Thailand to test over 10,000 people after record COVID-19 surge

Jonathan Fairfield

27 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

keep arguing. lets meet on this forum in a week and see the stats, they were able to hide the truth but not anymore. 

the world is looking.  

Note- u r not ready to understand what me and other members are explaining. no one says test everyone. all i am saying that their current numbers cant be trusted. I have already posted many times about what i think their strategy is. may be im wrong. but that doesnt make u right either

Hide the truth?  Stop with the conspiracy theories. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Miami007 said:

My BIL is a doctor.  My niece tested positive and according to him "as long as he is not sick, she is healthy".  My niece had no symptoms but shows in the statistics as covid patient.  In Europe/ USA the media and government and many people do absolutely care about asymptomatic carriers.

You are right that athletes get it all the time and recover (like the majority).

In April we were told in the USA that more testing would prevent more cases - but nobody said how that would work.  Obviously a test today means nothing tomorrow or the day after - we would need to test everyone every day, which is not possible

You can't compare Thailand to the US.  The virus has been raging there for a long time.  But not here.  Thus, the need to test as many as possible in the US to catch all the cases.  That's not needed here....perhaps until now.  We'll see.

5 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Thailand has been doing testing for months.  One reason they found these cases.

Sorry to stick a pin in your bubble and burst it the only reason these people were found is because the old lady was very ill and went to hospital. Then they tested her. They are / were not going out doing objective testing. But you keep yourself believeing it will all be ok.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, stretch5163 said:

Sorry to stick a pin in your bubble and burst it the only reason these people were found is because the old lady was very ill and went to hospital. Then they tested her. They are / were not going out doing objective testing. But you keep yourself believeing it will all be ok.

Sorry to stick a pin your bubble and burst it, but Thailand has been testing for months.  They can produce 100,000 test kits locally a month.

Even in our home countries, not everybody gets tested.  Thus, some get sick, end up at the hospital where they do testing, and....yup, you got it.  I think....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, D M G said:

Test more people, find More COVID.  Test no people, find No COVID.

No wait...that's too LOGICAL

It’s illogical because it’s based on the false assumption that everyone who’s infected with Covid is asymptomatic. That’s not the case, so if there was a hidden widespread outbreak we would have seen more people showing up sick in hospitals as was now the case with this old lady.

That being said, I’m all for testing people. 

• Like 1

Just now, welovesundaysatspace said:

It’s illogical because it’s based on the false assumption that everyone who’s infected with Covid is asymptomatic. That’s not the case, so if there was a hidden widespread outbreak we would have seen more people showing up sick in hospitals as was now the case with this old lady.

That being said, I’m all for testing people. 

One big reason testing is important is to find the positivity rate.  Luckily here in Thailand, even without testing, we know it's low.  Because the hospitals have few, if any, covid patients.  And yes, if a patient goes into a hospital sick, there's a good chance they'll be tested.

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

That's a standard conspiracy theory.  Amplified by Trump.  Don't test, you won't find CV19.  It's a terrible conspiracy theory.

I haven’t said “Don’t test, you won’t find CV19”. I’m all for testing people. 

Someone was suggesting that there are way more active Covid cases in Thailand than reported, claiming those are just not found because there’s not enough testing. If that was the case, however, we would have seen more people showing up in hospitals. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

One big reason testing is important is to find the positivity rate.  Luckily here in Thailand, even without testing, we know it's low.  Because the hospitals have few, if any, covid patients.  And yes, if a patient goes into a hospital sick, there's a good chance they'll be tested.

False info, they will not test unless they meet the MOPH guidelines for testing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Sorry to stick a pin your bubble and burst it, but Thailand has been testing for months.  They can produce 100,000 test kits locally a month.

Even in our home countries, not everybody gets tested.  Thus, some get sick, end up at the hospital where they do testing, and....yup, you got it.  I think....

So wheres all the reults if Thailand has been testing so wide sopread as you are saying ?

Personally i think you just like to see your name in lights and keep posting with no evididence. 

Just because they can produce 100,000 kits locally a month means absolutely nothing as its clearly obvious they are not testing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

False info, they will not test unless they meet the MOPH guidelines for testing.

Did you read the guidelines?  They say to test if the patient has ANY of the symptoms for CV19.

You should read it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stretch5163 said:

So wheres all the reults if Thailand has been testing so wide sopread as you are saying ?

Personally i think you just like to see your name in lights and keep posting with no evididence. 

