Schools in 18 provinces temporarily closed to halt virus flare-up

snoop1130

Schools in 18 provinces temporarily closed to halt virus flare-up

By The Nation

800_6117fd0f8b6abb5.jpg?v=1608803899

A total of 885 schools nationwide were temporarily closed on Friday as part of measures to contain the latest outbreak of Covid-19.

Office of the Basic Education Commission (OBEC) said 234 high schools and 651 primary schools closed their doors for 12 days. Most are in provinces hit by Covid-19 infections linked to last week’s outbreak in Samut Sakhon province, 45 kilometres south-west of Bangkok.

Schools have been closed in Bangkok along with 17 other provinces – Kanchanaburi, Kamphaeng Phet, Chiang Mai, Ratchaburi, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Phitsanulok, Phichit, Ayutthaya, Nakhon Ratchasima, Nakhon Pathom, Saraburi, Suphan Buri, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Samut Songkhram and Uttaradit.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400171

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-24

• Haha 1

how does this stop the spread of infections ?

As ThailandRyan says, all they will do is spread it all over anyway, at least if at school, its contained most of the day.

But, why do we have a virus flare up, yet no increase in deaths , which still stands at less than 1 in a million , which is probably less than the number of people who die falling off the toilet !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

GF's daughter just called and asked if she can come stay with us since school has been canceled and she does not want to stay at her fathers house.  If They are that worried that they cancel school then why not shut down the venues such as parks, malls, large shopping areas.  Of course, they would kill the already fragile economy over the final two holidays of the year where people spend money.  Isn't that just inviting the spread of the virus as now there will be more children and parents running around and shopping while visiting the parks and malls.

Simple govt logic:  people are expendable, money isnt,

3 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Senior scientist son is isolating his kids (my grandkids) in PA because he thinks a minor Covid infection in anybody could turn into latent disease, like herpes or HepC, which could be reactivated at any time during the person's life for unknown reasons, say stress, for example. In adults, he speculates recovered Covid infectees might not really be recovered but harbouring a hidden kill switch.

Not to mention long-haul Covid symptoms making life hell, potentially forever. Better safe than sorry.

Mortality (look, just 60!) is a poor marker for suffering. Shut the damn schools until we know how far this has spread.

The countries which reopened have cases out of control now. Do we want to join them?

And we know exactly where to lay the blame this time: on the greedy fatcats who wanted Burmese slave labour & didn't want to pay for their quarantine. And any Thai official who looked the other way.

I count 34 provinces, plus Bangkok with Covid+ so far. [Ang Thong, Ayutthaya, Chachoengsao, Chai Nat, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Chonburi, Kamphaeng Phet, Kanchanaburi, Khon Kaen, Krabi, Nakhon Pathom, Nakhon Ratchasima, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Phayao, Petchabun, Petchaburi, Phuket, Pitsanalok, Pichit, Prachinburi, Prachuab Khiri Khan, Ratchaburi, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Singburi, Surat Thani, Tak, Suphanburi, Udon Thani, Uttaradit plus Bangkok]. Please add to this list if you know of others.

Let's put it another way: Do you feel safe shopping at Makro, Tops, Villa, taking BTS & MRT today??? Not me...

yup, i feel safe shopping at most places

how will you know how far this has spread, unless you test each and every one ?

Considering over 97% of people are unaffected by this "deadly" virus, and only know they have it if they get tested, which itself has a poor record of accurate results, its not exactly life threatening for the majority of the population 

closing down places, creating lockdowns, will prevent the spread from those areas to others, but will not prevent the spread inside those areas will it ? so if you lock down, say Bangkok, then the spreading of the virus must continue, and if so deadly, then deaths must follow., or do you think the virus knows not to infect anyone after the government calls a lockdown ?

1 hour ago, thai006 said:

school call us today to pick up our child  at noon , suspicion of covid in khon kaen province ???? 

Have they tested the children , or have they sent them home, possibly carrying the virus to the towns and villages ?

If they dont test, how can they know how many, if any, have the virus and are passing it on ?

do they think the virus stops spreading just because you send them home ?

Anyone learn about the Black Death, the plague that killed so many in England ?

They locked down their towns and villages to stop the spread of the virus, with the result, up to 80% of the population died.

Why is this "deadly: virus not doing the same ?

4 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

Have they tested the children , or have they sent them home, possibly carrying the virus to the towns and villages ?

