Thailand reports 194 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

25 minutes ago, rabas said:

In addition to the article admitting it was all wrong about antibody tests, which was completely removed ....

-- The paragraph does not support your claim 5x 10x.

-- PCR testing does find asymptomatic cases, thus not relevant.

-- Worldwide the accepted level of true asymptomatic cases is about 17% to 20%.

https://www.business-standard.com/article/international/wuhan-s-covid-cases-may-have-been-10-times-higher-study-shows-120122900780_1.html

https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-india-total-cases-actual-count-10-times-bigger-over-60-million-1535259

No reason to think the same could not be true here....

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

read the last 2 paragraphs...there are many more articles like this where they say the same thing.

The article also mentions they did 100,000 tests. I wonder if that is since the seafood market outbreak, because if so it's an extremely small amount of tests each day. 

15 minutes ago, anchadian said:
Let's not forget Rayong

·
1h

The police commander of Chon Buri has been abruptly removed from his post for alleged gross negligence in allowing illegal gambling dens to operate, which are being blamed for the COVID-19 outbreak in the province.

Removed, forgotten about already and now waiting on his next posting. 

3 minutes ago, Virt said:

The article also mentions they did 100,000 tests. I wonder if that is since the seafood market outbreak, because if so it's an extremely small amount of tests each day. 

From what I remember, Thailand was only making some 100k tests per month here!  But I did read they did about 40k at the seafood market.  Who knows.  The news is difficult here....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not making sense with the numbers, you would expect an exponential growth.  This appears just like the first mini wave we had.  The numbers can not be right, or are they not including all again.

If they are indeed effectively contact tracing, testing and isolating, then we would not expect exponential growth.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bubba said:

If they are indeed effectively contact tracing, testing and isolating, then we would not expect exponential growth.

How can you track and trace when the floodgates were opened and travel allowed outwards for the holidays to the provinces.  The answer is you can't and they know it is futile.  Game on folks 

• Like 2

Victoria, Australia with a population of 6.359 million have conducted over 3,000,000 tests since this started. Once again Thailand is not mass testing so these numbers are rubbish. They are only getting these numbers from presentations and tracing from there, apart from the Burmese in Samut Sakhon and that might only be amphur muang but i'm not sure. It is a snapshot. Samut Sakhon which was locked down until the 4th is now locked down until the 15th.

• Like 1

CCSA announces 194 new Covid-19 cases, 181 contracted locally

By THE NATION

800_798abb620ecf47e.jpg?v=1609399223

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) on Thursday announced 194 confirmed cases, 181 of which were contracted locally.

Of the local cases, 172 were Thai nationals and the remaining nine migrant workers living in the country.

Of the 172 Thai patients, 77 are in Rayong, 20 in Samut Sakhon, 19 in Bangkok, 12 in Nonthaburi, seven in Samut Prakan, five each in Tak and Chanthaburi, three in Trat, two in Ratchaburi, 16 in Chonburi and one each in Mahasarakham, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Nong Khai, Pathum Thani, Kanchanaburi and Chachoengsao.

Of the nine migrants, eight are in Samut Sakhon and one in Nonthaburi.

Among the 55 provinces with Covid-19 cases in the new wave, the highest number of patients are in Samut Sakhon (1,634), followed by Rayong (202), Chonburi (144), Bangkok (125), and 58 each in Nakhon Pathom and Nonthaburi.

Meanwhile, the remaining 13 cases in state quarantine facilities included four Thais and nine foreigners. Of the Thais, two have returned from Turkey, one from Russia and one from the United Arab Emirates. The nine foreigners comprised one each from Hong Kong, Canada, Britain, Bangladesh, Indonesia, South Korea, Japan and Kuwait, as well as an Italian national from the UAE.

The total number of confirmed cases in Thailand has risen to 6,884 – 4,862 of which were contracted domestically, comprising 1,392 migrant workers, and 2,015 returnees. So far, 4,240 have recovered and been discharged, while 61 people have died.

According to Worldometer, as of 10am on Thursday, the total number of confirmed cases globally had risen to 83.06 million (up by 719,174), 58.86 million have recovered, 24.20 million are active cases (106,616 in severe condition) and 1.81 million have died (up by 14,478).

