UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

1 hour ago, Tofer said:

I'm struggling to find that nugget, so would appreciate a link, especially if they paid over any money.

I would also like to know if they refunded that money when they abandoned their attempt to produce it?

Literally seconds of searching throws up several sources.

https://www.sciencefocus.com/news/covid-vaccine-uk/

https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/media/press-releases/sanofi-and-gsk-agree-with-the-uk-government-to-supply-up-to-60-million-doses-of-covid-19-vaccine/

https://www.euronews.com/2020/07/29/coronavirus-vaccine-uk-signs-new-deal-for-60-million-doses-of-potential-covid-19-solution

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8571173/UK-Government-signs-deal-drugs-giant-GSK-60-million-doses-potential-coronavirus-vaccine.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, david555 said:

But not done and result unknown at the time ......

Funny to see the full media offensive on Express pages about N.Sturgeon ...looks like a panic effort from England....????

If the result of the EU Referendum held in 2016 was known in 2014 I sure someone would have complained

7 hours ago, Victornoir said:

It is true that the EU has failed miserably in its management of covid vaccines.

Double shame for us French, the homeland the vaccine process discoverer, Louis Pasteur, and today unable to produce one with ARN messager technology.

Recognize your mistakes to remedy it, let's hope that our elites will learn the lessons, even if we may doubt it.

Most people on this forum cannot understand French, or even use google translate, but I recommend you listen to what our researchers say about it 

https://www.franceculture.fr/emissions/le-temps-du-debat/le-temps-du-debat-emission-du-lundi-28-decembre-2020

@Victornoir

Edited by Hi from France
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Histavia said:

except that the vaccine was invented and produced in the EU.

If your referring to the Pfizer–BioNTech that was developed in Germany and the USA

for other vaccines they have been developed in many countries outside the EU

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_vaccine#:~:text=On 2 December 2020%2C the,of any COVID‑19 vaccine.

12 minutes ago, tebee said:

She's seen how well Brexit is going and doesn't want to be connected to any French attempt to do the same.

Before Brexit she was an advocate for Frexit.

You are being slightly economical with the truth there tebee. She is hoping to destroy the EU from the inside. This is what Le Pen said.

"Europe is a 'prison'

Instead, the Rassemlement National wants to recreate the EU as an "alliance of nations." Le Pen says that she believes far-right politicians within the EU now have the power to "radically modify" Europe.

"Maybe Great Britain can rejoin us once we've built something where each nation conserves their freedom," she said.

She still considers Europe to be a "prison" even if a member can leave it."

"[Brexit] still took three years ... there was a real contempt for the people on the part of leaders of the European Union who barely hid wanting to make the divorce as difficult as possible," she said

https://www.euronews.com/2020/02/06/marine-le-pen-eu-has-more-to-lose-on-brexit-but-i-don-t-want-frexit

Edited by vogie

David Frost, who negotiated the Brexit deal on behalf of Boris Johnson, will no longer be given the plum role of national security adviser, government sources have confirmed.

Lord Frost’s appointment sparked a backlash from Conservatives including the former prime minister Theresa May because of his lack of relevant expertise.

Good thing, the guy's main quality was to be a Brexiteer and to like to humiliate the EU, that made him the idol of Brexiteers, but as a negociator, he was a rookie. 

.. And even more incompetent on national security. 

Again his best asset was to be a Brexiteer, while other competent FO high level diplomats were not.. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/29/brexit-negotiator-david-frost-pulled-away-from-national-security-role

His pugnacious style and flat rejection of anything more than a bare-bones Canada-style trade deal is regarded as crucial in shaping the eventual agreement.

The prime minister gave him a peerage last year.

As a result, the trade deal we are discussing here now is very bad for the UK, but I'm still not sure our Brexiteers are aware. 

If they could the UK government would renegue, like they did on the Withdrawal Agreement. 

Edited by Hi from France
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, tebee said:

She's seen how well Brexit is going and doesn't want to be connected to any French attempt to do the same.

We should thank the brexit for that ... unification got stronger ...???? except a few Eurosceptic mep's...who like stand in the light's for a moment ....

44 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The single reason that automatically addresses all other concerns, is sovereignty. Sovereignty means being governed by a British government elected by British people, at least every 5 years, which is loaned the power from the people to pass laws, set taxes, provide security and all decide other policies.

The EU does not represent the status quo that so many think it does and this is evident by the historical evolution and mutation of it. The only way that the EU can fully achieve its goals is by the creation of a single European state, which, for those of us who wish to preserve the existence of our own nation, is unacceptable. 

The only way that the EU can fully achieve its goals is by the creation of a single European state, which, for those of us who wish to preserve the existence of our own nation, is unacceptable. 

Sososo....so that is scary you all brexiteers so much ....hence the doomsday brainwashing efforts ...????????????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

Good thing, the guy's main quality was to be a Brexiteer and to like to humiliate the EU, that made him the idol of Brexiteers, but as a negociator, he was a rookie. 

.. And even more incompetent on national security. 

Again his best asset was to be a Brexiteer, while other competent FO high level diplomats were not.. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/29/brexit-negotiator-david-frost-pulled-away-from-national-security-role

As a result, the trade deal we are discussing here now is very bad for the UK, but I'm still not sure our Brexiteers are aware. 

