Agent in BKK for (legitimate) 60-day Covid extension?

I am interested in any experiences with agents in Bangkok that provide the 60-day Covid visa.

FYI, for the "this is illegal or immoral" crowd, in this case it is totally legit and an agent would be used only for the sake of convenience -- in other words, just to avoid the trips(s) and hassles at MTT.

I do know that the (former?) Thaivisa Forum sponsor can do the procedure, but they just jacked up the fee from 3500 to 5400 baht, so I am interested in any potential alternatives. We would need to get it done before year-end, so any first-had experiences appreciated. Any public or private posts welcome.

1 hour ago, eppic said:

I am interested in any experiences with agents in Bangkok that provide the 60-day Covid visa.

FYI, for the "this is illegal or immoral" crowd, in this case it is totally legit and an agent would be used only for the sake of convenience -- in other words, just to avoid the trips(s) and hassles at MTT.

I do know that the (former?) Thaivisa Forum sponsor can do the procedure, but they just jacked up the fee from 3500 to 5400 baht, so I am interested in any potential alternatives. We would need to get it done before year-end, so any first-had experiences appreciated. Any public or private posts welcome.

If you're happy with the service, the extra 1900 baht fee would seem to be small compared to the hassle and risk if switching. Just my 2 cents.

8 minutes ago, tonray said:

If you're happy with the service, the extra 1900 baht fee would seem to be small compared to the hassle and risk if switching. Just my 2 cents.

Have never used this or any other agent, so no switching involved.  Agree that the extra 1900 is not exactly bank-breaking, but if necessary to repeat the extension several times over the next year it's at least worth comparing alternatives. The last-second price increase does not exactly inspire confidence in this agent.

If you want to avoid 'the long trip, the abuse and the stress' as you put it in another post, then you pay the piper the fee to play to your tune.

Unfortunately there are to many applying for Covid extensions with no real reason (or proof) not to return to their home Country other than they feel safer in Thailand during this pandemic.

I suspect as a result, Immigration can name their own price to 'overlook' the reasons and this is reflected in an increase of the agents fee.

The alternative is to do the application yourself, but take the required proof. (Flight cancellation). 

20 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Unfortunately there are to many applying for Covid extensions with no real reason (or proof) not to return to their home Country other than they feel safer in Thailand during this pandemic.

I suspect as a result, Immigration can name their own price to 'overlook' the reasons and this is reflected in an increase of the agents fee.

The proof needed is a completed affidavit. That is all immigration really wants. The 60 day extensions really are a extension of the amnesties done before with a fee instead of being free.

They certainly are not serious about the reason for staying in the country.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The proof needed is a completed affidavit. That is all immigration really wants. The 60 day extensions really are a extension of the amnesties done before with a fee instead of being free.

They certainly are not serious about the reason for staying in the country.

The OP can't get an affidavit or letter from his Embassy (read hid previous posts) and the only evidence he had of applying for the extension due to cancelled flights, he didn't take with him.

8 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The OP can't get an affidavit or letter from his Embassy (read hid previous posts) and the only evidence he had of applying for the extension due to cancelled flights, he didn't take with him.

It is a affidavit that immigration has the applicant complete and sign when they apply for the extension. It has tick boxes for the reasons and one that you can complete.

See: 60 Day Covid 19 Extension Affidavit.pdf229.8 kB · 29 downloads

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is a affidavit that immigration has the applicant complete and sign when they apply for the extension. It has tick boxes for the reasons and one that you can complete.

See: 60 Day Covid 19 Extension Affidavit.pdf229.8 kB · 29 downloads

Granted, but I would expect the Embassy to require proof of why you can't return to your home Country in order to issue the letter.

In this case merely stating the reason for the extension (cancelled flights) without taking proof of such is asking Immigration to take your word as gospel.

28 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Granted, but I would expect the Embassy to require proof of why you can't return to your home Country in order to issue the letter.

A letter from a embassy is not required to apply for the 60 day covid 19 extension. That is why they have people complete the affidavit. One of the tick boxes on it is for not being able to get a letter from them.

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

If you want to avoid 'the long trip, the abuse and the stress' as you put it in another post, then you pay the piper the fee to play to your tune.

The alternative is to do the application yourself, but take the required proof. (Flight cancellation). 

As long as you give them the completed paperwork Immigration don't really care why you want the extension

Your post as many other posters on TV is based on what you think and not facts

If you can fog a mirror you can get a COVID 60-day extension.

I doubt you'll find anything less then 5,400 THB. 

They are still a sponsor here - at least their banner shows up on this forum - so expect they have been vetted and are reliable. A price increase hardly seems like evidence for one to lose "confidence"? (Maybe the fee is 3,500, and the extension is 1,900? Maybe it was bundled for clarity? I don't know, I'm speculating 100%.)

Go for it on your own, and if you have problems enlist the agent.

