French modelling agent who knew Jeffrey Epstein placed under investigation

rooster59

French modelling agent who knew Jeffrey Epstein placed under investigation

2020-12-19T110756Z_1_LYNXMPEGBI07V_RTROPTP_4_PEOPLE-JEFFREY-EPSTEIN.JPG

FILE PHOTO: U.S. financier Jeffrey Epstein appears in a photograph taken for the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services' sex offender registry March 28, 2017 and obtained by Reuters July 10, 2019. New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services/Handout via REUTERS.

PARIS (Reuters) - Jean-Luc Brunel, a longtime French modelling agent who knew the late financier Jeffrey Epstein, was placed under investigation and remanded in custody, the office of the Paris prosecutor said on Saturday.

Brunel, 74, was detained on Wednesday as part of a probe opened last year into allegations of rape, sexual assault and sexual harassment. Police arrested him at Paris's Charles de Gaulle airport before he boarded a plane to Senegal.

The Paris prosecutor said Brunel was suspected of having raped, assaulted and harassed several minor and adult victims as well as having organised transport and hosting of young women for Epstein.

Under French law, an investigation may or may not lead to a trial.

A lawyer for Brunel did not reply to a request for comment.

Epstein killed himself in a Manhattan jail at age 66 in August 2019 while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges.

Brunel co-founded the Karin Models agency in the 1990s, and founded MC2 Model Management in the United States with Epstein.

In August 2019, Paris' chief prosecutor opened a preliminary inquiry into whether Epstein committed sex crimes on French territory or against French girls.

(Reporting by Matthias Blamont; Editing by Frances Kerry)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-12-19

???? spider!   I agree all.   Look at some of these Korean or Japanese IG stars with unimaginable shaped bodies.   I was surprised this article said suicide as if it was the last and truthful word.  

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It is likely the case, that nearly anyone closely associated with (I definitely did not commit suicide) Epstein, is guilty. He was a total deviant. Something I just do not get. Guys in his position of great wealth, can attract so much action, by stunningly beautiful women who are literally throwing themselves at that wealth, and perception of power, that they do not need to abuse, or engage in that kind of behavior. And same applies to the underage thing. I just do not get that either. There are so many ridiculously beautiful 20 years olds out there, that are everything any man could need, from a fantasy perspective, that a healthy man just does not need to abuse and traumatize underage girls. 

But, I guess that is the point. We are not talking about healthy men. Deviance is the kind of thing, many of us should be grateful for an inability to understand, or be able to wrap our minds around. 

While I agree with you, I believe Epstein was a deeper and possibly more sinister figure. His targets were the the world's wealthy and most powerful. His money was a calling card and deviancy was a lure. They in return helf perpetuate his fortunes. Wall Street types have said they didn't see evidence he made a lot of his money through conventional channels. Did he have rich Russian or Chinese acquiescences too? He was certainly in a position to extract valuable info from powerful people. I doubt we little people will ever know his full game.

21 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It is likely the case, that nearly anyone closely associated with (I definitely did not commit suicide) Epstein, is guilty. He was a total deviant. Something I just do not get. Guys in his position of great wealth, can attract so much action, by stunningly beautiful women who are literally throwing themselves at that wealth, and perception of power, that they do not need to abuse, or engage in that kind of behavior. And same applies to the underage thing. I just do not get that either. There are so many ridiculously beautiful 20 years olds out there, that are everything any man could need, from a fantasy perspective, that a healthy man just does not need to abuse and traumatize underage girls. 

But, I guess that is the point. We are not talking about healthy men. Deviance is the kind of thing, many of us should be grateful for an inability to understand, or be able to wrap our minds around. 

There is an outstanding question yet to be answered:

Where did Epstein get his money, nobody who knew him has any idea and he is not known to the business world as a trader or businessman.

A credible explanation is he was running a dirt gathering campaign, but who funded it?

11 hours ago, rabas said:

While I agree with you, I believe Epstein was a deeper and possibly more sinister figure. His targets were the the world's wealthy and most powerful. His money was a calling card and deviancy was a lure. They in return helf perpetuate his fortunes. Wall Street types have said they didn't see evidence he made a lot of his money through conventional channels. Did he have rich Russian or Chinese acquiescences too? He was certainly in a position to extract valuable info from powerful people. I doubt we little people will ever know his full game.

It is likely what you are saying is spot on. And it is also likely that he did not kill himself, and rather was eliminated by powerful interests that did not want him chatting like a songbird. They do not have anything in those cells someone can use to kill themselves, and he was on 24/7 suicide watch. Plus they had video, which was never revealed. It was all too convenient, and reminded me of the Kenneth Lay affair, and his too convenient "heart attack", and his wife's subsequent ability to maintain his fortune, which would have been forfeited had he been convicted.