If they could the UK government would renegue, like they did on the Withdrawal Agreement. 

Whow !! 134 pages and still at it, you miss Brexit don't you. ????

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Sovereignty means being governed by a British government elected by British people, at least every 5 years, which is loaned the power from the people to pass laws, set taxes, provide security and all decide other policies.

It's interesting to note that the only two policies you highlight (tax policy and security policy) are policies which are largely outside the scope of the EU.

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Loiner said:

No whinging here, unlike the ongoing Remainer moaning, just appalled at the EU pettiness. 

Contrary to pompous opinion and bitterness, UK is not significantly damaged and will go on to prosper.  

We've left the EU; that means we can't benefit from membership anymore!

What about that is it that you cannot understand?

If you truly believe that the UK "is not significantly damaged and will go on to prosper," why all the whinging about "EU pettiness" because they are now treating us like any other non member and not automatically letting us benefit from their rules and regulations?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tebee said:

Right! She quickly changed her tone after the Brexit referendum, when people were starting to realise what a mess it was going to be.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, transam said:

Nobody told me any lies about leaving the EU, all I wanted was for us to leave the future U.S. of G., that has been done.

No lies involved, so pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase stop your daft talk about what I wanted and lies

Go back and look at the Vote.Leave and other leave campaign material. 

I listed 10 of their lies earlier in this topic; as well.

Your post above shows that you fell for them; hook line and sinker.

Get behind your country instead of behind others,

Just because my, a UK resident, view of what is best for my country is different from yours, a Thai resident, does not mean I am not behind my country. That you repeatedly have to drag up such ridiculous accusations only proves your lack of the realities of Brexit for the average Brit.

Maybe you should move back to the country you profess to be behind and find out for yourself.

stay safe on our island fortress..... 

Mask.jpg.d1016e870061e01106cabfe4adb9527c.jpg

More lack of knowledge about life in the UK from the ex pat.

ation Cases Recovered Deaths
image.png.8babb61a08ef20545274c30d0c69a782.png
United States
25.8M
+165K
-
+3,862
image.png.3751c816657a79253b51f02e1c69bca4.png
India
10.7M
+18,855
10.4M
+20,746
+163
image.png.eeae6a09dfd1d758dae00e82817f759e.png
Brazil
9.06M
+61,811
7.98M
+15,337
+1,386
image.png.a2b13cddaa3b53fa1733f60d9a8d8c31.png
Russia
3.75M
+18,856
3.19M
+26,455
+562
image.png.cbcb82c2ea47dbff728f0a01fd735390.png
United Kingdom
3.74M
+28,680
-
+1,239
'+' shows new cases reported yesterday · Updated less than 2 hours ago·Sources: Wikipedia and 
others

·
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Phulublub said:

You may be fine doubling your fish intake (and changing the type of fish you eat).  I very much doubt the entire UK population would be as keen.  Or that that is what those who voted to leave intended.

I keep saying "you knew what you voted for" against all the posts made by Brexiteers that show that, actually, they voted for many and varied different reasons.  Some contradictory,  and some consequences not even considered or thought about...but sadly not even now acknowldged.

PH

Kingdong (your fellow Brexit traveller) has stated twice now that he (and therefore all Brexiteers as you all voted for the same thing) is entirely happy to double his fish intake, and to start eating types of fish previously exported.  So enjoy changing your eating habits..

I am not in the EU.

PH

Why do you keep posting your theories about why you think people voted in an election that happened three and a half years ago?its getting to the point of trolling now,turn it in.

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

The single reason that automatically addresses all other concerns, is sovereignty. Sovereignty means being governed by a British government elected by British people, at least every 5 years, which is loaned the power from the people to pass laws, set taxes, provide security and all decide other policies.

The three areas you have mentioned are all under the purview of the governments of individual member states; not the EU.

As are the vast majority of other areas of government and legislation.

The EU does not represent the status quo that so many think it does and this is evident by the historical evolution and mutation of it.

Evolution and mutation which has only happened with the unanimous approval of the members.

The only way that the EU can fully achieve its goals is by the creation of a single European state, which, for those of us who wish to preserve the existence of our own nation, is unacceptable. 

Go on, what are those goals which will lead to a European super state?

Real ones, this time; not your usual fantasies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

The three areas you have mentioned are all under the purview of the governments of individual member states; not the EU.

As are the vast majority of other areas of government and legislation.

Evolution and mutation which has only happened with the unanimous approval of the members.

Go on, what are those goals which will lead to a European super state?

Real ones, this time; not your usual fantasies.

Again, I would term the EU more of a Confederation - with a common regulatory and financial framework for the free flow of trade (services [including labour] and goods).  Ideally there would be more reforms to the governance, but then the UK was wary about that because it in itself would legitimize and may pave the way for a much deeper union. 

A Confederation is probably a better fit for the EU for the foreseeable future since each state has it's own language and customs etc (it's own distinct tribe), and it would take a long time with the free movement (and potentially the same media) to reduce the tribal boundaries where the EU becomes the identity enough for a super-state.

• Like 2