Travel to Thailand just got easier

JESSVANPELT

Thailand relaxes travel curbs for tourists from over 50 countries

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand on Thursday eased travel restrictions for citizens from 56 countries in a bid to boost the country’s pandemic-hit tourism industry, though visitors will be required to undergo a mandatory two-week hotel quarantine.

Tourists from countries including Australia, France and the United States can travel without visas, but would need a certificate to show they were free of COVID-19 72 hours before travel and a place at a quarantine hotel, Taweesin Wisanuyothin, a spokesman for Thailand’s COVID-19 taskforce said.

Visitors would then be subject to a two-week quarantine period after arriving, he said, adding that the normal 30-day visa would be extended to 45 days

While in quarantine, arrivals would undergo three COVID-19 tests, up from two required previously, Taweesin said, adding that more testing could potentially lead to shorter quarantine times in the future.

The revisions come as the tourism-reliant economy struggles to encourage more domestic activity, but an ongoing travel ban continues to keep most foreign tourists away.

“The entry of tourists will stimulate the economy,” Foreign Ministry spokesman, Tanee Sangrat, told Reuters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Well, I gotta say this is very good news for some of us.

Circumstances may require I & my family return to Bangkok in couple weeks.  Last couple days I have been assembling the list of things to do to get us back and the Non O for me was right there on top.  So, welcome news.

Now if we could do something for that quarantine hotel.  Calling around today and looking like 47,000 baht each is best deal for family of 5 with 3 young children.  Ouch!

• Like 2

sitting in Lanzarote ATM came here 2 weeks ago no stuipid alcohol bans to get here have to do a 72hour pcr test for hotel and a health status questionare online registration to complete submit 24 hrs before travel.

No covid 19 here at leased no hospitilizations.

fue cof with ur quarrantine not even if it was free, so less baht to go around only effects the poor anyway