Thanks for the replies, although none actually addressed the question I had, which is other agents offering the service.  I decided to just call some myself and found others that do offer it. The price varies quite a lot.  I don't object to the price as much as a do the last-second price increase (a reason was given and perhaps genuine, but it still leaves a bad taste).

FWIW, this time I am not concerned about the application being rejected - it would be a second extension and the first one was ultimately successful, albeit stressful  As Ubonjoe stated, the affidavit is the only document officially required (IO demanded extra, but in the end relented).  Using an agent is solely about avoiding the trip and hassles at MTT, which may need to be done twice if an under consideration stamp is given.  It's worth the extra 3500 bt to me to avoid the trip(s) for me and the family, so I expect I'll still go with the first (TVF sponsor) agent, which at least has a solid reputation.

1 hour ago, eppic said:

Well, the latest with this agent is yet another price increase to 8000 baht.

5,400 looking good I guess?

Strange that you face price increases so often though.

Maybe something is amiss with your "paperwork" or "situation", and thus requires extra charges/fees?

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

5,400 looking good I guess?

Strange that you face price increases so often though.

Maybe something is amiss with your "paperwork" or "situation", and thus requires extra charges/fees?

Nope, 100% straightforward visa exempt entry, no paperwork issues whatsoever. Just a slimy agent. If we try to send the passport tomorrow the price will probably be 10k. Will just do it ourselves.

17 hours ago, eppic said:

Nope, 100% straightforward visa exempt entry, no paperwork issues whatsoever. Just a slimy agent. If we try to send the passport tomorrow the price will probably be 10k. Will just do it ourselves.

So at least you avoided any bait and switch? Not straightforward if they already have your passport and suggest a price increase. 

Just to close the loop here. At MTT now and the process has been completely straightforward. No interrogation like we faced last time and counter K was almost empty despite it being close to end of December. Very quickly through and passport returned in about 15 min. Only downside is a return trip needed because of under consideration stamp, but that should be quick.

The 8000 bt (after two price increases) asked for this service was am absolute scam and I would never trust this "sponsor" agent again. Apparently agents get a bad rep for good reasons.

2 hours ago, Kiujunn said:

Could someone tell me which agent you are talking about? 

(I cannot see any banner ad)

They are referring to us.

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So at least you avoided any bait and switch? Not straightforward if they already have your passport and suggest a price increase. 

We do not bait, and switch.

We honored the 3,500 THB rate from November until December 15th.

The rates have increased on our side so we have had to increase our prices for this service.

(We have not advertised that price for quite some time now)

3 hours ago, eppic said:

Just to close the loop here. At MTT now and the process has been completely straightforward. No interrogation like we faced last time and counter K was almost empty despite it being close to end of December. Very quickly through and passport returned in about 15 min. Only downside is a return trip needed because of under consideration stamp, but that should be quick.

The 8000 bt (after two price increases) asked for this service was am absolute scam and I would never trust this "sponsor" agent again. Apparently agents get a bad rep for good reasons.

We are still honoring 5,400 THB fee if the situation is normal, and you gave us 3 business days to apply.

If applying last minute, then the price would be higher, or if the situation is more complicated like you used another agent for a medical visa then it may be higher as well.

On 12/24/2020 at 9:17 AM, Tanoshi said:

He should be able to apply on his own if he indeed does have a straight forward case.

We have had many positive reports of individuals applying for the 60 day extensions on their own, which is what we currently recommend doing.

3 hours ago, eppic said:

We wish we could offer the same price we were advertising back in November but this is not a service we are really pushing.

While we can still do it the cost on our end has increased.

We advise applying on you own for 1,900 THB if possible, and closing the loop on your own as you have suggested (if possible).

Still bait and switch nonsense.

I was was first told to apply one week oi advance for 3500 baht price.  

From the very beginning it was clear it was a straightforward processing, no complications.

I contacted again to send passport one week early (as told!) but was then told price was now 5400.

I was not happy but asked when I could submit at that price and was told by Dec 28.

On Dec 27 I requested passport pickup on 28th and was told price is now 8000!

I have written record of all this so you cannot deny it.

It is very sleazy practice, period!

1 hour ago, eppic said:

Still bait and switch nonsense.

I was was first told to apply one week oi advance for 3500 baht price.  

From the very beginning it was clear it was a straightforward processing, no complications.

I contacted again to send passport one week early (as told!) but was then told price was now 5400.

I was not happy but asked when I could submit at that price and was told by Dec 28.

On Dec 27 I requested passport pickup on 28th and was told price is now 8000!

I have written record of all this so you cannot deny it.

It is very sleazy practice, period!

We did not intend for that to happen.

We wish we could have kept the price at 3,500 but it was impossible.

We even honored that price for those who already submitted, and paid us even-though we were losing money.

How many days did you have left when you finally decided for us to pickup your passport?

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

We NEVER change price if passport was picked up, or sent to us under recent price agreements.

