Mall attack settled: Norwegian pays 30K to Thai lady shopper he kicked after trolley misunderstanding

webfact

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

She was running away with the trolley, even after being asked to stop running .

I do not kick woman off balance , but if a thief was running off with my belongings , I would try to stop them .

Once again, there is no proof that he kicked her again, after she'd wai'd .

I do not agree with violence  , but can understand people stopping a theft and using minimal force to do that .

Oh..running away (at full sprint?)-or walking away?

You are confabulating.

In any event the Norse kick boxer has had to cough up his 30,000 Baht and will,no doubt,think twice before assaulting somebody in the future..

(too many fantasy episodes of "Vikings".)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Odysseus123 said:

Oh..running away (at full sprint?)-or walking away?

You are confabulating.

In any event the Norse kick boxer has had to cough up his 30,000 Baht and will,no doubt,think twice before assaulting somebody in the future..

(too many fantasy episodes of "Vikings".)

Its been stated that she was running away , didnt say at what speed , but when people run away from a crime, they usually run as fast as they can .

BTW, did you get a dictionary for Christmas this year ?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

But why should he have to run at all? Why should he have to be completely calm under pressure whilst someone is inconveniencing him?

Why do you, for instance, feel the need to be muscle-bound? Does that mean that we all should be muscle bound and that you are the arbiter of all things normal.

I say it's fine that he kicked her up the posterior for stealing his trolley and running away. I might not have done it; but that doesn't mean that I have to condemn him for doing so. Perhaps it is you who needs to think about it.

I am just following common sense and the law. Your name suggests you might be Dutch. If so you would know that violence has to be proportional. We are talking about someone with a trolley. Someone who is unable to get away from someone on foot running. There is just no need to kick. 

Do you think she could magically move all the stuff from the trolley to a moving car. How do you envision her escape with a running guy next to her. Her abandoning it is the biggest chance ever (if she were a thief).

You feel that because she inconvenienced him it was ok to kick. Now that is why i think im less violent then you. 

Your bike case is different there you had to use violence to stop. This case was just not needed. No way (if she was a thief highly unlikely) she would have been able to get away move the stuff while running. No way. So no need for violence. Just run a bit grab the trolley and done. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Its been stated that she was running away , didnt say at what speed , but when people run away from a crime, they usually run as fast as they can .

BTW, did you get a dictionary for Christmas this year ?

You are still confabulating the "facts" as you continue to insist it was a "crime" without any facts and-even more pertinent-you insist that in your fact free existence-violence (committed twice) is therefore justified.

Once again he coughed up his 30,000 baht and,hopefully,will never physically attack a Thai woman ever again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

I am just following common sense and the law. Your name suggests you might be Dutch. If so you would know that violence has to be proportional. We are talking about someone with a trolley. Someone who is unable to get away from someone on foot running. There is just no need to kick. 

I dont know about you, but I can hardly run when I wear sandals/flip flops in Thailand .

Thai Females usually wear running shoes .

A Thai Female with running shoes would probably be able to run faster than a felang in flip flops , even if she was pushing a trolley 

I do think a kick/push is justifiable when used to stop a thief escaping  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

That you are looking for his side of the story to somehow justify his actions, suggests to me that your moral compass is in need of recalibration.

There is no justification for kicking a woman the way that he did, so stop looking for it; only a bully and a coward kicks a woman, and that’s exactly what this reprobate is. You’ve called this one incorrectly, and would be better served putting your hand up to that fact, rather than continuously diminishing your own credibility defending him.

Never said I was defending him, just stating I don't believe the entire story is being reported.

24 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

...and she will think twice about running off with someone's trolley.

Disgusting that he had to move away with his child to another province because someone STOLE HIS trolley.

Someone above me made the pertinent statement of only having"half a brain"..if he vacated provinces it was due to actual physical assault and the reputation gained thereby

Bye.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

You are kidding right?

Have you ever seen a supermarket trolley robber (Something unlikely to happen in Thailand)

coming with her car, her mother and her own trolley full of stuff already paid before commiting the theft ?

It doesn't make any sense when you think to it 1minute even if you have half of a brain.

What if the Family didnt have the money to buy enough shopping ?

Simple solution, take someone elses trolley and if we get caught, just say it was a mistake ?

Maybe the mother was part of it , maybe it was planned .

3 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

That you are looking for his side of the story to somehow justify his actions, suggests to me that your moral compass is in need of recalibration.

There is no justification for kicking a woman the way that he did, so stop looking for it; only a bully and a coward kicks a woman, and that’s exactly what this reprobate is. You’ve called this one incorrectly, and would be better served putting your hand up to that fact, rather than continuously diminishing your own credibility defending him.

And you can substantiate what she says is in fact true? For all I know she could have already had bruises on her legs. Why should I believe her? Where is her witness?

5 hours ago, cvs04 said:

Yes he had, you can't leave the Big C supermarket area and go to the KFC without first paying for your items.

Neither was I but according to the defendant he and his daughter were not allowed to have any say in the investigation whatsoever.  They did tell him he could go to court and challenge the plaintiffs claim but he would lose for sure and get 3 years in Jail.  The investigation was based soley on the statement made by the girl.

Now that I can believe ????

6 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

That’s what you’re claiming without providing evidence for your claim. Period. 

Again, lots of assertions without any evidence. 

Your right, I don't have any evidence of your level of intelligence. My mistake...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Keyboard warrior? 

No need to look for his side of the story, as someone already posted it; she was running away with his trolley.

I wholly disagree with your statement. This statement about never hitting a woman is oft repeating nonsense.

Not all women are helpless creatures, unable to defend themselves. I know a few that could make mincemeat out of most of the posters here.

Kicking a running thief up the butt doesn't seem to me to be the actions of a violent man; but a controlled response in a moving situation.

