Thailand faces national lockdown by March if COVID-19 guidelines not followed: CCSA

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, rupert the bear said:

pathetic and insulting from this incompetent corrupt govt,moons shots and submarines.the hiso s with zillions and then of course we had the mouth that promised the thai made vaccine. id laugh if it wasnt so pathetic.so buy some vaccines youve loads of money,shut up stop the boasting everyones laughing at your pathetic lies again,grow up and get on with it.

If you're talking about the tobacco related vaccine they mentioned a while back, that's real and it's not just Thailand who are working on it. Tobacco plants can be harnessed in ways you might not expect.

It works by accelerating the production of certain proteins in the plant. The global giants are way ahead here of course, British American Tobacco are on the job and have been for some time. It speeds up the production process by a lot.

Here's a link : https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/dec/16/british-american-tobacco-approval-test-covid-vaccine-humans

BAT said KBP had cloned a portion of the genetic sequence of coronavirus and developed a potential antigen, which is then inserted into tobacco plants for reproduction.

Our village is really on the ball.  They are so good they had a festival starting yesterday morning with a street dancing and drinking parade through the village  followed in the evening with malam dancing on stage with hundreds of people coming  from miles around.   

Not one mask was to be seen! 

I guess if there are no Burmese or dirty farang around they must feel safe??

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mister MXYZPTLK said:

Our supply will most likely come from China

The Vaccines are coming from Astra Zeneca who are going to partner with the Thais and build a manufacturing base inside Thailand for local production and onward distribution to the rest of the region.

This was put in place long ago during the advance preparations. They're not stupid, despite the actions of some of the 'leaders' there are bright minds at work on this problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/26/2020 at 8:30 AM, Milad said:

It's the truth. My English is much better than you <deleted> idiot, I've been a university lecturer/professor, who the hell are you? Seems like you haven't lived, studied or worked in Thailand to see and experience the reality. Whatever my country is, it's better than sh*thole you came out. Who are you to tell if Thailand needs me or not? you're a nobody bitch. You don't even owm your room, you don't own anything, so sit down and shut up until when you have lived here longterm like me and when you learn about Thailand. If you like Thailand a lot why it says "Jud Canada"? people like you can't even stay in Africa never mind in Canada <deleted>. 

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You obviously have not been around Thailand long enough to understand this Government if you believe 100% of what I posted. I have, and if they wanted to close the country down completely like they did back in March then they would.   Back then we were not seeing even the amount of cases that have developed over the last few days.  Additionally, it has now spread to over 33 provinces and will continue to spread.  If as they say they had such success with the closures, lockdowns, and curfews as they did before, then why wait until March and it has moved throughout the country.  If they were serious and sticking to the original plan they had why all of a sudden stop.  True they have now canceled gatherings, and New Years celebrations, but the damage has already been done by not stopping the Holiday travelers from heading outwards to the provinces and villages.  So tell me again Please why would I compare this current spread with any other country.  I have not and I do not care too.  All I care about is transparency, not hiding the total infected to save FACE, and to do what is necessary now instead of waiting.  Yes some of what I write is sarcastic in Nature such as the post you quoted, but then if you can see past your screen then maybe you need to really take a look around you.  Not sure if being a Newbie you are, or if you are a recycled former forum member who was bounced.  Good luck and stay safe.

I am not a former member but I have been coming to this country since 1982, many times , bought land here in 2001, got married in 2008 to a Thai and have lived here permanently for 10 years. I know this country well. 
 I agree that if they want to close it down they will. So what is your point. All I stated was that it seemed that you were making the current escalation in numbers like they were major alarm bells. Yes numbers going up is bad but compared with other countries fighting this issue Thailand at least seems to take it serious and generally act proactively. Do you think really that any foreigners in this site believe everything and will EVER get transparency that meets their expectations or preconceived notion of what the truth should be?
cheers

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Donekys said:

My cousin has contracted tuberculosis here in thailand, a disease mostly associated with the poor and underprivileged, which he is. The disease is spread in the same way as Covid-19. My research has shown that approximately 120,000 people are infected with TB every year in thailand and approximately 12,000 die from the disease. The reaction at the hospital to his infection is far from impressive, even allowing visitors without extra precautions and keeping him in a hospital bed less than two meters from his neighbors on both sides. I feel i must make note of the imbalance of the reaction and action of the thai people and their government to these diseases.

A friends Thai wife worked as a greeter for farang in a major hospital in one of the main provinces.  She somehow contracted TB but luckily recovered after a period of hospitalisation.  She could not prove 100% she contracted it at work so was forced to pay her own full  hospital bills.  She was also sacked from her job because she was considered a threat to others.  The strange thing was when he explained it to me I asked what special precautions did the hospital tell him to take?  None he said, they didnt want to talk to him nor suggest he also be tested??

