Cost? Who has shippped a bike from BKK to Chiang Rai

VocalNeal

19 hours ago, stubuzz said:

Bikes can be loaded onto a train. The post office also delivers.

I bought a japanese folding bike in Khon kaen and put it on train to Nong Khai and zipped over to Laos

Was cheap..they give you a ticket slip when I bought my train tix......short trip but was super easy

Chained it at laos border-thai side--got my thai visa ..jumped on bike-rode to bus--folded it up and put on bus to CM..unfolded it upon arrival to Cm and off it went.. taxi boys werent happy...like a big russian bear on a tiny bike

• Haha 1

On 12/28/2020 at 2:49 PM, stubuzz said:

Bikes can be loaded onto a train.

I looked in to this once , a few years ago ,but they wanted the bike log book, and sales receipt ,to prove it was not nicked in Bangkok and you are going to sell it in CM .before being allowed on the train .

Post office best bet ,but will they want the same as above ?.

4 hours ago, kickstart said:

I looked in to this once , a few years ago ,but they wanted the bike log book, and sales receipt ,to prove it was not nicked in Bangkok and you are going to sell it in CM .before being allowed on the train .

Post office best bet ,but will they want the same as above ?.

What is "bike log book"?

On 12/28/2020 at 12:49 AM, stubuzz said:

Bikes can be loaded onto a train. The post office also delivers.

Check with P.O. for costs.  I shipped a bike (Wave) from Kalasin to Kamala.  Cost about 4500. including getting boxed up.

• 1 month later...

Thai Post for sure. Cheap and convenient, they even wrap it up for you for a few hundred baht without receipt. Make sure that the ID you state as receiver matches the one fetching it or they won't release it.  No need to box it, just ask them wrap it up, they do a good job. You need to be able to prove that you are the owner when shipping it.

Edited by MikeyIdea