Some people are waaaaay too keen to be judgemental.

You are, of course, perfectly entitled to disagree with any statement that I make.

You are also perfectly entitled to think that it is acceptable to use physical violence against a woman; that is simply a matter for your own conscience.

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

Not kidding. He didn't have time to check if the thief came with her mum or whether she had a good job or whether she had more money than him. He reacted to someone running off with his trolley whilst he was busy with his daughter.

Another one with fake moral outrage....

If I find a burglar in my home, I don't stop to reason with them. 

If it were a small Thai man, would it be ok? What about a large Thai man?

There was a valid reason, she made away with his trolley. How far did he have to run to catch her? Remember when you are running, the adrenaline is also being produced. So a swift, short and sharp reaction is not abnormal. If he stood there a gave her a beating, we would all be appalled. 

Doesn't sound like that to me. Seems like an immediate reaction to a thief. I certainly don't see any misogynistic intent. But some despicable characters are really keen to use the 'woman' angle.

The man has a wife and child; who I am sure he loves with all of his heart. So stop this disgusting 'small lady' nonsense. He was dealing with a running thief...the fact that she was a woman has little to do with it.

A couple of points about your remarkable rant.

Firstly, how did you manage to draw a simile between this trolly incident and finding a burglar in your home ?

Secondly, trying to diminish another person’s view on violence against women by labeling it as “fake moral outrage” merely serves to confirm the extent of your acceptance of this cowardly act.

Lastly, when you resort to calling people who’s views don’t coincide with your own ‘despicable’ and their views ‘disgusting’ you simply devalue your own opinions. I don’t know where all your anger comes from, but it might be time to try applying a bit of management to it.

Your closing gambit is indeed a classic  ….. “the fact that she was a woman has little to do with it”  when in actual fact, it has absolutely everything to do with it   ¯\_()_/¯

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

You think it is reasonable to kick women-who are not offering you violence?

The facts as stated is that he accosted her,kicked her,then got a wai and kicked her again.

Which cost him 30,000 baht.

I think it is reasonable to kick someone who has stolen from you. The fact that it was a woman has little to do with it. The prisons are full of women too. 

This one grabbed a trolley without even calling her mum to see where she was....and then ran when challenged. A kick is entirely reasonable behaviour....and a wai means nothing. Now if she 'grapped' him(knelt before him and prostrated herself) and then he kicked her, that would be another story. But this is not the case. His belief is that she stole it and ran.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobinBKK said:

Your right, I don't have any evidence of your level of intelligence. My mistake...

Making personal insults to people merely demonstrates any lack of evidence of your own level of intelligence.

P.S. It should be you’re right, not your right; another one of your mistakes I guess ¯\_()_/¯

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Not kidding. He didn't have time to check if the thief came with her mum or whether she had a good job or whether she had more money than him. He reacted to someone running off with his trolley whilst he was busy with his daughter.

Another one with fake moral outrage....

If I find a burglar in my home, I don't stop to reason with them. 

If it were a small Thai man, would it be ok? What about a large Thai man?

There was a valid reason, she made away with his trolley. How far did he have to run to catch her? Remember when you are running, the adrenaline is also being produced. So a swift, short and sharp reaction is not abnormal. If he stood there a gave her a beating, we would all be appalled. 

Doesn't sound like that to me. Seems like an immediate reaction to a thief. I certainly don't see any misogynistic intent. But some despicable characters are really keen to use the 'woman' angle.

The man has a wife and child; who I am sure he loves with all of his heart. So stop this disgusting 'small lady' nonsense. He was dealing with a running thief...the fact that she was a woman has little to do with it.

Obviously you didin't understand my post

of course he had no any possibility to analyse all to see if it was a thief or not

i was talking about us, with all the elements given in the article, it was obvious

she wasn't a thief, but nevermind

just out of curiosity when was the last time in Thailand where a thief was complaining to

the police about someone catching him\her ?

I am afraid you don't live in Thailand, or at least you don't know the country very well

again nevermind

He was able to catch her quickly and quick her even more quickly

that means he was able to catch the trolley easily without quick the girl 2 times

this guy has an evident violence problem, and reading your previous posts you have

the same problem, so i am not really surprised by the fact you are defending him.

And unfortunately, judging by few others posts from others members, it seems you are not the only one 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Do you think she could magically move all the stuff from the trolley to a moving car. How do you envision her escape with a running guy next to her. Her abandoning it is the biggest chance ever (if she were a thief).

You feel that because she inconvenienced him it was ok to kick. Now that is why i think im less violent then you. 

Your bike case is different there you had to use violence to stop. This case was just not needed. No way (if she was a thief highly unlikely) she would have been able to get away move the stuff while running. No way. So no need for violence. Just run a bit grab the trolley and done. 

Even in the bike case, his action was not the most intelligent

if the thief had fallen under the taxi wheels and died

you can imagine the drama, all of this for a bike? 

When you use the violence as the answer for all the situations

one day or another it will end very badly

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

If a Thai guy 2 X my size obviously angry after me (For an unknow reason from my point of view at the moment)

start to run in my direction screaming something i don't understand, my first idea will be probably to run in 

the opposite direction as fast as i can, not to wait him and try to understand why he is angry, what he is

saying or if he is just drunk or a yaba user.

You can not explain\understand something is you are wounded or killed first

And i am not a small woman nor a coward, so I can perfectly understand her reaction

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Making personal insults to people merely demonstrates any lack of evidence of your own level of intelligence.

P.S. It should be you’re right, not your right; another one of your mistakes I guess ¯\_()_/¯

Not a mistake, it's called intentionally mocking "YOUR" personal insults. Go back and read "YOUR" own posts...

• Haha 1