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Backtracking already? That's quick even for this place. Makes my decision to purchase a case each of 100 Pipers and Sang Som seem even wiser. Thailand, the land of backtracking.

Wouldn;t get that in, say UK,woulf you? 

PM:  Cancelling Christmas would be a travesty.

Two days later

PM:  Christmas is cancelled. 

PH

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jud Canada said:

I am not a former member but I have been coming to this country since 1982, many times , bought land here in 2001, got married in 2008 to a Thai and have lived here permanently for 10 years. I know this country well. 
 I agree that if they want to close it down they will. So what is your point. All I stated was that it seemed that you were making the current escalation in numbers like they were major alarm bells. Yes numbers going up is bad but compared with other countries fighting this issue Thailand at least seems to take it serious and generally act proactively. Do you think really that any foreigners in this site believe everything and will EVER get transparency that meets their expectations or preconceived notion of what the truth should be?
cheers

Hello sir.I been living there since 1993..moved back to norway in 2007.I bougth 14 rai of land..built a house..bougth 2 cars.After 11 years marrige i lost it all.We have 2 kids together.My exwife and our kids stay in norway for the last 10 years.My new wife is a high-so lady with business in BKK and Korat.Totally doifferent mind then my exwife from Surin.Now she will move to norway and let her family take care her businesess.Her sister and brother is honest persons so shes not afraid.We will bring her daugther to norway too.Shes only 7 years old.I love her same i love my other 5 kids.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Muzzique said:

It's just revealing what we already knew. COVID has been raging through Thailand the same levels as other countries throughout 2020.

That is nonsense, as social media would have been all over it. If there had been 'the same levels as other countries' - whatever that means, as the number of cases has varied enormously from country to country - then we would certainly have heard about it. There are no secrets anymore, at least in countries where social media isn't banned and replaced by government-controlled sites. Which doesn't include Thailand, yet.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, stigar said:

Hello sir.I been living there since 1993..moved back to norway in 2007.I bougth 14 rai of land..built a house..bougth 2 cars.After 11 years marrige i lost it all.We have 2 kids together.My exwife and our kids stay in norway for the last 10 years.My new wife is a high-so lady with business in BKK and Korat.Totally doifferent mind then my exwife from Surin.Now she will move to norway and let her family take care her businesess.Her sister and brother is honest persons so shes not afraid.We will bring her daugther to norway too.Shes only 7 years old.I love her same i love my other 5 kids.

busy guy...

• Haha 1

Was saying they need to shut this thing down NOW while it is still manageable.

And that probably requires a lockdown as was done in March.

It should be done before the New Year parties really start spreading it.

Talking about March is ludicrous.

Thailand managed 6 months of no domestic cases and the internal society was normalized.

It is simply a fact that stopping it early is doable.

Stopping it late is virtually impossible.

A month long lockdown will do far less damage to the economy than months of viral spread.

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Looks like the provincial governors will be locking down their provinces when they decide it needs to be done. This is now spreading rapidly and the government does not have it under control as they said. Just look at Ratong now and the latest info is they are now in lockdown.  

Rayong or Ranong?

2 hours ago, Donekys said:

My cousin has contracted tuberculosis here in thailand, a disease mostly associated with the poor and underprivileged, which he is. The disease is spread in the same way as Covid-19. My research has shown that approximately 120,000 people are infected with TB every year in thailand and approximately 12,000 die from the disease. The reaction at the hospital to his infection is far from impressive, even allowing visitors without extra precautions and keeping him in a hospital bed less than two meters from his neighbors on both sides. I feel i must make note of the imbalance of the reaction and action of the thai people and their government to these diseases.

Unfortunately, I have experienced the same thing with my Thai brother in law which I  wrote about in an earlier post. My Thai wife was left to clean a blood spattered bathroom, when I questioned her she was completely nonchalant to the task in hand. Yet if it were  Covid  related no doubt she would have been prevented from doing so.

Brainwashing and blind ignorance comes to mind.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rayw said:

What I want to know is exactly WHY they are not immediately rolling out one of the tested and reliable safe vaccines like the Russian Sputnik V or one of the Chinese variants that are both produced as a duty of care at cost price not by big pharma for primariy greed and massive profits. 