Thailand ranks 139 in the global list of most cases, while the US tops the ranking with 20.21 million, followed by India 10.26 million, Brazil 7.61 million, Russia 3.13 million and France 2.6 million.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400524

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-31

3 minutes ago, Pla nin said:

It's really not worth having lock downs in my opinion opinion. 

It hasn't worked anywhere as far as i know,  i could be wrong but it seems to me that you've got more chance of winning the Lottery than preventing the spread of the Corona virus through isolation It's  been tried all over the world without success all it has achieved in my opinion is poor people getting poorer 

Chonburi 108 cases yesterday. 16 cases today. Who says lockdowns don't work? 555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pla nin said:

It's really not worth having lock downs in my opinion opinion. 

It hasn't worked anywhere as far as i know,  i could be wrong but it seems to me that you've got more chance of winning the Lottery than preventing the spread of the Corona virus through isolation It's  been tried all over the world without success all it has achieved in my opinion is poor people getting poorer 

Seasonal flu has been greatly reduced worldwide. So, how about COVID if no measures had been taken?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, polpott said:

Chonburi 108 cases yesterday. 16 cases today. Who says lockdowns don't work? 555

I understand what your saying, but in the long term it can only postpone the inevitable I'm in the UK at the moment we got locked down for month's earlier in the year and look at what good it has done us . 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Victoria, Australia with a population of 6.359 million have conducted over 3,000,000 tests since this started. Once again Thailand is not mass testing so these numbers are rubbish. They are only getting these numbers from presentations and tracing from there, apart from the Burmese in Samut Sakhon and that might only be amphur muang but i'm not sure. It is a snapshot. Samut Sakhon which was locked down until the 4th is now locked down until the 15th.

So Taiwan is also rubbish?

image.png.a273131a95ec172deb446bd1f1bad445.png

Note data only to Dec 18.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 2long said:

We all know that 

- one part of the government has no clue what the other is doing

- they make stuff up

- they lie

- they have to save face and never admit having lied

It's just numbers, none of which I believe.

The entiry crew of brassed dinos must get ou. Now ! 

Completely useles wannabes on a payroll others dream of.

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not making sense with the numbers, you would expect an exponential growth.  This appears just like the first mini wave we had.  The numbers can not be right, or are they 

No testing equals no infections 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

I don't care how many times the PM heard this.  You could have had a vaccine by now and nothing has been done.  To me this is dereliction of duty.   A vaccine now would have the country fully open in less then a year.  But to keep hoping cases go down on their own is not going to work.  I think Thailand needs new leadership

even starting vaccine now : it will not stop 2nd wave . Cannot vaccine 67 millions people in 1 week . What about UK,France, same number of people? the wave is maximum in UK and close with 1/2 confinement in FR ...and How about USA: 4000 dead people yesterday... There are many problems with the different kind of vaccin that many  governements are not ready to use AND many people who dont believe in...it's a long debate, isn't it? so don't be so strict for one country which is not yours !

Also what do you say about : TH needs new leadership? what do you know about what PM did for HIS country since he is PM? Thai people have chosen a man with no corruption , not political, thats why they love Him. So let them chose and be welcome if you come here !

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not making sense with the numbers, you would expect an exponential growth.  This appears just like the first mini wave we had.  The numbers can not be right, or are they not including all again.

Probably go down over the next days and then the government will say "look our measures implemented worked", exactly what happened in march/April. Miracle reduction after 3-4 days of lockdown.

1 hour ago, rabas said:

So Taiwan is also rubbish?

image.png.a273131a95ec172deb446bd1f1bad445.png

Note data only to Dec 18.

Taiwan closed their borders immidiately. They were the first country to do so. Mass mask wearing. Got on top of it quickly. Guess they didn't need mass testing. Tawain is also very SMALL.

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Or they stopped testing over the Christmas period ! The growth will probably start exponentially about 3rd or 4th

they got nothing to do with "Christmas period", these are normal calender days in TH

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Pla nin said:

I understand what your saying, but in the long term it can only postpone the inevitable I'm in the UK at the moment we got locked down for month's earlier in the year and look at what good it has done us . 

You were also riding around on public transport without masks, a PM that said it's only the flu, mass gatherings etc. The horse had bolted.