Android About Phone: information displayed

ravip

Almost on all Android phones, the About Phone  displays the phone number as 'unknown'.

Long time ago, I remember the Blackberry phone allowed to insert the phone number on to the SIM, so that the correct number is displayed, instead of 'unknown' - I have done this myself.

I know, this does not effect the phone/SIM performance. But is there any way to add the number into the SIM's  description?

Android Settings.jpg

Could it depend on the phone type? On my Samsung A8+ (2018),  the info is filled in (both SIM) and I don't remember having done anything about this. Each Sim has a name in the Sim card manager so it can not come from there. IMEI, serial number is also filled out in the "About" section

On 12/29/2020 at 6:35 AM, Swiss1960 said:

On my Samsung A8+ (2018),  the info is filled in (both SIM) and I don't remember having done anything about this.

On 12/29/2020 at 7:38 AM, aidenai said:

All info is there on my Samsung Note 9. 

Are yours both Thai Sims?  I seem to recall a recent discussion that it was the providers that mattered for this and it was country dependent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, treetops said:

Are yours both Thai Sims?  I seem to recall a recent discussion that it was the providers that mattered for this and it was country dependent.

One Sim from DTAC, one from Switzerland  (Swisscom)