Unlike the UK Oxford vaccine, the Sputnik V is available now I understand and i have heard that the going price worldwide is around US$8 a shot i.e. about 250 Baht. So let people choose to have this traditionally produced and safe reliable vaccine right now.  Sure I hear that they are producing the Oxford Astrazenica vaccine here under license but that it will not be generally available for many months yet and in the meantime whilst we patiently wait it will mean the risk of death or a nasty debilitating illness for many, especially those most vulnerable. 

With the new COVID 19 potential outbreak it is seriously URGENT that we get in stocks of the Russian and/or Chinese tested vaccines immediately and get it rolled out nationwide to the most vulnerable. Sure as a Falang I do not expect to get it free as Thai's should and I hear will do.  However, there is no need for anymore delay surely, and for us falangs who have to pay well hey what is 250 Baht to pretty reliably protect ones life from COVID19 with a vaccine from Russia or China that I for one fully trust. We should be able to buy or get free the needed shots right now, especially urgently those both Thais and Falangs who are in the most vulnerable groups.  So can anyone tell me why this is not immediately being put into effect by the Thai authorities so we can have one of these reliable duty of care, not big profits, produced CV19 vaccines right now ?? This can and I am sure will save lives so come on lets not waste anymore time as we cannnot and should not have to wait several more months when it can be made available right now. 

I, and I am sure most folk here, want to get my vaccine shots circulated right now and get this COVID19 nighmare put where it belongs way back in the nightmare past.

If China ever did produce a vaccine that was tested and approved to international standards they should make it available free as reparations for the enormous harm they have caused globally.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Percy P said:

Football and other sport is far from my mind ,togetter with self satisfactions. Will you be sharing some of your well stocked larder with those who are not so fortunate enough to get enough  food, or is it just for you.

agree, F football or any other ball....

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

Really? I am failing to see the overburden hospitals and trucks of body bags as seen in developed First World countries.

As of start of August the expect mortality rate in Thailand was 8.5% above normal as compared to the years between 2009 and 2019.

That equates to about 13000 more deaths than would be expected between March and the end of July.

Thailand’s mortality data is taken from the Thai Bureau of Registration Administration. 

Whilst this in itself does not prove those deaths are attributed to COVID, it's hard to find another reason for this large rise.

You can read more about this here

https://www.eastasiaforum.org/2020/08/06/lifting-the-veil-on-thailands-covid-19-success-story/

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, rayw said:

What I want to know is exactly WHY they are not immediately rolling out one of the tested and reliable safe vaccines like the Russian Sputnik V or one of the Chinese variants that are both produced as a duty of care at cost price not by big pharma for primariy greed and massive profits. 

The Sputnik vaccine hadn't even started stage 3 trials when it was released. Wouldn't get approval in any western country. There have been no substantive releases of data on the Chinese vaccine so same applies to them.

• Like 2

As usual so much negativity and anti-Thai sentiment in this blog. The The 'Oxford' AstraZenca vaccine is almost certainly going to be the one adopted by Thailand. Manufactured by AstraZenca (Thailand) Ltd , employing Thai workers, effective, efficient and significantly easier to distribute and administer in a Tropical country than the Pfizer Biontec vaccine ever could be.  I understand that this will be a great disappointment to your many American contributors. But considerably better for Thailand, other ASEAN and African (HOT / Tropical / Sub Tropical) nations. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Devlin said:

As usual so much negativity and anti-Thai sentiment in this blog. The The 'Oxford' AstraZenca vaccine is almost certainly going to be the one adopted by Thailand. Manufactured by AstraZenca (Thailand) Ltd , employing Thai workers, effective, efficient and significantly easier to distribute and administer in a Tropical country than the Pfizer Biontec vaccine ever could be.  I understand that this will be a great disappointment to your many American contributors. But considerably better for Thailand, other ASEAN and African (HOT / Tropical / Sub Tropical) nations. 

Not a disappointment at all. What is a disappointment is that Thailand's program appears to be on the slow side.

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not a disappointment at all. What is a disappointment is that Thailand's program appears to be on the slow side.

Exactly as it is at least being produced by traditional tried and tested methods and not for big pharma obscene profits either.  However as you say the delay is unacceptable especially when they could be saving potential loss of life by urgently rolling out the safe and reliable and available Sputnik V and/or Chinese variants right now to those most vulnerable.  These vaccines have as I understand it indeed passed stage three tests and are being rolled out elsewhere as approved vaccines in nations who are not pathetically and childishly anti Russian and Chinese.  Lets save lives and unecessary suffering and simply get on with it. 

I choose to have the Sputnik V vaccine now so please where can I get it here??  Anyone ??  Of course I am willing to pay the normal going price for it (about 250 to 300 Baht I understand). 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1