COE brick wall

2 hours ago, at15 said:

Is the QuickMD Fit to Fly certificate that doesnt have your covid result fine? Has anyone done that successfully ? or do we need to use Donna in Bangkok

Yes...QuickMD. Got Fit to Fly from QuickMD yesterday. They do NOT need Negative Covid test result. Took 3 mins for the video Dr. visit + $75 and 10 mins  later received the certificate via e-mail. At the airport now waiting to check-in.????

Dr. Donna much cheaper I understand but didn't bother with that.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

“”File sizes ranged from 110 to 484 Kb... “

The files that caused the rejection(ASQ and Flight Ticket) are 100 KB and 237KB.

I was instructed to “Resize” them and apply for the COE again?????

I doubt I can “Resize” the files any smaller without having to purchase Adobe Pro.  After already spending close to $4000 USD for 1 year Health Insurance with Covid 19 coverage, ASQ Hotel(non refundable) and flight (non refundable) this is the last thing I want to deal with.  But in the end I have 2 weeks to figure out exactly what “Resize” means?????

Remember once you browse files and select them they show on screen but you have to hit the tiny upload button or they wont attach8B978E4C-3BEC-461F-84EF-D4D9FA50EB22.thumb.jpeg.6cbac11cf45f88d5b84f4fc5875f7ce4.jpeg

• Like 1

Received my CoE at midnight last night. From start of the process until receiving the actual COE was around 6 working days, but I made the mistake of booking my flight too early and had to shift it, fortunately didn't cost me too much extra (except for the PCR test and F2F, which I have to do again). I'll be off 6th of Feb.

Edited by PadKrap0w
  • Like 2

If you are dealing with the DC Embassy then you might just make it.  I have been dealing with LA Consulate and it has been a nightmare.  From the start I gave myself 30 days to complete the Visa and COE process.  I had the entire packet scanned and on hard copy before I applied for the Visa and COE(ASQ and Flight prepaid).  The Visa only took 7 days.  My COE has been rejected 3 times because the “COE Team” claims “not reviewable”??? First I was told to “Resize”(no idea what this means?)  the files and upload again. Did that and got another rejection email.  Now they claim “not viewable”.  Called several times and two employees hung up on me.  Called back and they claimed “we were disconnected”?.  I distinctly head the sound of a phone receiver being hung up.  But of course what do I know.

Sent several emails and theyreplied was do not email anymore or your COE will delayed even more.  Final attempt and submitted again.  This time I could clearly see all files were clearly uploaded when I went onto the COEThaland website.  Also, took a screenshot of the files clearly visible on the COE website.  This will upset them off even more but at this point the only thing I have to lose is the $4000 i have already spent on NON Imm OA/Covid 19 insurance, ASQ hotel and the flight.  Good luck to all those who will attempt this process because if may not be a smooth ride.  

Edited by sqwakvfr
Grammar

1 minute ago, sqwakvfr said:

If you are dealing with the DC Embassy then you might just make it.  I have been dealing with LA Consulate and it has been a nightmare.  

Your experience is ridiculous and I do not understand it.  My experience with LA Thai Consulate was excellent..

I started my request for Tourist Visa and COE in mid-December and received my visa and COE within two weeks.  Even over the Christmas and New Year holidays.  

I delayed my trip until February due to present outbreak in Thailand.  

Last Saturday, I put in my application for new COE and, within six hours, I received approval and a link with a six digit code to upload my. ASQ, flights confirmation and Covid medical insurance within 15 days.  

I booked everything and uploaded all this past Tuesday. Within two hours, I received my COE.

After uploading, I used the six digit number to check on the status and it quickly changed to “COE approved” and I received an email with information and ability to download COE.

Sorry for your troubles.  Wish you the best.

Winegeeker, I do not know what part of the country you are in but Passportusahealth.com has locations nationwide.  They have a package deal:  COVID 19 PCR test and Fit 2 to Fly certificate for $225.  If the sample is collected before 1200 then next day results are guaranteed via email.  But an appointment is needed and they tend to be fully booked.  Some airports have COVID 19 PCR test available.  For example LAX has a lab that can produce a COVID 19 PCR test on the same day.  Good luck on this part of the process.  

George36, I may have upset them from the start because I sent an email to get clarification on the New Visa process(where one has to upload the application files first and then wait for a response to send in the hard copies with the passport and money order).  The clarification response never came and I made a huge mistake by sending in the hard copy of the application along with the passport and money order first..  I then got a reply telling me to apply on the website first.  I apologized numerous times and completed the online application  in two hours along with the evidence of ASQ and Flight to BKK(the online Visa Application specifically required evidence of both).  Then the problems started.  Either way I hope this is over soon.  

