Pattaya and Covid: When they should be serious officials abandon their post

webfact

Pattaya and Covid: When they should be serious officials abandon their post

10pm.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable TV

Sophon Cable TV received complaints from people at the Talad Mai Na Klua market in Pattaya that officials screening for Covid-19 had simply abandoned their post. 

They showed a sign that said all traders and customers must wear masks and be under 37.3C to enter, 

Equipment such as thermometers had been left at the sign and there was no one to be seen. 

The media reported that locals were concerned due to the recent outbreak in Samut Sakhon that had spread to 24 other provinces and news that an illegal Cambodian had been found with the virus in Chonburi. 

10pm1.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable TV

In addition checks of workers with connections to the market outbreak in Samut Sakhon were being undertaken. 

So why had their market been left unprotected like this, they asked. 

It should be a time when protocols are at high alert and not negligently ignored, said the complainants. 

Source: Sophon Cable TV

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-24

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Many shops, markets, etc. have relaxed their screenings.

And some that still do, they seem burned out I never see the person even look at the temperature mechanism.

Signing in or the Line app do not seem to be required just about everywhere any longer.

Yeah, that had become the norm; back in full swing though at our local market, and the area is unusually quiet, people panicking a bit. I must say, pretty impressed by the 7/11s, they have this automatic temperature scanning thing that beeps if you fail; saw it in action when a guy failed and made a very quick exit, like beeps and he runs away, fearing quarantine I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I went to a bigC the other day and my temp came up at 32C, thumbs up from the security lad and off you go, they've no idea...

I went to my local Big C yesterday, thermometer on entry to self test... needless to say it was being ignored.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Many shops, markets, etc. have relaxed their screenings.

And some that still do, they seem burned out I never see the person even look at the temperature mechanism.

Signing in or the Line app do not seem to be required just about everywhere any longer.

Not today when I was at Central Festival 3 hours ago. All protocols were being observed and enforce.

On 12/24/2020 at 1:40 PM, Oldie said:

My goodness. What a terrible situation at this market. But on the other hand at nighttime almost the whole entertainment industry doesn't care much about Corona. 

They are very lazy 

Edited by tomauasia