Problem with a bank letter for extension of stay

I need a new year extension of stay for my retirement o-visa.  I will be going to Chaeng Wattana on Monday to put in the application.

I have over 800,000baht in the bank account.  It hasn't dropped below that amount for many years.  I've already arranged with the bank to issue my balance of account letter on Monday morning.  But I have a problem with the letter that certifies that the money came from overseas.  One of the transfers happened over 10 years ago - so the bank won't certify it.  I have a photocopy of last year's letter where the bank certifies it.  I was intending to attach the photocopy to a note where I explain why the bank won't include it on their letter.  The shortfall that the bank won't certify the origin accounts for about 200,000baht of the total.  I haven't got the time to do another transfer to make up this amount.

What are my chances of getting the extension of stay?

If - they don't grant it.  What are my options then?

That's good news.  Thank you @DrJack54 for your prompt response.

Where can I find the official list of evidence to submit with my application?  I guess I fill in form TM7?  + proof of finances and residence.

I will be attempting the extension 60 days before expiry, due to a death in my family.  I need to rush back to the UK, so I'm rushing this extension through before I go.

18 hours ago, allane said:

I have done an annual Extension nine times, at three different Immigration offices. I've never been asked to show that the money came from abroad.

Same here.  I did mine on Tuesday at Soi 5 Jomtien - bank balance for the year and no proof of  the origin of funds.  Very easy and speedy for once.  It now seems that now everyone gets a letter to remind them to return in 3 months to prove 800,000 in the bank for 3 months.

In Jomtien as noted " told if using the 800,000 baht deposit and not monthly income they don't care where it comes from "  it seem you might have more of a problem renewing the extension more than 30 days.  At Jomtien last year I try doing it two days before the 30 days it was like pulling teeth?

I was leaving for the States one day before my renewal date ( 30 days prior )

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thailand49 said:

It seem you might have more of a problem renewing the extension more than 30 days.  At Jomtien last year I try doing it two days before the 30 days it was like pulling teeth

Despite the dental-like ordeal, did you succeed?

I'm told that some Immigration Departments will allow 60 days prior for special circumstances.  I'm hoping Chaeng Wattana will allow this.

If not, I'll have to do a document check, and 90 day report - and return again in 15 days.  How long does it take to get the extension?  Is it same day?  Or return another day to pick it up?

30 minutes ago, inasia said:

If not, I'll have to do a document check, and 90 day report - and return again in 15 days.  How long does it take to get the extension?  Is it same day?  Or return another day to pick it up?

I hardly understand one part of this. Bit similar to your OP.

Regarding annual extension based on retirement at CW it's issued on the spot.

Regarding applying 60 days early....yes can occur, however you would need to have supporting evidence as to compelling reason. CW is normally 45 days so 60 could be possible with evidence.

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Regarding applying 60 days early....yes can occur, however you would need to have supporting evidence as to compelling reason. CW is normally 45 days so 60 could be possible with evidence.

In this connection I distinctly recall a report on here from @TallGuyJohninBKK some time ago in which he stated that he was able to obtain a retirement extension from CW more than 45 days in advance so as to enable him to use his (final) American Embassy income affidavit before its 6-month validity period expired!

9 hours ago, inasia said:

Despite the dental-like ordeal, did you succeed?

I'm told that some Immigration Departments will allow 60 days prior for special circumstances.  I'm hoping Chaeng Wattana will allow this.

Yes I did succeed,  getting older but I remember years back you could do an Extension 60-90 days early but at Jomtien the last few years it has been 30 days middle of January it happens to be the time I do my yearly visit to the States. 

But the guy made it as if a matter of National security he would pull out the calendar count the days then sit there and think? 

21 hours ago, phetchy said:

It now seems that now everyone gets a letter to remind them to return in 3 months to prove 800,000 in the bank for 3 months.

It is still not being given to everyone: it varies depending on which clerk and which day.  But I got ‘the letter’ this time, also on Tuesday this week!