American in Thailand with Tourist Visa (60 days + 30 day extension) Options Afterwards?

Hi all, as the title states im looking for possible NON-Marriage options for my 60 day Tourist Visa + 30 day extension
Ideally im looking to extend for 3 more months to 1 year

I talked to an Agency and he gave me these options and services:

Simple extension 2 months , 8000 baht, 

Medical visa 3 months, 20.000 baht

Non O 3 months, 22.000 baht, 

12 months volunteer 42.000 baht, 

15 months( non o 3 months + 12 months volunteer visa) 57.000 baht
I was just wondering, do I have any other options?

Could I get Visa Amnesty 45 or 60 day extensions because of COVID?

These prices are a little ridiculous right?

Thanks all!

• Confused 3

Not sure what you are talking about as you can't have came here recently on a tourist visa. So you won't be able coming anytime soon either.

In terms of being in Thailand and extending via agent the yearly options are often best. Prices are normal too for your situation.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Ah thanks for your answer
Interestingly enough, its possible for anyone to come to Thailand on Tourist visa as of a month ago
And that visa can be changed (Not STV though)
And theres just a lot of requirements like flight, COE, visa, covid test prior, fit to fly certificate
Currently im in quarantine in Thailand and came last week on TR

3 minutes ago, Kevin88 said:

Ah thanks for your answer
Interestingly enough, its possible for anyone to come to Thailand on Tourist visa as of a month ago
And that visa can be changed (Not STV though)
And theres just a lot of requirements like flight, COE, visa, covid test prior, fit to fly certificate
Currently im in quarantine in Thailand and came last week on TR

Well good luck with that then lol

OP, the agent options are about correct price wise. The volunteer option is cheaper now than what you state.

Your OP sounds bit weird. You could have researched all this very easily prior to coming to Thailand.

It would seem that the 60 day "covid extensions" will continue given current world situation. 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, the agent options are about correct price wise. The volunteer option is cheaper now than what you state.

Your OP sounds bit weird. You could have researched all this very easily prior to coming to Thailand.

It would seem that the 60 day "covid extensions" will continue given current world situation. 

Depends, many ask 40-50K for first years and offer 25-30K renewals. That are the nice deals.

3 minutes ago, Kevin88 said:

Ooo thanks for that info
Nicee
Theres just too many options it gets a little confusing
Like could I extend for the 30 day, then extend for the covid extension, then extend again on a medical visa? 

I would not recommend that at all, get to the agent as soon you leave ASQ and start processing it. Then your situation is very clear and you didn't have 3 different extensions beforehand. If you must only do the 30 day extension for TR.

It will all take about a month usually anyway, so then you can kick back and relax.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thanks 1

Best case scenario, the 60-day Covid extension will still be available by the time you need it. In that case, you can easily get it without an agent's help for the official 1900 baht price, directly at your local immigration office.

Ultimately it depends on your long-term plans though. If you plan to stay longer, go for a long-term extension to minimize hassle and uncertainty.

I'm filling out the COE through the LA California office.  I said I don't have have a ticket yet on the first page but they want me upload my ticket and proof of insurance on the last page.  I cannot complete the COE without this information. Anybody been through this? Solution?  Thanks

21 minutes ago, sudsy said:

I'm filling out the COE through the LA California office.  I said I don't have have a ticket yet on the first page but they want me upload my ticket and proof of insurance on the last page.  I cannot complete the COE without this information. Anybody been through this? Solution?  Thanks

I dont think there is any other way. You need everything required to be done before submission.

• Like 2

You have to include everything they require, or they will kick it back to you until you upload all the requested documents, ie. confirmed ASQ booking and approved flight booking, etc. Then I'm pretty sure you fall to the back of the line again.

I thought I had it all covered, but initially they kicked mine back because I didn't have everything required for a non Thai Health insurance provider.

• Like 2

Im in the process of getting my TR visa from America as well...

May i ask you a few questions Kevin88? Which website did you use to apply for the coe?

I see two options:

https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/ 

https://thaiembdc.org/onlinevisaapplication/

Did you get your TR visa back from the thai embassy before you apply for the COE? That seems to be the way i understand it. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ZergBurger said:

https://thaiembdc.org/onlinevisaapplication/

Did you get your TR visa back from the thai embassy before you apply for the COE? That seems to be the way i understand it. 

For Tourist Visa and COE, use the one above.  I went through La Thai Consulate and they emailed the COE/Declaration while sending the visa back to me with my passport.

Both same time.  Heard it might be separate functions in other consulates.  

https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/ is the right site i used
I applied in Korea though haha so i had to get my flight first, asq, insurance, then apply for visa, then once i got my visa immediately apply for COE online
https://www.facebook.com/groups/thailandspecialtouristvisa
helped me a lot w questions about Fit to Fly Certificate and best insurance options

12 hours ago, WuhanVagabond said:

I thought the covid extension was only for people initially "trapped" here when the airports closed. Will they really give him a 60 day CCP virus extension when they see he just entered the country???

That is my thought as well.  However, I wonder if there is another lock down, if they would redo this as people in the country are already screened and there would be a dip in new arrivals.  Money being spent by people already here is better than having everyone head home.  Theoretically, the original people are no longer trapped for the most part, and they didn't make everyone leave.

19 hours ago, Kevin88 said:

Hi all, as the title states im looking for possible NON-Marriage options for my 60 day Tourist Visa + 30 day extension

Thanks all!

They sure are...my single entry Non-immigrant O cost maybe $50 and my annual extensions B 1900.

19 hours ago, Kevin88 said:

Thanks all!

Get the correct visa for your stay before you come.

