Pattaya: "Drunk" Brit's night out - faces DUI and fleeing accident scene charges

webfact

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Would this be the first time ever someone in Thailand is charged with fleeing the scene of an accident ?

'Fleeing the scene',  is so common here I  always assumed it mustn't have been against the Law...

22 minutes ago, quake said:

Get a grip man.

The locals are the real bad guys for DUI.

Not just the few hundred Falangs that do this.

Totally agree, I know very few Foreigners who regularly drive around well over the limit. But a large proportion of Thai's I know seem to consider it no big deal.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Pilotman said:

then they should be more responsible.  Families don't need this kind of  'role model' Father, if indeed he is one. 

I was talking in general about this type of behavior.

And you have never F / up, in your life,   your so perfect. LOL.

6 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Tough, if you want to live in a foreign country, behave like the guest you are supposed to be, not a complete moron. If deportation was hung over your head, you may behave better.

As for never deporting someone due to having to pay car finance or mortgage, are you serious ? 

Yes serious as it all adds up.

Maybe with your thinking,  people may not come back,  maybe abandon there wife children.

win win, yes ? one more family broken for ever.

People on TV need to get a grip.

Bet you have never F/up,  LOL

BTW, that's a childish cheap  shot .

( If deportation was hung over your head, you may behave better.)

Edited by quake
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, quake said:

I was talking in general about this type of behavior.

And you have never F / up, in your life,   your so perfect. LOL.

yes I  have , but not in this way and not  in a way that would potentially injure me, my family or others  Its called taking responsibility for yourself and having pride and a bit of common sense, a thing that is missing in anybody who drinks and then takes to the roads. No excuses. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

yes I  have , but not in this way and not  in a way that would potentially injure me, my family or others  Its called taking responsibility for yourself and having pride and a bit of common sense, a thing that is missing in anybody who drinks and then takes to the roads. No excuses. 

I don't believe you, 

All young men, in the uk,  that had or have a car or bike,  have done the DUI.

stop the pork pies. please.

you may be responsible now in your twilight years

But just roll the clock back 45  years or more.

All ok with that ? LOL.

Edited by quake
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

idiot

it would help the local public transport if people used it instead of going on drinking binge and driving

the police should be setting up random road stops from 12 - 5am to catch and charge them - the only way to stop it

many here won't like my comments and I know why

Nothing wrong with the principle but it is unlikely to ever happen.  Finding a cop between 12 - 5am that is sober enough to do the road stops would be a challenge in itself.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Throw the book at him, why do people think they can drink to excess

then get in a vehicle or a motorbike,no one died this time but many

do,and in lots of cases the drunk person survives, while others in the

accidents die.

regards Worgeordie

Of course very likely alcohol was the reason for the foreigner to attempt a runner . Yet I would like to point out that a person with alcohol in his blood is not necessarily the person in the wrong when a accident occurs . Many have little knowledge how the law works in that situation . The insurance companies thought they knew , but the human rights court in Europe put them in place .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

never have, never will.  I was in the Military for many years, from age 16 and they taught personal responsibility,  maybe you should have tried it, or maybe you tried and  they sussed you out and rejected you?. 

The biggest  drunks,  i have ever met,  were military personal. LOL.

But ok, your the exception to the rule. ok, no worries. you should be proud of your achievement. :jap:

Edited by quake
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, quake said:

The biggest  drunks,  i have ever met,  were military personal. LOL.

But ok, your the exception to the rule. ok, no worries. you should be proud of your achievement. :jap:

Not at all, I can get <deleted> with the best of them, I just don't drink and drive. Come to think of it, Im drinking wine right now, but the car and the motorbikes are in the car port,  all tucked up for the night. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

He has a thai wife, maybe even a child, no need to throw him out of the country

however a big fine is ok, and maybe some mandatory days as an observer in a night emergency

hospital service, where he could see a lot of other idiots like him with less luck coming

in pieces after an accident driving drunk

He should have thought about the consequences before driving a lethal chuck of metal around risking killing someone else's wife, father, mother sister, brother or child.

Luckily he just hit another chunk of metal and not a person. Could just as easily lost control and mowed into a group of people.

Then like a coward he ran away. Shame on him.

Driving while drunk is a despicable criminal act and kills far more people than COVID ever could.

Throw him out and he misses his family he can take them with him.

I say revoke his visa for life and anyone else who thinks DUI is not so serious.

Before he goes have him meet a family who lost someone to a drunk. Then let them show him the effect it has had on them and how their lives have been destroyed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pilotman said:

Not at all, I can get <deleted> with the best of them, I just don't drink and drive. Come to think of it, Im drinking wine right now, but the car and the motorbikes are in the car port,  all tucked up for the night. 

Same here.

But i'm ok,  to admit i was not perfect in my former years, i did F/Up

So i wont be part of the ,  hang them high brigade . like the TV Judge ,   jury and executioners.

I would just administer the correct punishment for the crime. and do it in a way that

it does not impact people around them to much.

Your cheap shots don't make you look so good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crusader said:

Drinking and driving...no excuse - lock him up and forget he is there...and all the rest who do it - unless they crash and only kill themselves.

Yes that would complicate things. ????

Will this one be like all the others that silently disappear from the news. 

2 minutes ago, quake said:

Same here.

But i'm ok,  to admit i was not perfect in my former years, i did F/Up

So i wont be part of the ,  hang them high brigade . like the TV Judge ,   jury and executioners.

I would just administer the correct punishment for the crime. and do it in a way that

it does not impact people around them to much.

Your cheap shots don't make you look so good.

Looking good to people I don't know, will never meet and frankly don't care about, worries me not at all. 

• Like 2

Just now, Pilotman said:

Looking good to people I don't know, will never meet and frankly don't care about, worries me not at all. 

you sure about that .:cheesy:

Your the one galloping around on the high horse.

Edited by quake

37 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

never have, never will.  I was in the Military for many years, from age 16 and they taught personal responsibility,  maybe you should have tried it, or maybe you tried and  they sussed you out and rejected you?. 

don't you think that an irresponsible  drunken idiot on a motorbike, who is such a coward that he can't face the music for his own idiocy, gets so much support on this forum, including from you  and I am the one you criticize.  Interesting that don't you think?. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, smedly said:

the police should be setting up random road stops from 12 - 5am to catch and charge them - the only way to stop it

Well they did, about 18 months back and it seemed to be every night. Then it tailed off and with the onset of Covid, and absence of tourists it just seemed to stop. Not enough money in it... and possibly they just don't like catching their own people.

Edited by jacko45k

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

don't you think that an irresponsible  drunken idiot on a motorbike, who is such a coward that he can't face the music for his own idiocy, gets so much support on this forum, including from you  and I am the one you criticize.  Interesting that don't you think?. 

No your not interesting , at all,   i will stick with the, we all F/up some times,

but some are more honest than others, about our past escapades.

Edited by quake

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

Fine him 250,000 Baht and persona non grata entry into passport. If EVERY farang knew the ultimate penalty would be levied you'd stamp out huge swathes of drink driving

No excuse at all that locals do it routinely

Sure he is an idiot and deserves a large fine. Sorry though but if the locals do it with impunity then foreigners are going to mimic them.

There needs to be real enforcement and draconian punishments for all , regardless of nationality!