Just because they can produce 100,000 kits locally a month means absolutely nothing as its clearly obvious they are not testing.

I never said they are doing widespread testing.  Just saying that they do test.  Many on here say they don't.  Just refuting that conspiracy theory.

Jeez...calm down...

17 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

the UK as in having 2,000,000+ cases and 67,000 deaths?

compared to Thailands 4,000 cases and SIXTY deaths?

that UK?

yeah Thailand is not testing enough :cheesy:

your comment is ridiculous

your last sentence, shows how ridiculous your comment is.

of course Thailand is testing very small numbers.

the UK are testing millions more than here.

as i say, your comment is just ridiculous.

maybe you are not the most intelligent person on the planet........

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

tosh.

you dont need to test if you dont have sick people

how do you think they found this cluster? reading tea leaves?

Apparently you don't understand what asymptomatic means and how a virus spreads.

• Like 2

I just reed bar discussions...seriously:

Thai politic eliminated covid since may 26 (about) closing borders and airport (something that western countries didnt do and pay cash now!), sacrifiing tourism and big part of economy. Like King Rama IX prepared the country during last 40 years, they try to survive in autarky...that's why sometimes you think they are too much nationalists. SO they create this hard and complicate quarantine: hard but efficient : a few foreigners came with covid but they were detected in hotels in contract with hospitals. These farang were treated immediatly, and well in hospitals (no dead people ...better than if they should stay in UK or US , right?)

Since 3 weeks , 1/some birmese workers come inside Thailand with no permit crossing border illegally...and some had covid. 2/Some thai ladybar came back to thailand from 1G1, big karaoke 300m in birma for rich men(big cluster), 2 of them decided to come back illegaly renting a van to not make quarantine. During 5 days they went in 6 province visiting family, friends, malls, contacting at least 1560 people (6 cases founded). 

3/ the biggest thai market for seafood is in samut sakhon: all big boats sale ovethere...the owners employ birmese (90%) , so about 100.000 people. Sometimes , they can come back home for some days. U can imagine when 1 of them is back on board with covid .And what about the body of 1 myanmar dead (=no value)...So I believe that in the 546 cases there are 500 cases birmeses fishermen because they have no value and no possibility to be isolated on board...Its not cause ot Thailand communication lies (pulmonary services are empty), but of thais boat owners.And now the problem will extend because so many people and companies come to buy in this market......

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, stretch5163 said:

only reason ... because she when to a hospital ...

YES! That's what hospitals are for. People who are not well go there.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Did you read the guidelines?  They say to test if the patient has ANY of the symptoms for CV19.

You should read it.

Not just any of the symptoms most of the symptoms are needed.  Was just at BNH and asked about testing was told unless I had breathing difficulties, a fever over 101, smell and taste issues as well as flu like symptoms they would not test.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not just any of the symptoms most of the symptoms are needed.  Was just at BNH and asked about testing wS told unless I had breathing difficulties, a fever over 101, smell and taste issues as well as flu like symptoms they would not test.

So speaking to one medical staff member, you'll make an assumption about the rest of Thailand?  Really?  Come on...

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

So speaking to one medical staff member, you'll make an assumption about the rest of Thailand?  Really?  Come on...

Not any staff, but my primary care doctor as well as my endocrinologist. They have a list of the symptoms you must present with in order for them to test you.  Unless of course your a contact of someone positive already, then you need to contact MOPH to be tested 

Edited by ThailandRyan

6 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Google the definition of asymptomatic!

Please read all my prior scientific discussions on asymptomatic covid-19 cases. They came after the chicken joke, so maybe you didn't see them when you made this comment.

Briefly, ~80% of all cases eventually become symptomatic and a significant number will go to a hospital. The may miss some but cannot miss an entire pandemic as some here suggest.

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not any staff, but my primary care doctor as well as my endocrinologist. They have a list of the symptoms you must present with in order for them to test you.  Unless of course your a contact of someone positive already, then you need to contact MOPH to be tested 

So speaking to one primary care doctor and your endocrinologist, you'll make an assumption about the rest of medical doctors in Thailand?  Really?  Wow...

You don't need to contact MOPH to be tested.  You really should read their guidelines.

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not just any of the symptoms most of the symptoms are needed.  Was just at BNH and asked about testing was told unless I had breathing difficulties, a fever over 101, smell and taste issues as well as flu like symptoms they would not test.

As a farang, did he tell you they would pay if you did meet the criteria?