EU's Barnier says: just hours left for a Brexit trade deal

snoop1130

30 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

If theres no deal , then French fishing boats will not be able enter British waters , some which stretch 200 miles from our shores .

Other E.U boats will not be able to enter British waters either , which means they will all congregate in French waters , it will be awfully crowded in your waters .

it is now already .....and after 31 December sure  awfully crowded in your Kent  ????

36 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

If theres no deal , then French fishing boats will not be able enter British waters , some which stretch 200 miles from our shores .

Other E.U boats will not be able to enter British waters either , which means they will all congregate in French waters , it will be awfully crowded in your waters .

it is now already .... and sure after 31 December  awfully crowded in your Kent ????

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, david555 said:

it is now already .... and sure after 31 December  awfully crowded in your Kent ????

It is crowded with French and European drivers trying to get home to their familes for christmas 

As the USA used to say collateral damage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

It is crowded with French and European drivers trying to get home to their familes for christmas 

As the USA used to say collateral damage

No doubt about that .... but crowded it is included Brits as one was interviewed , many from wherever   

10 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

By the port area .

Your fellow Frenchmen are stranded in the UK in their lorrys , unable to get back home for Christmas and you seem joyous , because a few Brits living near the port are inconvenienced by their presence  .

Christmas as well 

" You are full of hatred "

Because i dont back down ..?????

Hatred is all over you ...you dont like a reply ....used to be always the upper one ....here your airplaine for those only 150 lorrys as Boris spoke ...few hours later officials spoke from 1500.

You really think it go be lesser 1 Jan.2021 with all the new paperwork and restrixtions never existed in 45 years ....

Good luck ...just push Macron further more....as this could gave him ideas ....

Lorries-in-Kent-2819139.webp?r=160865251

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, david555 said:

THose big Dutch hold are under U.K. flag .... they are owned by millionairs ... be sure they know what they do , and so do Boris .... would cost a fortune to get them back or in legal fees 

Frank Bonefaas  is the ship name 

download.jpg

No it wouldn't. Take the flag back. Simples.

1 hour ago, david555 said:

" You are full of hatred "

Because i dont back down ..?????

Hatred is all over you ...you dont like a reply ....used to be always the upper one ....here your airplaine for those only 150 lorrys as Boris spoke ...few hours later officials spoke from 1500.

You really think it go be lesser 1 Jan.2021 with all the new paperwork and restrixtions never existed in 45 years ....

Good luck ...just push Macron further more....as this could gave him ideas ....

Lorries-in-Kent-2819139.webp?r=160865251

Good formation. I must say! 555

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

No it wouldn't. Take the flag back. Simples.

Complete B.S.. These fishing rights (inside the current UK quota) have been sold and bought according to UK property law, not EU law. It's exactly the same as when foreigners bought houses and flats. The government cannot seize them without paying a fair compensation. That's UK law.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, candide said:

Complete B.S.. These fishing rights (inside the current UK quota) have been sold and bought according to UK property law, not EU law. It's exactly the same as when foreigners bought houses and flats. The government cannot seize them without paying a fair compensation. That's UK law.

UK law doesn't mean much anymore, remember the Withdrawal Agreement was UK law. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hi from France said:

UK law doesn't mean much anymore, remember the Withdrawal Agreement was UK law. 

Which court is relevant in this case?

UK property rights issues are judged by UK courts according to UK laws. As far as I know, there's nothing in the current UK law which allows to deprive someone of his property rights because he is a foreigner. The law can be changed but cannot be applied retroactively.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, candide said:

Thanks so much for the comment. I was talking about vessel registry, not rights or quotas - the UK MCA can change flag eligibility rules if they want to, which may well restrict UK access and activity for foreign fishing vessels. EU designated quotas will not apply in the future but there may be some other arrangement. British fishing rights laws may change but, yes, compensation may be involved.

But I would bet that they want the fish, not the compensation. 

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, candide said:

Which court is relevant in this case?

