Thailand faces national lockdown by March if COVID-19 guidelines not followed: CCSA

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, Miami007 said:

Where is the mounting evidence of a significant portion of recovered having ongoing complications?

My niece had it.. no symptoms, no problems after

Novak Djokovic had it and is playing tennis like before

NFL players, soccer players had it and are back on the field - you think they have permanent damage?

Sure, there are always some people who have long term effects. But that is the same for every other virus. Nobody who has pneumonia and recovers is running a marathon the next week- doesn't matter, if it is caused by covid, flu or bacterial.

If you have a severe illness and require hospitalization, you probably lose weight/ muscle, your lung function declines, you are at risk for blood clots. I was in a hospital for 10 days with a virus infection in 2019... then needed support walking for a week, then could walk a quarter mile for 2 weeks only without having to rest. About 2 months before I was able to start sports again at 40% of before.

By the time I reached 80% of normal, covid locked us down and gyms etc were closed, which set back recovery.

Out of 7.6 million active cases in the USA, 125,000 or about 2% require hospitalization.  Not the killer which causes people to drop dead in the streets

There is mounting evidence of severe long term effects from CV19.  Just because one person got it and is OK now means nothing.  Plus, we don't fully understand this virus yet.  But, the evidence for this is mounting.

https://www.vox.com/22166236/long-term-side-effects-covid-19-symptoms-heart-fatigue

The many strange long-term symptoms of Covid-19, explained

Long Covid “is a phenomenon that is really quite real and quite extensive,” Anthony Fauci said earlier this month.

As for how deadly CV19 is?  It's now the #1 cause of death in the US.  Where do you get your news?

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2774465

COVID-19 as the Leading Cause of Death in the United States

• Like 1

On 12/27/2020 at 4:07 AM, Fex Bluse said:

Maybe you are right. I think the Thais were exploring a vaccine based on chilis and fish sauce. 

Thai SpicyVac 

Typical as they refute everything the rest of the world does. "We foreigner, we no understand" ????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

There is mounting evidence of severe long term effects from CV19.  Just because one person got it and is OK now means nothing.  Plus, we don't fully understand this virus yet.  But, the evidence for this is mounting.

https://www.vox.com/22166236/long-term-side-effects-covid-19-symptoms-heart-fatigue

As for how deadly CV19 is?  It's now the #1 cause of death in the US.  Where do you get your news?

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2774465

Avg age of life expectency INCREASED in 2020 once again.  Meaning people lived longer than the year before, including US.

This also means that people are dying in their proper life cycle .  Only that the the blame of death has been shifted to reflect their marketing.

Covid is a scary disease, but not a shut down the world disease.  However it is now the most prolific and best friend of any governemnt in charge to do whatever they want, enact whatever they want, over their people.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Please bring the vaccine as soon as possible to Thailand. This will be much better financially for Thailand. If We go into full lockdown there will be many more casualties in the form of people who cannot survive with no income.

please, please get the vaccine and start to fight back that way - and save many poor people. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RickBradford said:

Did you actually read that linked article? It actually shows the opposite of what you claim - that Covid-19 is NOT the leading cause of death, even among people over 85, who die from heart disease at 2.5 times the rate of Covid-19 deaths.

"The Table shows that by October 2020 COVID-19 had become the third leading cause of death for persons aged 45 through 84 years and the second leading cause of death for those aged 85 years or older. Adults 45 years or older were more likely to die from COVID-19 during those months than from chronic lower respiratory disease, transport accidents (eg, motor vehicle fatalities), drug overdoses, suicide, or homicide. In contrast, for individuals younger than age 45 years, other causes of death, such as drug overdoses, suicide, transport accidents, cancer, and homicide exceeded those from COVID-19."

The shortage of knowledge about this virus is being made much worse across the globe by misinformation and hyperbole.

Is this better?  Jeez...calm down.  It may not be #1 overall for the entire year, but it will be darn close.  And as stated, actual numbers are higher.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-is-us-leading-cause-of-death-2020-12

• The coronavirus has surged to become the leading cause of death in the US again for the first time since spring.
  • The COVID-19 death rate in the US is equivalent to a new 9/11 every 1.2 days.
  •  

Since November 1, the virus has killed more people in the US than heart disease , cancer, chronic lower-respiratory disease, transport accidents, or suicide, according to an analysis published Thursday in the Journal of the American Medical Association.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Is this better?  Jeez...calm down.  It may not be #1 overall for the entire year, but it will be darn close

I'm making a simple request that you not post misleading information on a very contentious topic by citing articles that you haven't even read, and which turn out to say the opposite of what you are claiming.

In my estimation, the people who need to "calm down" are the Covid hysterics who are trying to portray this disease as being similar to the Great Plague.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

Bring it on. In the meantime Thais should seriously be questioning why their leaders have put them all at the back of the vaccination line.

