COE brick wall

27 minutes ago, Winegeeker said:

I finally got in touch with DC embassy today and a visa official called me back, she confirmed she was shipping my passports and visa today, they received them on December 30th

i asked about COE and she said that once i upload my info with visa the COE should only take 1 or 2 days to get which is contrary to what everyone is posting on here!

i hope i can be on my way in the next 10 days, i will keep everyone informed of timing progress

Good news, hopefully mine is sent out today too. I was told by email i will have my passport this week. That COE better be quick. I start travel Feb 3.

Edited by at15

Yeah she said COE should be almost instant, i hope so?

i need book flights and ASQ again, i already paid from before so I just emailed my ASQ hotel to see if they have availability for around February 5th as i can now only stay at my original hotel without losing my money

9 hours ago, Winegeeker said:

Yeah she said COE should be almost instant, i hope so?

i need book flights and ASQ again, i already paid from before so I just emailed my ASQ hotel to see if they have availability for around February 5th as i can now only stay at my original hotel without losing my money

I help you hope, but the local embassy here in Singapore said the COE takes 6 to 10 working days. I wouldn't hold my breath over it being instant

49 minutes ago, Suphawk said:

I'm sitting on my Qatar to Thailand B777-300ER they told me a grand total of 7 people on this flight. ????

Just hoping my 2 flights are a go...and passenger loads similar to those would be just GRAND! For us that is! For the air carriers...not so much! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George36 said:

All documents submitted for COE and they expect a three working day turnaround.  My flight is on the 10th of February so plenty of time.  

LA Consulate has been excellent with my processing.  Entering on Tourist Visa.

Wow!  Submitted docs for COE and just received the COE.  

That is quick.  

• Like 1

LA Consulate rejected my COE??? 555

This is the message I got:  Due to ASQ and ATKT can't be reviewed. Pls downsize the file and upload again.

The Files are 51 KB and 100 KB each????

Of course they don’t answer the phone or return emails.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

LA Consulate rejected my COE??? 555

This is the message I got:  Due to ASQ and ATKT can't be reviewed. Pls downsize the file and upload again.

The Files are 51 KB and 100 KB each????

Of course they don’t answer the phone or return emails.  

My first try with still valid Retirement Extension and Re-entry Permit, Wash DC wasted 3 weeks, which killed my extension, before denying me with a non-word...Cognito! Typically Thailand. 555

PSX_20210126_162936.jpg.9491b260d7eb869d59247ebdea1f4b3e.jpg

All the files are PDF.  Does not make sense(in a way I expected something like to happen).  

The other files I uploaded on COEthailand were over 1mb.  Now two files that are under 200KB are too big and cannot be reviewed and therefor the COE is rejected.  The Consulate did not answer the phone for 2 hours and the voicemail box was full.  Finally someone picked up  and the reply I got was “resize” the files and upload again. “Thank you very much”. I went to FedEx and scanned the documents again.  Best I could do was 100 KB and 200KB for the files.  I also emailed the same files to the consulate and the exact same files were uploaded to the online Visa Application Website weeks ago,.  But of course none of this matters.  Luckily i have two weeks before my flight and we will see what happens.  

The total time it took to get my COE was 96 hours from the time I clicked the COE application submit.  

My daughter did the sizing so I cannot comment on that stuff.

However, once I uploaded the documents and hit send, the COE was approved and sent to me in an hour.  It is all automated and the COE comes almost instantly when documents submitted.

Hope this helps.  

37 minutes ago, George36 said:

The total time it took to get my COE was 96 hours from the time I clicked the COE application submit.  

My daughter did the sizing so I cannot comment on that stuff.

However, once I uploaded the documents and hit send, the COE was approved and sent to me in an hour.  It is all automated and the COE comes almost instantly when documents submitted.

Hope this helps.  

Which location was it

1 hour ago, Winegeeker said:

Are they .jpg or .pdf, i think they only accept certain kinds of files?

i did get tracking just now that my passports are in transit, i hope i receive them tomorrow 

FWIW, I sent everything as a pdf... I figured to send in a file type I knew they could handle, as it's the world standard nowadays. Had no problems. File sizes ranged from 110 to 484 Kb...

• Like 1

“”File sizes ranged from 110 to 484 Kb... “

The files that caused the rejection(ASQ and Flight Ticket) are 100 KB and 237KB.

I was instructed to “Resize” them and apply for the COE again?????

I doubt I can “Resize” the files any smaller without having to purchase Adobe Pro.  After already spending close to $4000 USD for 1 year Health Insurance with Covid 19 coverage, ASQ Hotel(non refundable) and flight (non refundable) this is the last thing I want to deal with.  But in the end I have 2 weeks to figure out exactly what “Resize” means?????

4 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

The files that caused the rejection(ASQ and Flight Ticket) are 100 KB and 237KB.

I doubt I can “Resize” the files any smaller without having to purchase Adobe Pro.  After already spending close to $4000 USD for 1 year Health Insurance with Covid 19 coverage, ASQ Hotel(non refundable) and flight (non refundable) this is the last thing I want to deal with.  But in the end I have 2 weeks to figure out exactly what “Resize” means?????

There’s gotta be a corrupted file you uploaded, that size would not be a problem at all, if it was a file size problem it wouldn’t allow you to upload it

13 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

In the free Adobe Reader, try printing the document and then in the Print dialog, select print to PDF in the list of prints. This sometimes helps if there's any protection on the PDF or any sort of issues. It will create a new PDF file from the existing PDF.

Also consider making screenshots of the PDF document and add these as well as PNG into the application, just in case.

4 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

My first try with still valid Retirement Extension and Re-entry Permit, Wash DC wasted 3 weeks, which killed my extension, before denying me with a non-word...Cognito! Typically Thailand. 555

The reason for denial may be in the Thai writing.  Google as usual is poor but comes up with something about sending an email as being required to register.

7 hours ago, treetops said:

The reason for denial may be in the Thai writing.  Google as usual is poor but comes up with something about sending an email as being required to register.

Thx but Thai wife translated it. No reason given. Moot now anyway. Kept at it and finally got COE. Flight leaves tonight! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Thx but Thai wife translated it. No reason given. Moot now anyway. Kept at it and finally got COE. Flight leaves tonight! 

Best of luck..

If have time later when in bkk please update travel experience. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Best of luck..

If have time later when in bkk please update travel experience. 

Thx kindly and will do. Will try to find to find the time during 15 days of "house arrest" with no beer, booze or wine! ????

Flyiing Turkish Airlines. Departs ATL 945 tonight 27th. 10 hours to Istanbul. 9 hour layover, then another 10 hour flight to BKK. Arrive BKK Friday 29th. 

• Like 1

“There’s gotta be a corrupted file you uploaded, that size would not be a problem at all, if it was a file size problem it wouldn’t allow you to upload it”

Doubt the two files were corrupted because I emailed them to the Consulate as an attachment.  The Visa Officer was able to view them.

Went to FedEx and scanned the files again.  The files are now 100KB.  I am now waiting for the COE process to begin again so I can upload same the files the consulate has had for weeks.  Of course I expected this type of problem to occur and never believed the COE process could be completed in 15 days.  The entire Visa/COE process has been a difficult one even though I had the mandatory COVID 19 insurance, the ASQ hotel booked and the flight booked before I even applied for or the Visa/COE.