13 hours ago, sudsy said:

I came in 3 months ago from LA, you have to make a reservation from the repatriation flights listed on the Consulate website.  It was a reservation but not paid yet with iHanatour.  Consulate will accept that.  Once you get the flight reservation, you can get your ASQ reservation based on that. Once you get your COE, you then finish paying for your flight. 

For the insurance, I used Cigna Global, $1,000,000 USD policy (good everywhere but the US) also covering C-19 (tell them you need the statement and they will provide) is about $225/mo.  My regular insurance in the US could not come up with a C-19 statement.  Not going to lie, with the no older than 72hr C-19 PCR test and fit to fly (not to mention all of the other things that could go wrong), it was nerve racking right up to getting on the plane.  There were people at the airport that were being turned away from the flight because they did not have everything correct/complete.  Make double copies of everything in case the people checking the forms (checked 6x between LAX and the Hotel) lose copies.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, travelerjim said:

Get the correct visa for your stay before you come.

Oh hello, I thought the "get a proper visa" brigade has gone extinct thanks to Covid...

Seriously though, converting a visa exempt or tourist visa entry to a non immigrant visa at immigration is straightforward, as long as the requirements are met. Depending on how easy or difficult the OP's embassy is, that might or might not be a better option. Not to be dismissed with a generic throwaway comment.

Edited by Caldera

16 hours ago, Carmine6 said:

Just to clarify.  There are now "Semi commercial" flights.  There's a large spreadsheet of flights other than the repatriation flights that are available.  I believe they also generally cost less, or can cost less since there is less demand for those flights relative to the repatriation ones.

The spreadsheet is available from the link almost half the way down on this page, right above the repatriation flights:

» VISAS (thaiembdc.org)

Thanks, good to know.  However, the guy is flying out of LAX (Los Angeles) and there are no semi commercial flights on the spreadsheet leaving LAX (unless he can find a way to get to one of the listed departure countries airport).  He will have to wait for the January list on the LA Consulate website towards the bottom of this page:

https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/visa/related-procedures-in-requesting-for-a-certificate-of-entry-and-visa-to-enter-thailand/

And make his flight/ASQ reservations on a repatriation flight.

8 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Thanks, good to know.  However, the guy is flying out of LAX (Los Angeles) and there are no semi commercial flights on the spreadsheet leaving LAX (unless he can find a way to get to one of the listed departure countries airport).

The list on the spreadsheet is for the departure airports for the flights.

He would have to arrange his flight to connect with them.

For example Emirates flies from the US to Dubai. He could contact them about the flights.

5 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Thanks, good to know.  However, the guy is flying out of LAX (Los Angeles) and there are no semi commercial flights on the spreadsheet leaving LAX (unless he can find a way to get to one of the listed departure countries airport).  He will have to wait for the January list on the LA Consulate website towards the bottom of this page:

https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/visa/related-procedures-in-requesting-for-a-certificate-of-entry-and-visa-to-enter-thailand/

And make his flight/ASQ reservations on a repatriation flight.

You had the right idea and Ubonjoe filled in the info.  They only list the actual flight into Bangkok and not all the feeder flights possible.  So, they would not, for example, have one line each for flight from SEA, SFO and LAX to Taipei, that feed BR211 TPE to BKK. It would be a nightmare to keep up with schedule changes for all the airlines.  (That's a made up example as I don't know what their schedules are. BR11 out of LAX does feed BR211)

So someone has to just check which airlines fly from their chosen origin to meet one of the flights to BKK and check the availability.  There are many times the number of flights possible compared to the repatriation list.  For example, I believe EVA has at least 2 flights per week from LAX through to BKK, and possibly 3 per week.  One on Wednesday, and one or two on Friday.  So about 8 or 12 flights per month.  That compares to maybe only 1 or 2 of the EVA flights being on the repatriation list per month.  It is also easier to switch to the week after on the same airline versus having to cancel a Cathay repatriation ticket and book on Korean the next week if things move to slowly.

18 hours ago, Carmine6 said:

You had the right idea and Ubonjoe filled in the info.  They only list the actual flight into Bangkok and not all the feeder flights possible.  So, they would not, for example, have one line each for flight from SEA, SFO and LAX to Taipei, that feed BR211 TPE to BKK. It would be a nightmare to keep up with schedule changes for all the airlines.  (That's a made up example as I don't know what their schedules are. BR11 out of LAX does feed BR211)

So someone has to just check which airlines fly from their chosen origin to meet one of the flights to BKK and check the availability.  There are many times the number of flights possible compared to the repatriation list.  For example, I believe EVA has at least 2 flights per week from LAX through to BKK, and possibly 3 per week.  One on Wednesday, and one or two on Friday.  So about 8 or 12 flights per month.  That compares to maybe only 1 or 2 of the EVA flights being on the repatriation list per month.  It is also easier to switch to the week after on the same airline versus having to cancel a Cathay repatriation ticket and book on Korean the next week if things move to slowly.

At the time that I flew LAX to BKK at the end of August, it was a repatriation flight listed by the LA Consulate who were publishing repatriation flights out of LAX to BKK on their website with the knowledge that it was not non-stop and all were only repatriated or special designated persons.  There is right now a single flight listed on the website page I linked showing a flight 12/31 as a repatriation flight.  Try finding a flight from LAX to one of these spreadsheet flights in to BKK from that is not a connecting flight in one ticket through and you will find all kinds of reason why that can't happen.  Some carriers want 72hr PCR-RT tests that are no older than 72 hrs from test to touchdown at your final destination.  It just adds to the logistical nightmare that already existed when I flew in.