On 1/27/2021 at 1:33 AM, Issanman said:

Call the COE help line:

202-431-0882

I had a problem with my COE and the gentleman that answered that number helped me figure out how to fix the problem. I have my COE now and I'm flying out Friday morning. 

Were you able to contact the number above?  No help?

8 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Halfway home. In Istanbul now. Flight from Atlanta had 150 passengers. More to follow. 

Excellent work.

I'm sure many folk will be interested in your path and experience after landing bkk.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

Winegeeker, I do not know what part of the country you are in but Passportusahealth.com has locations nationwide.  They have a package deal:  COVID 19 PCR test and Fit 2 to Fly certificate for $225.  If the sample is collected before 1200 then next day results are guaranteed via email.  But an appointment is needed and they tend to be fully booked.  Some airports have COVID 19 PCR test available.  For example LAX has a lab that can produce a COVID 19 PCR test on the same day.  Good luck on this part of the process.  

Yes we have a passporthealth here in Florida, I contacted them and they told me 2 to 3 days for test results and i said then the fit to fly certificate will be more than 72 hours old can you post dated and they said no i would have to make another appointment to get that for $100. I told them to shove it

“Were you able to contact the number above?  No help?”

Yes I called them and the guy was very responsive but he could not help because I applied with the LA Consulate. If I had applied with DC then he could assist.  Part of the problem with the LA Consulate is not clearly explaining what the problem was.  The first error message appears to be incorrect and telling me to “resize” files was wrong.  Even if the file uploads on my end there is no guarantee the COE approver can download it.  

Thanks for the number.  

Edited by sqwakvfr

I had uploaded my passport picture page without the signature page. They told me to re-upload my passport page, but they didn't tell me why. Anyway, when I uploaded it again, I included the signature page and it was fine after that. 

7 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

• Like 1

Someone did answer now, not much help, said if you did everything correctly it should be approved in time for my flight, he didnt ask my name or 6 digit code and i asked if he could check and he said something like he didnt have access, so he was no help

20 hours ago, Winegeeker said:

Congratulations Suphawk, i hope to be there soon

i uploaded everything for COE last night, i only needed flights and asq and haven’t heard a thing all day, it should only take 10 seconds to look at 2 documents 

Sorry about the telephone number debacle.

When my daughter uploaded my stuff for COE, she had to upload the Covid medical policy even though she had uploaded it previously.  Might want to check.

Just brainstorming and guessing.  5555

4 hours ago, George36 said:

Sorry about the telephone number debacle.

When my daughter uploaded my stuff for COE, she had to upload the Covid medical policy even though she had uploaded it previously.  Might want to check.

Just brainstorming and guessing.  5555

Thanks, yes it was already attached from before 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Winegeeker said:

Thanks, yes it was already attached from before 

Winegeeker, I'm pretty sure they wait until a few days (2-4 days) before your flight to issue the COE. I know I was on pins and needles also. But it seems like they have a process , it's just they don't share the info about the process.

I can see some logic to it, they give full attention to those who are flying soon, so once your flight is imminent I have seen that they respond quickly to resolve any issues and provide the COE.

I got a rejection for not having hotel letterhead, once I provided the updated doc, they replied quickly with my COE.

Soon you'll be stuck in your ASQ for 2 weeks, but it's good to finally be back in Thailand ????

• Like 1

Yeah its a pain for me because i have to get to a gateway city from Florida so it adds more time for me, i will be flying out of JFK so i need to leave for there on Thursday 

im gonna get PCR test Tuesday and hope results come back Wednesday or Thursday and i will do the video call for fit to fly on Wednesday 

• Like 1

WARNING!!! Never Fly Turkish Airlines!!! I was denied boarding in Istanbul because they claimed my RT-PCR test was expired. The test time was exactly 60 hours & 22 minutes before my Turkish Airlines flight departed from Atlanta. The rules are 72 hours before the INITIAL flight, as is clearly stated in the correspondence from the Thai Embassy. The exact wording from the Thai Embassy correspondence, once COE is approved is as follows:

'...RT-PCR test, issued within 72 hours before departure (in case of connecting flight(s), before embarkation from the initial port)'

Turkish Airlines competent staff in ATL checked all docs and everything was in order and I was on my way. They would have denied me boarding then and there in ATL had the test not met the correct time frame.