They haven't, the drug companies have. The Thai government pre ordered the AZ vaccine which at the time, looked as though it would be first to market. However it hasn't yet been approved, so no supplies. A bit short sighted as a number of countries pre ordered several different vaccines, but not exactly negligent. There is huge demand for the 2 vaccines that have been authorised but you can't just go out and buy them. If you haven't pre ordered you go to the back of the queue. I believe that the situation will be eased if and when the AZ vaccine gets approved, they pre manufactured by far the biggest quantity of vaccine, have guaranteed a low cost of under $4 per shot and is far easier to distribute/store.

On 12/26/2020 at 3:34 PM, Flying Saucage said:

Well, how about starting vaccinations sooner? Even Mexico, Costa Rico and Chile started to vaccinate their people with the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine already. But in Thailand, there seems to be no pressure at all and no priority to do that. Very strange.

Could there be any better proof that an end of the crisis is not at all a top priority of the Thai government, for whatever reason? Were they told by China to wait for a Chinese vaccine maybe? Or to ruin the economy even more, to make it cheaper for Chinese investors? I mean, if even Mexico is able to get and distribute the vaccine in order to protect its people, why is Thailand not? 

Cost?? Not enough Farang living in thailand now to offset the cost to the underprivileged 

8 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

president of Pfizer won't even take the vaccination.  Tells me all I need to know. about taking it right now.

The PM and the Health Minister of Norway wont take it either, even though the PM is 60 and fat as a house. Way to go forward as an example, eh? Tells me everything too.

Edited by TommyL727
  • Like 2

As a side note...Norway reduced quarantine to 7 days today...if you test negative twice after arrival. Except if you come from the UK, then its still 10 days. Not getting my hopes up for Thailand doing that though...

Edited by TommyL727
  • Like 1

Well, how about starting vaccinations sooner? Even Mexico, Costa Rico and Chile started to vaccinate their people with the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine already. But in Thailand, there seems to be no pressure at all and no priority to do that. Very strange.

Could there be any better proof that an end of the crisis is not at all a top priority of the Thai government, for whatever reason? Were they told by China to wait for a Chinese vaccine maybe? Or to ruin the economy even more, to make it cheaper for Chinese investors? I mean, if even Mexico is able to get and distribute the vaccine in order to protect its people, why is Thailand not? 

i only counted 62 cases when adding up the different districts where they get 110 from 

Thailand is debating on how much money they going to charge foreigner to make up on the lost of tourist. This is why they taking so long. They know their people can’t afford to pay 4000 baht a shot. 

But all I have to say I’d God don’t like UGLY and Thailand share continue to weep. 

• Confused 1

On 12/27/2020 at 6:02 PM, stigar said:

Hello sir.I been living there since 1993..moved back to norway in 2007.I bougth 14 rai of land..built a house..bougth 2 cars.After 11 years marrige i lost it all.We have 2 kids together.My exwife and our kids stay in norway for the last 10 years.My new wife is a high-so lady with business in BKK and Korat.Totally doifferent mind then my exwife from Surin.Now she will move to norway and let her family take care her businesess.Her sister and brother is honest persons so shes not afraid.We will bring her daugther to norway too.Shes only 7 years old.I love her same i love my other 5 kids.

Far to many stories like this. I also have lost money here on a few small business ventures with Thai friends but thankfully not to your extent. What can one say but “ live and learn” 

Nice to hear you met a nice lady and are happy now. I also consider myself lucky with my wife. Smart, business minded and great sense of humor. As with the bad stories... there are the good ones also. Good luck and cheers!

On 12/27/2020 at 5:09 PM, Marcel woods said:

I see many posts here stating about the vaccines, the vaccine will need to be in operation for a minimum of 12 months so governments can see affects, side affects etc, Pfizer have already publicly announced they cannot guarantee a person who received the vaccine will not get covid 19 or transmit it. Since the UK started roll out many people have had minor and series side affects already. Now with the new strains of virus that just happened the vaccine they did create will likely have no affect on new strain, so all on here thinking as soon as they receive their vaccine its happy days on travel should think again

Apparently from the reading I have done they say that the recent evolution of the Covid strain first diagnosed in England ( which now is popping up in many other countries ) the current vaccine(s) are effective.... at this point. It is still so early in the global vaccine effort that many ( including the manufacturers) don’t really know what the future holds. And yes. It’s scary. 
I have read numerous articles stating Covid may never be fully eradicated ( like the flu) and may just become part of a global new normal addressed through updated vaccines annually. 

Pattaya is days away from a new lockdown.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/12/28/chonburi-announces-22-new-local-cases-of-covid-19-17-in-banglamung/

"Chonburi has announced 22 new cases of local transmissions of Covid –19 mid-afternoon today (December 28th).

Of the 22 confirmed cases are five in Mueang Chonburi district (Four males and one female) and 17 in Banglamung district (Eleven males and 6 females).

One more male person in the Nong Yai sub-district is waiting for final confirmation.

The total number of Chonburi confirmed cases in this new series of infections is now 24.

In theory, this number of cases would move Chonburi to a highly controlled status under the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration’s zoning policies. However, no official announcements have yet been made."

• Sad 1