Thailand to test over 10,000 people after record COVID-19 surge

Jonathan Fairfield

40 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Come on Thailand!  You got Covid-19 under control before, you can do it again! 

Aha you really want lock down and alcohol sell ban! Soon every province lock again. Ok "free" visa guys get extra again.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, billd766 said:

They found this cluster ONLY because the lady went to the hospital several days after she felt ill. 3 other members of her family are asymptomatic including her aged mother. Now how did she get Covid?

How many asymptomatic people are going around, possibly spreading Covid without knowing it, and have not gone to the hospital for a check up?

Well , thats always have been the problem so far in the rest of the world . Suddenly people are going to hospital , and you try find the infected and more and more people show up , and hospitals are getting full in no time .

17 minutes ago, mr mr said:

oooook. so the fact that for decades now, regardless of death, people here are burned and no autopsy is ever done. 

got it. no testing for a global pandemic. check. 

Well yes and no . Like i said before , Thailand has been very lucky so far . The what, where, how , doesnt matter . The fact is that the hospitals were never in problem , telling me they were telling the truth . Nobody cares if you are infected if you not need to go to hospital , stay home for a week and ok . Professional footballers got it now all the time , since they getting tested at least once a week and sometimes everybody ok , and 2 weeks later theres 4-5-6 in a team which are infected , most of the time mild symptoms . Testing is good and fine , but it is very difficult to get all cases , lockdown for everybody and test everybody 2 times within a week and then you might got everybody , but that is not possible ( they doing it in China , together with widespread government control over movement ... ) .

Like i said yesterday , Welcome to the world Thailand . You've been very lucky so far .

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, billd766 said:

They found this cluster ONLY because the lady went to the hospital several days after she felt ill. 3 other members of her family are asymptomatic including her aged mother. Now how did she get Covid?

How many asymptomatic people are going around, possibly spreading Covid without knowing it, and have not gone to the hospital for a check up?

20% of the number of cases who do have symptoms. Where are they?

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

I remember posting the similar thing before.  The virus spreads fast but many people don't show any symptoms. Why would they go to a hospital to get themselves tested when there are no symptoms? 

I think what they did was , kept the test prices high, and tested only the contacts. This way they were able to manage the crisis and keep the numbers low.

May be the big daddy told them how to handle the situation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YetAnother said:

instead of 'plans to test', given incompetence, corruption and lying politicians here, give me 'has tested'

But they haven't tested them yet! So you want them to lie? What is the matter with you?

3 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

they are staying at home. i think . i remember talking to a thai girl a few months ago. She and her daughter had fever. Just took paracetamol. They got ok in a some days.

I am not saying they had covid. but If this were my country, a call to a state helpline would ensure a free rt pcr test while isolating at home..

but in thailand there was no one to support an out of work pattaya girl. She said hospital is expensive, she does not have money to get tested. The test is expensive. 

There are many avenues to support and they don't all start with hospital in most countries. What country are you from may I ask.

10 minutes ago, Nout said:

There are many avenues to support and they don't all start with hospital in most countries. What country are you from may I ask.

In my country it still starts with a phone call. People can get a free (government) or affordable (private clinic) rt pcr testing. 

but i was not happy when i heard the plight of this girl and her child. they were burning with fever. they didnt  have enough resources to pay for the exorbidant testing prices. Though they got ok with a paracetamol eventually. but all i am saying is that they should have been tested.

The poor and the marginalised are not being taken care of. And that is certainly not the thai tradition. Those in power should understand that the biggest driving factor for the tourists is these girls. They can show us photos of some beaches, mountains, waterfalls but the driving factor has always been the girls. 

Edited by lovethai123
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Thailand is currently ranked 166th on the tests per million ! 166th ! Barely more per million than Ethiopia, Uganda, Lesotho and Guinea Bissau. Sorry, but,  I think Thailand is completely incompetent when it comes to testing - their own figures prove it !

UK - basically same population - has testing of 711,000 per million more ! 

I thought of it too. But if they didn't have any cases only because they didn't test then a significantly higher mortality should have been noticed, right? But has anyone noticed?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

think what they did was , kept the test prices high, and tested only the contacts. This way they were able to manage the crisis and keep the numbers low.

which - if so - did not lead to a noticable increase in severe symptoms and deaths

only the numbers of symptomfree infected people would have risen to the sky