So after 10 hour flight to Istanbul and 10 hour layover, they denied me getting on the Turkish Airlines flight to BKK because they wrongly and stupidly and incompetently cannot read, nor add, nor understand the rules...nor will they listen. RUDE and WORST customer service EVER. After the flight departed with me in distress because of their ineptitude, they just deserted us. Their was a family of 3 (European guy with Thai wife and child) also left behind due to Turkish Airlines blatant STUPIDITY AND INEPTITUDE. They had COE with ASQ hotel approved and listed on COE, but Turkish Airlines dumbass staff insisted that this hotel was not an approved ASQ hotel...despite the FACT that the COE was approved and the hotel was stated on the COE! We spoke and commiserated and told our stories while we unsuccessfully tried to get help from the Help Desk. The effort was futile...tits on a boar hog comes to mind. The father/husband said to me...there's $5000 lost. I replied...and $3000 thrown away for me. That not including the further expense yet to be incurred, as below.

LONG further story, which will not subject the reader to the torture of this NIGHTMARE! Never saw the family again, but I was forced to buy at ticket back to The States for an additional $800. Now I'm down almost $4000 and back in Atlanta...right back to where I started. It's amazing how far one can travel in 2.5 days, only to find yourself right back where you started! I had to fly to Houston out of Istanbul and get a hotel there and then back to Atlanta the next morning. Got back yesterday and just submitted new application for COE this morning...FOR THE THIRD TIME!

FAIR WARNING: Avoid Turkish Airlines at all cost! Have already decided to spend $400-600 more on Korean or Qatar or Delta/Korean or ANY other next time. There were numerous other passengers in similar situations for myriad destinations and all of us agreed...LESSON LEARNED AND NEVER AGAIN.  It was an "<deleted>" nightmare. 

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

WARNING!!! Never Fly Turkish Airlines!!! I was denied boarding in Istanbul because they claimed my RT-PCR test was expired. The test time was exactly 60 hours & 22 minutes before my Turkish Airlines flight departed from Atlanta. The rules are 72 hours before the INITIAL flight, as is clearly stated in the correspondence from the Thai Embassy. The exact wording from the Thai Embassy correspondence, once COE is approved is as follows:

'...RT-PCR test, issued within 72 hours before departure (in case of connecting flight(s), before embarkation from the initial port)'

Turkish Airlines competent staff in ATL checked all docs and everything was in order and I was on my way. They would have denied me boarding then and there in ATL had the test not met the correct time frame.

So after 10 hour flight to Istanbul and 10 hour layover, they denied me getting on the Turkish Airlines flight to BKK because they wrongly and stupidly and incompetently cannot read, nor add, nor understand the rules...nor will they listen. RUDE and WORST customer service EVER. After the flight departed with me in distress because of their ineptitude, they just deserted us. Their was a family of 3 (European guy with Thai wife and child) also left behind due to Turkish Airlines blatant STUPIDITY AND INEPTITUDE. They had COE with ASQ hotel approved and listed on COE, but Turkish Airlines dumbass staff insisted that this hotel was not an approved ASQ hotel...despite the FACT that the COE was approved and the hotel was stated on the COE! We spoke and commiserated and told our stories while we unsuccessfully tried to get help from the Help Desk. The effort was futile...tits on a boar hog comes to mind. The father/husband said to me...there's $5000 lost. I replied...and $3000 thrown away for me. That not including the further expense yet to be incurred, as below.

LONG further story, which will not subject the reader to the torture of this NIGHTMARE! Never saw the family again, but I was forced to buy at ticket back to The States for an additional $800. Now I'm down almost $4000 and back in Atlanta...right back to where I started. It's amazing how far one can travel in 2.5 days, only to find yourself right back where you started! I had to fly to Houston out of Istanbul and get a hotel there and then back to Atlanta the next morning. Got back yesterday and just submitted new application for COE this morning...FOR THE THIRD TIME!

FAIR WARNING: Avoid Turkish Airlines at all cost! Have already decided to spend $400-600 more on Korean or Qatar or Delta/Korean or ANY other next time. There were numerous other passengers in similar situations for myriad destinations and all of us agreed...LESSON LEARNED AND NEVER AGAIN.  It was an "<deleted>" nightmare. 

Oh boy, I'm so sorry to hear this. Best of luck next time. ! 

Did you fly with another airline from the states? If it's the same airline you never really check-in again in Istanbul (right?). Sucks. Should have worked anyways...