Thailand reports 382 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

9 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I'll take my chances.  At age 63 and in good shape (a tiny bit obese, but round is a shape, haha) and more importantly living a healthy life and without a challenged immune system, there is little to fear.

Also living in South Isaan with no social distancing nor face masks anywhere, helps to keep the Covid-madness out. 

A Merry social XMas and a Happy unmasked NewYear for everybody!

Obesity increases risks of complications and death from covid, and by definition means that you are not in good health.

COVID-19 patients of all ages with obesity face higher risk of complications, death | American Heart Association

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

It's worked for me so far,fingers crossed.Someone mentioned perspective earlier so I did a quick calc and with approximately 77.7 million (worldometer) people testing positive globally equates to 1.11% of the global population so far which indicates a long road to herd immunity even with vaccines.

'fingers crossed' .  

Pocket full of posies, perhaps!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I'll take my chances.  At age 63 and in good shape (a tiny bit obese, but round is a shape, haha) and more importantly living a healthy life and without a challenged immune system, there is little to fear.

Also living in South Isaan with no social distancing nor face masks anywhere, helps to keep the Covid-madness out. 

A Merry social XMas and a Happy unmasked NewYear for everybody!

Exactly what is it that are you afraid of? 

Anyway, stay away from my grand mom who also lives in South Issan. My family is in Ban Hat and Ban Suk Nak, as rural as you get without going Thai Tarzan. They do wear masks and use full time communal temperature monitoring. 

18 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

Unless you have conducted your own vaccine field trials involving thousands of people and millions of dollars in cost, I think you will have to rely on what you are told...

Apparently 485000 people die each year from drinking contaminated water something which could be solved with concerted effort at least that's what we are being told.I can rely on that.In ten years 4.85 million dead.Imagine the lives that could be saved if we put as much effort to save the vulnerable,the elderly,the young and the healthy as we have been for this virus. 

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/drinking-water

Edited by FarFlungFalang

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai health officials on Monday confirmed 382 new COVID-19 cases.

Of the new cases, 360 were local transmissions, linked to the outbreak in Samut Sakhon, while 8 were imported from overseas.

360 + 8 =  ?????    Sorry, someone else did the maths before me.

Edited by KannikaP

9 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

People of all ages are getting very sick from this virus.  And some are suffering severe long term consequences.  Why risk it?  Mask up.  It's the right thing to do.

Where are you staying in Thailand that such precautions need to be taken? 

In South Isaan where I live NOBODY is wearing masks and nobody practices 'asocial distancing'.  Everybody living the normal life and quite rightly so.  Only at the local Tesco supermarket do you need a mask to enter (or a handkerchief, if you forgot to bring one), but off it goes once you exit.

Maybe I will wear a mask at Carnival, but in mean time I enjoy normal life without fear.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rabas said:

Exactly what is it that are you afraid of? 

Anyway, stay away from my grand mom who also lives in South Issan. My family is in Ban Hat and Ban Suk Nak, as rural as you get without going Thai Tarzan. They do wear masks and use full time communal temperature monitoring. 

Only thing I am afraid of is that the covid-madness would also affect the normal life-style here without masks, temperature monitoring, asocial distancing or other fear-inducers.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Where are you staying in Thailand that such precautions need to be taken? 

In South Isaan where I live NOBODY is wearing masks and nobody practices 'asocial distancing'.  Everybody living the normal life and quite rightly so.  Only at the local Tesco supermarket do you need a mask to enter (or a handkerchief, if you forgot to bring one), but off it goes once you exit.

Maybe I will wear a mask at Carnival, but in mean time I enjoy normal life without fear.

Agreed few wear masks.  But that was before the past few days wave of infections.  Thais I'm talking to now are very scared.  You said you'd go maskless for NYE.  Not sure that's a good idea considering what's going on.

In our Tesco, everyone wears a mask.  Except the odd farang.

21 hours ago, timendres said:

The government performs the posh dog and pony show of quarantining tourists, in a vain attempt to protect their dream of rebooting the tourism cash cow, while the cheap labor machinery continues to import thousands of workers without so much as a temperature check. Minimum wage? Social insurance? Well, that simply defeats the purpose now doesn't it?

Exactly .

14 Days quarantine for Tourist's and plenty of testing and COE's placing Tourist Industry in default to protect Thailand from Covid and than thousands of workers imported with just temperature check ....

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

It's beyond me how people could dismiss the severity of this virus so easily.

It's less severe than many other viruses, I won't live my life in fear of getting it.

