Thailand faces national lockdown by March if COVID-19 guidelines not followed: CCSA

Jonathan Fairfield

The sky is falling shut it all down now as long as LEEDS UNITED do not get relegated and I can still see the live games of Leeds the rest do not matter. We have got well stocked up again last week on food I do not drink much so no biggee there. All we need is food and internet. STAY SAFE ALL

On 12/26/2020 at 3:12 PM, RotBenz8888 said:

Why talk about March now? If this accelerates, lockdown has to be implemented much sooner. 

Don't worry it will be earlier.

32 provinces out of 73.. already have infections with only one SS in the red zone.

After new year this will escalate and force them to do something.

A week ago Nakhon Pathom [west of Bangkok] boasted only one infection, now we are told central Mueang, Nakhon Chaisri, Rai Khing,  Sam Phran, Bang Len, Don Tum and increasing, mostly from talat areas that have wet fish stalls all buying from Samut Sakhorn....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

It's all about priorities whose order you perhaps fail to fathom:

> First we pay our Chinese bosom buddies for those submarines (in the course of which we collect generous "commissions")

> Then we fly to the moon (for which we collect generous "commissions")

> And then we vaccinate

> Then we start building a bullet train line with the help of our Chinese bosom buddies (for which we collect generous "commissions")

> And then we vaccinate 

Prestige and face always come first, people always last. 

Totally correct.  Not a lot of "commissions" in a vaccine, sadly; so, dead last as a priority.

Edited by LarryLEB

3 minutes ago, whiteman said:

The sky is falling shut it all down now as long as LEEDS UNITED do not get relegated and I can still see the live games of Leeds the rest do not matter. We have got well stocked up again last week on food I do not drink much so no biggee there. All we need is food and internet. STAY SAFE ALL

Football and other sport is far from my mind ,togetter with self satisfactions. Will you be sharing some of your well stocked larder with those who are not so fortunate enough to get enough  food, or is it just for you.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, capriole said:

Someone would think that with thai govermement being the sidekick of the chinese they should have been already getting the chinese vaccine (see sinopharm) but for some reason (finances?) they choose not to do so. Here in Bahrain where I live the goverment already made the vaccine available to public (citizens and residents) free of charge, and since two days ago people now have the choice between the sinopharm or the pfizer vaccine. I already had my first dose (sinopharm)  on the 23rd Dec and waiting for the second one on the 13th Jan, haven't expireicend any side effects at all so far.  

perhaps a 3rd nut will grow after a few years?

Does anyone find it strange that, for most of the year since the pandemic began, Thailand recorded almost no cases. Now, suddenly, we are told of countless people coming over the border illegally, Thai and Burmese, and spreading the virus. Now, suddenly and in numbers. There were very few such instances that we were told of before, and now it's almost a tsunami. Why? What has happened? Has the border suddenly become more porous?

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 3:44 PM, keith101 said:

I think the Government is waiting to develop its own vaccine so they dont have to pay another country for theirs and while there is no deaths as of yet they will more than likely keep waiting .

"there is no deaths as of yet"

Have you been away on holiday to the Planet Zarcon?

On 12/26/2020 at 9:44 AM, keith101 said:

I think the Government is waiting to develop its own vaccine so they dont have to pay another country for theirs and while there is no deaths as of yet they will more than likely keep waiting .

Yeap..and after just their vaccine make tourists enter thailand.Typical thai style.Try to suck out our money,,again

20 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

They are waiting for the country to be completely flooded with cases it appears by waiting.  The numbers just keep expanding in many provinces now.

I don’t know what country you are from but so far the “ mass flood” you are referring to is unfortunately terrible but a mere fraction of the “flooding” happening in most other parts of the world which shows at least that the government takes this seriously. For those of us that live here we know that drastic measures will be taken swiftly if needed. Sad I cannot say that about all the countries.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2020 at 3:44 PM, keith101 said:

Well if they're planning to send a rocket to the moon, then I imagine making a covid vaccine will be easy peasy.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stigar said:

Yeap..and after just their vaccine make tourists enter thailand.Typical thai style.Try to suck out our money,,again

3 minutes ago, Donekys said:

My cousin has contracted tuberculosis here in thailand, a disease mostly associated with the poor and underprivileged, which he is. The disease is spread in the same way as Covid-19. My research has shown that approximately 120,000 people are infected with TB every year in thailand and approximately 12,000 die from the disease. The reaction at the hospital to his infection is far from impressive, even allowing visitors without extra precautions and keeping him in a hospital bed less than two meters from his neighbors on both sides. I feel i must make note of the imbalance of the reaction and action of the thai people and their government to these diseases.

You say your cousin is under the underprivileged. 

2 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Backtracking already? That's quick even for this place. Makes my decision to purchase a case each of 100 Pipers and Sang Som seem even wiser. Thailand, the land of backtracking.

In UK 100 papers is classed in the lower send of whisky . 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I see many posts here stating about the vaccines, the vaccine will need to be in operation for a minimum of 12 months so governments can see affects, side affects etc, Pfizer have already publicly announced they cannot guarantee a person who received the vaccine will not get covid 19 or transmit it. Since the UK started roll out many people have had minor and series side affects already. Now with the new strains of virus that just happened the vaccine they did create will likely have no affect on new strain, so all on here thinking as soon as they receive their vaccine its happy days on travel should think again

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jud Canada said:

I don’t know what country you are from but so far the “ mass flood” you are referring to is unfortunately terrible but a mere fraction of the “flooding” happening in most other parts of the world which shows at least that the government takes this seriously. For those of us that live here we know that drastic measures will be taken swiftly if needed. Sad I cannot say that about all the countries.

You obviously have not been around Thailand long enough to understand this Government if you believe 100% of what I posted. I have, and if they wanted to close the country down completely like they did back in March then they would.   Back then we were not seeing even the amount of cases that have developed over the last few days.  Additionally, it has now spread to over 33 provinces and will continue to spread.  If as they say they had such success with the closures, lockdowns, and curfews as they did before, then why wait until March and it has moved throughout the country.  If they were serious and sticking to the original plan they had why all of a sudden stop.  True they have now canceled gatherings, and New Years celebrations, but the damage has already been done by not stopping the Holiday travelers from heading outwards to the provinces and villages.  So tell me again Please why would I compare this current spread with any other country.  I have not and I do not care too.  All I care about is transparency, not hiding the total infected to save FACE, and to do what is necessary now instead of waiting.  Yes some of what I write is sarcastic in Nature such as the post you quoted, but then if you can see past your screen then maybe you need to really take a look around you.  Not sure if being a Newbie you are, or if you are a recycled former forum member who was bounced.  Good luck and stay safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1