If they dont test, how can they know how many, if any, have the virus and are passing it on ?

do they think the virus stops spreading just because you send them home ?

Anyone learn about the Black Death, the plague that killed so many in England ?

They locked down their towns and villages to stop the spread of the virus, with the result, up to 80% of the population died.

Why is this "deadly: virus not doing the same ?

Are you saying that locking down the towns and villages resulted in the death of 80% of the population? 

51 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Are you saying that locking down the towns and villages resulted in the death of 80% of the population? 

In some of the villages ( Eyam) , yes with many abandoned due to so few being able to work the land or survive

Are you saying this is going to happen here with this "deadly" virus ?

If not, why ?

If its so deadly and infectious, how will preventing pople from travelling prevent further infections in that community and why do deaths not increase in these areas ?

I know it will prevent the spread to ther areas, most of which we, and the goverment have no idea how many infections there are in these areas , all we see, as per other countries, is increased infection counts, due to increased testing, but no comparable increase in deaths 

I have some advice for those who think that the Covid 19 virus is just another flu.  Go to a hospital and

volunteer your time, catch covid, then when you recover, tell us all how it is just another flu.

My cousin would like to do this but at 53 he died, so is not available to tell all of you how this virus

is just regular.   His younger wife has recovered though,  and she is no longer the athletic person she was, instead

she has days where she cannot hardly do anything as she still has strength issues, breathing issues, 

aches and pains, and that had been 3 months so far. Even her children are very different and have suffered

lots getting over the covid flu.  I get so sick reading from the people who are deniers and say that this is

Just a flu.

Geezer

18 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Senior scientist son is isolating his kids (my grandkids) in PA because he thinks a minor Covid infection in anybody could turn into latent disease, like herpes or HepC, which could be reactivated at any time during the person's life for unknown reasons, say stress, for example. In adults, he speculates recovered Covid infectees might not really be recovered but harbouring a hidden kill switch.

Not to mention long-haul Covid symptoms making life hell, potentially forever. Better safe than sorry.

Mortality (look, just 60!) is a poor marker for suffering. Shut the damn schools until we know how far this has spread.

The countries which reopened have cases out of control now. Do we want to join them?

And we know exactly where to lay the blame this time: on the greedy fatcats who wanted Burmese slave labour & didn't want to pay for their quarantine. And any Thai official who looked the other way.

I count 34 provinces, plus Bangkok with Covid+ so far. [Ang Thong, Ayutthaya, Chachoengsao, Chai Nat, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Chonburi, Kamphaeng Phet, Kanchanaburi, Khon Kaen, Krabi, Nakhon Pathom, Nakhon Ratchasima, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Phayao, Petchabun, Petchaburi, Phuket, Pitsanalok, Pichit, Prachinburi, Prachuab Khiri Khan, Ratchaburi, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Singburi, Surat Thani, Tak, Suphanburi, Udon Thani, Uttaradit plus Bangkok]. Please add to this list if you know of others.

Let's put it another way: Do you feel safe shopping at Makro, Tops, Villa, taking BTS & MRT today??? Not me...

Herps, Aids are all sars  Covid family, its a virus same as the flu that's a sars covid , parvo virus in dogs is Sars related ,.

1 hour ago, actonion said:

Close Schools? How about closing Street Markets where thousands  gather  shoulder to shoulder, as of yesterday late afternoon  more then 50 %  of shoppers not wearing masks, here in Chonburi

Same here in the Chinatown area of Bangkok.  BTS and MRT were packed last night on my way back from the Bang Na Area, squeezed in like sardines.  Lots of sneezing and coughing, but all wore masks, albeit I saw a lot of noses uncovered and people rubbing their eyes.

7 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I have some advice for those who think that the Covid 19 virus is just another flu.  Go to a hospital and

volunteer your time, catch covid, then when you recover, tell us all how it is just another flu.

My cousin would like to do this but at 53 he died, so is not available to tell all of you how this virus

is just regular.   His younger wife has recovered though,  and she is no longer the athletic person she was, instead

she has days where she cannot hardly do anything as she still has strength issues, breathing issues, 

aches and pains, and that had been 3 months so far. Even her children are very different and have suffered

lots getting over the covid flu.  I get so sick reading from the people who are deniers and say that this is

Just a flu.

Geezer

The last stats I saw from the UK showed about 400 deaths from the regular flu vs 40,000 from covid in 2020. So about 100X more deadly. It is seemingly much more contagious, and becoming more so with the new strain.