UK property rights issues are judged by UK courts according to UK laws. As far as I know, there's nothing in the current UK law which allows to deprive someone of his property rights because he is a foreigner. The law can be changed but cannot be applied retroactively.

I'm not very knowledgeable there but as I understand in a country with no written constitution like the UK a 50% majority in parliament allows to do absolutely anything you want. I might take a bit longer, furthermore Johnson has a solid majority.

In most rule of law countries, a two third (qualified) majority is required for major changes.

Here, BJ can pretty much pass whatever law he wants, then revoke it? See https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/blog/internal-market-bill-breaks-international-law 

Edited by Hi from France
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Thanks so much for the comment. I was talking about vessel registry, not rights or quotas - the UK MCA can change flag eligibility rules if they want to, which may well restrict UK access and activity for foreign fishing vessels. EU designated quotas will not apply in the future but there may be some other arrangement. British fishing rights laws may change but, yes, compensation may be involved.

But I would bet that they want the fish, not the compensation. 

You might see less small foreign fishing ships in future .....but you shall still see those biggy ones still after 31 December ....unless Boris pay them big money .....good chance he do that !....only already for his personal  ego .To show to his electorate as a result because brexit ...tax payers pay anyway as they do now already for his friend Cummings golden handshake pay rise .....Nhs  personal can wait ....they have to do with some nice blustering words only from him ????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, david555 said:

THose big Dutch hold are under U.K. flag .... they are owned by millionairs ... be sure they know what they do , and so do Boris .... would cost a fortune to get them back or in legal fees 

Frank Bonefaas  is the ship name 

download.jpg

What is your point ?

Are you saying that as the French cannot fish in British waters , the UK should stop Dutch  boats as well ?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Why dont people provide links to their statements ?

Why do I constantly need to keep asking !!!!!!!!!

Do you have a link to that ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/18/belgian-minister-accidentally-tweets-eus-covid-vaccine-price-list

Price paid by UK was in another article, will post when I find it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Why dont people provide links to their statements ?

Why do I constantly need to keep asking !!!!!!!!!

Do you have a link to that ?

Links are only demanded if posting an artical from nespaper or dimilar  ...

( any Mod  moderating please clear it up if a made wrong explaining here now)

I dont think they go introduce that special for you ....????

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

how is that so, if French can not fish in the channel/la manche nor do the UK, check the width of the channel and explain how it will work out .... how far is your island from Belgium, Netherlands and Wales from Ireland, check your geography and you may understand the problem and why Macron is not accepting Boris gang BS....  555

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Channel

The English Channel,[a] also called simply the Channel, is an arm of the Atlantic Ocean that separates Southern England from northern France and links to the southern part of the North Sea by the Strait of Dover at its northeastern end. It is the busiest shipping area in the world.[1]

It is about 560 km (350 mi) long and varies in width from 240 km (150 mi) at its widest to 34 km (21 mi) in the Strait of Dover.

Argentina ignored Maggies "BS", it didn't pay off for them, did it... :whistling:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Argentina ignored Maggies "BS", it didn't pay off for them, did it... :whistling:

don't mix apples and oranges... don't divert/distract/sidetrack because you couldn't come with anything credible, facts are facts France and England (UK) are separated by The Channel which the width  is in some areas less then the 200 miles required for the fishing so called "international waters",  go ahead solve the problem and forward your answer to Boris & Macron, because for the past 4 years none could come up with any constructive proposal, UK fish goes swimming to France and vice versa, how will you separate them, which one is a French fish and which one is a UK fish

4 hours ago, apetley said:

That article just lists the different prices of the various different vaccines .

It doesnt back up you claim that the UK is paying double what Belgium are paying .

The UK paid premium price for the first vaccine available and have begun vaccinations  .

I believe Belgium have yet to approve the vaccine, so hasnt yet began its vaccination programe yet

You claim that the UK is paying $ 38 for a shot of the Moderna dose and Belgium is paying $ 18 .

As TWO doses are required , Two shots are needed , need to pay for two of them . do you think thats where the the price difference is ?

Two doses and twice the price ?

• Like 1