2 addresses in one province - any issues with Immigration?

In 2021 it's likely the wife and I will look for a rental property in the same province we live now, mainly to be closer to hospitals, and civilization in general, restaurants, bars, shopping etc. We are currently in a small village in the wifes house but her family circumstances are likely to change, allowing us to spend more time out of the village.

I know that if we rented in another province we'd need to do a TM30 everytime we returned home (not really a problem) at the immigration office (we have had to do this for the last 3 years when taking a break), but within the province this is not required. If we go out of province it would be to a hotel who register our stay. Here we are talking about a 1 year rental, house or condo with a lease.

The goal is to be able to come and go as we wish without needing to register with the rental landlord every time, which would depend on having a supportive and available landlord. Do immigration even need to know about the second property?

I will ask the office on my next visit but was wondering what those of you have to do if you move between two properties?

Also, hope you all have a Happy 2021.

so long as you are registered in your main house, where you spend the majority your time, there should be no problem.  We have our main house in one Province, but spend time in two other locations, one in the same Province and one in the North.  No issues with immigration. 

Since the regulation for TM30 reporting was changed in June you do not need to one unless you change your registered address. The reporting if you stay in another province for more than 24 hours was eliminated in February.

Best to change your address to the rental property if that is where you will spending most of your time.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Since the regulation for TM30 reporting was changed in June you do not need to one unless you change your registered address. The reporting if you stay in another province for more than 24 hours was eliminated in February.

Best to change your address to the rental property if that is where you will spending most of your time.

Thanks

I still have to do a TM30 at my office even after the change. I ask every visit and the answer is always 'yes' you need to do a TM30. Just another office-dependant issue which I can live with.

The second home would be temporary for the length of the lease, so would prefer not to make it a permanent one, even though we'd probably be there 3 weeks out of 4.

Would the immigration even need to know about it? Would it help if the lease etc was in my wifes name?

8 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I still have to do a TM30 at my office even after the change. I ask every visit and the answer is always 'yes' you need to do a TM30. Just another office-dependant issue which I can live with.

Maybe you need to show them the new regulation.

Immigration Regulation For TM30 Reporting (Thai Text June 2020)1.14 MB · 44 downloads

8 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Would the immigration even need to know about it? Would it help if the lease etc was in my wifes name?

No need to tell them unless you need to apply for an extension and want to use it for it.

It does no matter whose name the lease is in. Just be sure you get a copy of the owners house book and ID card in case you need them.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Maybe you need to show them the new regulation.

Immigration Regulation For TM30 Reporting (Thai Text June 2020)1.14 MB · 44 downloads

No need to tell them unless you need to apply for an extension and want to use it for it.

It does no matter whose name the lease is in. Just be sure you get a copy of the owners house book and ID card in case you need them.

Thanks but I do not want to be confrontational, they are an easy office to deal with and I don't want to jeoprdise that by correcting them. My last 2 annual retirement extensions took 30 minutes in and out.

It does look like if I stay in-province there would be minimal difficulties. Good advice on the rental I will make sure I get the owners details before I sign anything.

Thanks

Archived