailand visa-free and enjoy the beauties.  ????????

I guess because they were not previously a visa exempt country.

We did the online application for the Tourist Visit for Americans.  It did include the option of “entering on visa exempt” and requesting of the COE.  This is posted below for general information:

“Just for info concerning U.S.A. Tourist Visa/COE applications, my wife and I were required to submit two 2 x 2 photos, paid for airline flights, Covid-19 Policy (8,450 Baht for two months, https://covid19.tgia.org/ ), Copy of Passport and Bank Statements.  

The website indicates these were not necessary until AFTER they initially looked at the application.  Left to send in would be:  ASQ reservation and payment, declaration and Passport.  The passport application seems to be satisfied by online information application.

For info, flights booked have free date changing and the Covid insurance is cancelled if denied a visa and/or COE.” 

2 hours ago, hexa said:

Very good news. I think Thailand might be now my choice in january. Will decide end of year probably. Hopefully COE wont take long time to get (they say up to 15 workdays, would prefer like ~5).

I believe the visa processing is what requires 15 working days. If I apply for a COE under the new visa exemption scheme, the 15 day requirement goes away (RTE Washington, DC website)

3 minutes ago, SEAsia Traveler said:

I believe the visa processing is what requires 15 working days. If I apply for a COE under the new visa exemption scheme, the 15 day requirement goes away (RTE Washington, DC website)

I would question this.  My wife and I, California, United States, did our Tourist Visa/COE application today and the same 15 days timelines appeared for COE.

No saying wrong but believe Jury may be still out.

I would recommended giving 15 work days just to be sure.  

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is not a visa. It is a 30 day visa exempt entry.

I was approved by the cabinet last week. Also a 45 day extension of it instead of 30 days.

Would 30 days of Covid insurance be acceptable then for the COE application? And if one attempted the 45 day extension without insurance?

Personally I would get the longer policy but...would the IO question why you purchased a policy longer than the exemption period?? (TiT)

Is this new 45 days change something you get when you arrive to Thailand or is it something you get when you apply extension ?

Precovid there was a rule that you should have a onward ticket within 30 days you arrive using exemptscheme. How is this going to be now ?

7 minutes ago, George36 said:

https://covid19.tgia.org/   We choose to start with 60 days policy for 60 days Tourist Visa.  Cost $288 each.  Seems coverage is about $90 a month.  

The policy indicates that it is extendable.  

For 30 days it quoted me 4,800 baht. No choice for visa exempt so I selected tourist visa. Also requires a Thai mobile number but seemed to accept any digits.

SafetyWing policy is about 40% cheaper and covers more with a higher maximum. I might try that and fall back to the other if rejected. 

The dreaded 40/400 coverage requirement seems absent for visa exempt COE.

Archived