While some agents may do what you have mentioned, this is definitely not how we operate. This is why we always confirm the current price / process before obtaining passport. Just like @eppic has explained he inquired at one date, and time passed, and then assumed the prices would all be the same, and decided not to submit with us, and more time passed, and the case became a rush case, and our price to accept that case went up. (at no time did we have his passport)

We will ALWAYS honor prices agreed upon when sent on time, and under the agreed amount (even if circumstances change, and we end up going red in the situation).

10 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

We wish we could offer the same price we were advertising back in November but this is not a service we are really pushing.

While we can still do it the cost on our end has increased.

The cost of the extension has remained the same, 1,900 baht.

Pray tell, what costs on your end have risen from your quote of 3,500 in November to 8,000 in December.

10 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The cost of the extension has remained the same, 1,900 baht.

Pray tell, what costs on your end have risen from your quote of 3,500 in November to 8,000 in December.

We advise everyone that is in a normal situation to apply on their own for ONLY 1,900 THB.

If you are inside of Bangkok it is relatively easy as you can make an appointment online, and we have not heard anyone getting rejected under normal circumstances.

If they have a more difficult situation then they may use our services, and get a full 60 day stamp in one go.

Our price is only 8,000 if you come to us with no time to process your case, we need a few days.

If you come to us with only 1 business day left for us to handle everything then we need to rush it, and that costs more. Like with everything involving visas, you should always give yourself adequate time to apply, and this is double true when using any agent as it is adding an additional step.

9 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Our price is only 8,000 if you come to us with no time to process your case, we need a few days.

It takes 20 minutes to complete a TM7 and take a few copies of documents.

Last minute applications, causing a special extra visit to Immigration, I can understand an increased service price, but 3,500 to 8,000 is a mockery.

16 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

It takes 20 minutes to complete a TM7 and take a few copies of documents.

Last minute applications, causing a special extra visit to Immigration, I can understand an increased service price, but 3,500 to 8,000 is a mockery.

It is no longer our intention to offer this service for those who can submission on their own.

This is why we advise those to submission on their own if this is indeed their situation. 

We are sorry it no longer makes financial sense to use us for this service under standard cases.

Our fee will remain 3,500 THB + 1,900 THB = 5,400 THB if given enough time. There is a late fee of 2,600 THB (plus overstay days if applicable).

It's only 8,000 THB if you don't give us enough time to submission, and you should not allow this to happen, we need 1-2+ days (depends on time of day we get the passport) before expiration. This is especially true for us because of the upcoming holidays, as everyone has waited until the last minute so our staff is working very hard.

Our core services are long term visa services. This is just something we were trying to offer initially at a low price, and it became no longer possible for us to maintain the 1,500 THB + 1,900 THB price (this also included our courier service if in bangkok for free).

We are sorry for those that got caught in the middle, and did not regularly inquire about it since we posted that price back in November. It is not something we will be offering again at a 1,500 THB service fee, and i think it will be pretty hard to find another agency willing to do it for that price.

Feel free to share any other agencies that are offering this service for those prices. If not it still makes a lot of sense to submission on your own. As it is currently a painless process because of the great appointment system/service in bangkok.

On 12/29/2020 at 12:04 PM, ThaiVisaCentre said:

We advise everyone that is in a normal situation to apply on their own for ONLY 1,900 THB.

If you are inside of Bangkok it is relatively easy as you can make an appointment online, and we have not heard anyone getting rejected under normal circumstances.

If they have a more difficult situation then they may use our services, and get a full 60 day stamp in one go.

If you come to us with only 1 business day left for us to handle everything then we need to rush it, and that costs more. Like with everything involving visas, you should always give yourself adequate time to apply, and this is double true when using any agent as it is adding an additional step.

I have tried to stay out of this but you are now implying about us is complete load of fabricated nonsense.

I had asked previously asked about application dates you you had SPECIFICLLY stated that if I applied one week in advance the price would still be 3500 baht. This turned out to be FALSE when I attempted to submit one week before. I can prove this with written documentation!

I then asked on Dec 23rd about last day to apply at the increased price of 5400 and was told 28 Dec. No mention that price would be increased then.

When I contacted on 27 Dec for passport submission I was told price was now 8000!

This second increase is the one that was absolutely a scam.

You were ALWAY aware our situation was straightforward (we were willing to pay just to avoid the trips) and in no case did you advise us to apply on our own.

In other threads such as your own advertorial  I have seen that if our case was not straightforward you would have asked for even more!  It took us a matter of minutes at very quiet immigration so why would it have been so complicated and costly for your processing?

Who would actually send in their valuable passport many days or even weeks before necessary? absolutely absurd!

Again, I can prove everything I have written here -- I did not suddenly ask you to do something you had not already promised.

I had tried to avoid mentioning your agency by name but you outed yourself.  Shall I provide  a verbatim transcript to prove what I have written? Please stop pretending to he innocent in this matter, and blaming us.   What you did was slimy and unethical, period

Archived