I been to Africa many times where I could get hundreds of other deadlier viruses, I think people like to live in fear.

• Like 1

Just now, Anton9 said:

It's less severe than many other viruses, I won't live my life in fear of getting it.

I been to Africa many times where I could get hundreds of other deadlier viruses, I think people like to live in fear.

Please show a list of the hundreds of other deadly viruses worse than CV19 that are in Africa.  And yes, I've been there many times also.  Just this year as a matter of fact.

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

Please show a list of the hundreds of other deadly viruses worse than CV19 that are in Africa.  And yes, I've been there many times also.  Just this year as a matter of fact.

Just do a simple google research, the death rate of Covid is ridicolously low.

5 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

It's beyond me how people could dismiss the severity of this virus so easily.

To some degree he is right.

The mortality rate of Covid seems to be about three times as high as from the common influenza.

Influenza is just ignored, but for Covid we shut down the whole world? Does indeed not make much sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Anton9 said:

Right.  Fast approaching 2MM deaths globally (that's an undercount) and it's nothing to be worried about.  Tell that to the families who've lost loved ones due to this.  Good luck with that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anton9 said:

Not if you're obese (many ppl are) or have a preexisting condition that makes you

vulnerable to the potentially devastating side effects of Covid (DEATH).

• Like 1

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

Right.  Fast approaching 2MM deaths globally (that's an undercount) and it's nothing to be worried about.  Tell that to the families who've lost loved ones due to this.  Good luck with that.

Wow 2 millions, take a look at how many people die each year on earth for different causes.

Do you also tell that to those whov've lost loved ones?

Or only those who died of Covid because media tell you so?

Hypocrisy at its finest

7 minutes ago, jackdd said:

To some degree he is right.

The mortality rate of Covid seems to be about three times as high as from the common influenza.

Influenza is just ignored, but for Covid we shut down the whole world? Does indeed not make much sense.

But the death rate would be much, much higher if action to limit were not being taken as treatment facilities are very limited and would quickly become overrun (even now bodies are having to be stored in makeshift facilities) - intensive care would quickly become unavailable (already is some places) and death rate would quickly climb because required treatment would not be available.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

Wow 2 millions, take a look at how many people die each year on earth for different causes.

How many of those causes are transmissible diseases? And of those that are, how many have no established preventative or therapeutic treatments and are currently increasing exponentially in almost every country in the entire world (apart from a very, very small number).

1 minute ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

How many of those causes are transmissible diseases? And of those that are, how many have no established preventative or therapeutic treatments and are currently increasing exponentially in almost every country in the entire world (apart from a very, very small number).

What"s your point?A death is a death.

Plus vast majority of Covid deaths are people past the country life expectancy

age who were already ill.

Every year, around 9 million people die of hunger, according to the international relief agency Mercy Corps. 

How much is the world doing to prevent this?Are people in favour of social distancing,masks and lockdowns because it "saves lives" doing something for this?Or this is not cool enough?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

Do you also tell that to those whov've lost loved ones?

Or only those who died of Covid because media tell you so?

Hypocrisy at its finest

Selfishness is not wearing a mask to protect others.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

What"s your point?A death is a death.

Plus vast majority of Covid deaths are people past the country life expectancy

age who were already ill.

Every year, around 9 million people die of hunger, according to the international relief agency Mercy Corps. 

How much is the world doing to prevent this?Are people in favour of social distancing,masks and lockdowns because it "saves lives" doing something for this?Or this is not cool enough?

People past their life expectancy? Seriously? You're heartless.  And many in the prime of their lives are being struck down also, some suffering long term effects.

A covid denier for sure.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

People past their life expectancy? Seriously? You're heartless.  And many in the prime of their lives are being struck down also, some suffering long term effects.

A covid denier for sure.

Covid denier ahahah

You are really hilarious, your replies have 0 content, just hypocrisy without any point.

Just repeating like a parrot what you hear on TV.

I will only reply to someone who can hold a intelligent conversation from now on.

Edited by Anton9
  • Like 1

I would think private hospitals in BKK would be the first to get their hands on either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or both and offer them to rich people for astronomical charges.

And then there will be the vaccine black market and the fake vaccines.

Edited by AlQaholic

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1191568/reported-deaths-from-covid-by-age-us/ 18.1million cases

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1127698/influenza-us-deaths-by-age-group/ 45 million cases

By comparison you can see that this virus is more transmissible and dangerous than normal infuenza. The interesting thing is that it only seems to be especially dangerous to older people.

When you start looking at the younger generation there is a argument that it could be less dangerous than influenza especially in the very young.