Thailand reports 194 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

Just read a report that the Samut Sakhon Governor is now on a ventilator.  This looks to me to be more serious than the reports they have been actually giving out.  It would be nice to know how busy the hospitals, and field hospitals are.  God speed and healing for all those infected. Kanchanaburi now has their first case as well.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Or they stopped testing over the Christmas period ! The growth will probably start exponentially about 3rd or 4th

Why would the government or hospitals do that? Christmas is not a holiday. All public health activities carried on as usual last week.

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Taiwan closed their borders immidiately. They were the first country to do so. Mass mask wearing. Got on top of it quickly. Guess they didn't need mass testing. Tawain is also very SMALL.

BINGO, Taiwan didn't mass test because they had few cases, like Thailand.

The graph is PER CAPITA, so Thailand tested more per capita than Taiwan.

The first ever case diagnosed outside China entered Thailand Jan 8.  Found at the airport because Thailand was already screening passengers. Thailand confirmed it was SARS2 hours after China/WHO confirmed SARS2 to the world. Thailand had already sequenced the genome before China released it. They were first to do so.

The first confirmed case in Taiwan was January 21.

5 minutes ago, rabas said:

BINGO, Taiwan didn't mass test because they had few cases, like Thailand.

The graph is PER CAPITA, so Thailand tested more per capita than Taiwan.

The first ever case diagnosed outside China entered Thailand Jan 8.  Found at the airport because Thailand was already screening passengers. Thailand confirmed it was SARS2 hours after China/WHO confirmed SARS2 to the world. Thailand had already sequenced the genome before China released it. They were first to do so.

The first confirmed case in Taiwan was January 21.

I was working in Taiwan recently, completely open, bars and restaurants just like nothing's happened...... 

6 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

I don't care how many times the PM heard this.  You could have had a vaccine by now and nothing has been done.  To me this is dereliction of duty.   A vaccine now would have the country fully open in less then a year.  But to keep hoping cases go down on their own is not going to work.  I think Thailand needs new leadership.

There are Vaccines available but they Are Not Approved by Thailand . Why?  

They will only approve the vaccine that they make in thailand so they can make THb billions. :jap:

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, digger70 said:

They will only approve the vaccine that they make in thailand so they can make THb billions. :jap:

No emergency approval in Australia ! why?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not making sense with the numbers, you would expect an exponential growth.  This appears just like the first mini wave we had.  The numbers can not be right, or are they not including all again.

Does it really matter how accurate the figures are, 100% out and it is is still penny numbers.  A few days ago there were hardly any patients at the hospital, far less covid patients.

Why can't people keep things in perspective.

There were 50,000 positive cases reported across the UK for the second day running on Wednesday, with figures showing London – now the centre of the crisis – with 5,524 patients in hospital, more than its first-wave peak in April.  

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-london-kent-evacuated-beds-hospitals-staffing-b1780570.html?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=INDNEWS%2331122020&utm_term=IND_Headlines_Masterlist_CDP

15 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Garbage, the vaccine that was first approved in the west is not suitable for use in this climate.

The vaccine that Thailand has an agreement to manufacture was only approved in the UK 2 days ago, try using a bit of grey matter.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I reckon that the numbers are going to increase dramatically in Pattaya within the next few days. As I suspected, the Bangkok multitude has now descended for their normal seaside New Year holiday and according to what I've heard, the Silverlake restaurants, at least,  are all chocker. As I type, I can hear bass-heavy music coming from a couple of directions, so it appears that parties are happening, despite the local directive on gatherings. Makes you wonder why you bother making an effort to conform.

You must be in a different Pattaya to me..!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I reckon that the numbers are going to increase dramatically in Pattaya within the next few days. As I suspected, the Bangkok multitude has now descended for their normal seaside New Year holiday and according to what I've heard, the Silverlake restaurants, at least,  are all chocker. As I type, I can hear bass-heavy music coming from a couple of directions, so it appears that parties are happening, despite the local directive on gatherings. Makes you wonder why you bother making an effort to conform.

Hooters on Beach Rd / Soi Yamato is wide open for business, people being seated, DJ sound checked and ready, meanwhile all the small places are closed

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Or they stopped testing over the Christmas period ! The growth will probably start exponentially about 3rd or 4th

It will now they have let people travel outside of their province to visit families in Isaan. In our “low risk” province they’ve closed all the bars and can only buy alcohol between 11am -2pm. How will this stem the increase? Typical Thai logic ‘shut the stable door once the horse has bolted’. ????

Seriously , is anybody deluded enough to believe any figures chucked out by this administration ? We’ve had stats for road traffic deaths , mortality rates in the south due to the insurgency , tourist arrival numbers , projected tourism numbers and their likely spend patterns ( when there was such a thing ) etc.

Factor in the lack of a viable testing programme and you’re throwing darts in the dark.

I think the numbers are greatly understated and it’s noticeable they’re on the rise during the cooler season which ties in with patterns around the world.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

To me that is exactly what all governments around the world do.

But the governments around the world are real governments, with brains and university educations,  voted in by the people, while Thailands "government" was taken over by a bunch of soldiers in from their barracks and parade grounds, with mostly poor educations in comparison.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not making sense with the numbers, you would expect an exponential growth.  This appears just like the first mini wave we had.  The numbers can not be right, or are they not including all again.

You can see the testing numbers online, they are still not testing much. 

3 hours ago, Krankies fan club said:

Seriously , is anybody deluded enough to believe any figures chucked out by this administration ? We’ve had stats for road traffic deaths , mortality rates in the south due to the insurgency , tourist arrival numbers , projected tourism numbers and their likely spend patterns ( when there was such a thing ) etc.

Factor in the lack of a viable testing programme and you’re throwing darts in the dark.

I think the numbers are greatly understated and it’s noticeable they’re on the rise during the cooler season which ties in with patterns around the world.

The World Health Organization claims Thailand underreports their road casualties by at least 30%. 

With that in mind, you can’t trust their numbers on anything.

11 hours ago, DavisH said:

Thais don't celebrate Christmas. Just look at the dip in the US numbers on Xmas day. There were considerably lower. 

Thai numbers may be low for the next few days but may increase in the new year as people return back to work. 

Thais don't celebrate Christmas ?

6 hours ago, Baggy said:

Nobody has asked "how many tests actually conducted  in Thailand?

All of that is online and updated daily. They are still not testing a lot, 17k tests per 1 million people.

Compared to countries of similar population size, they are testing 800k and 500k per 1 million.

Even Myanmar is testing double the amount that Thailand is at 33k per 1 million, which says a lot because they have one of the worst health care systems in the entire world.

This has always been the case when Thailand. No tests, no problem.

But where are the deaths? Says everyone who doesn’t know how to search for data.

There are so many countries with a lot of infections that have low death rates. You can scroll through the data, one country after the other, all with low deaths but plenty of infections. Regional examplesj would be Singapore with 59k infections and 29 deaths, Sri Lanka 43k and 199 deaths, and Malaysia 100k with 460 deaths. 

When this is all over, look at Thailand’s excess deaths. These are deaths beyond what the predicted deaths are for any one year. They probably won’t count those in the mountains or tiny villages where people die at home and get burned locally, but it will count many who did make it to he hospital. You’ll then see all the deaths that were above and beyond the normal and were probably COVID19 related.

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

It would be useful to know how many tests they have conducted, out of which they are extracting the cases.....

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bimmerbob said:

It would be useful to know how many tests they have conducted, out of which they are extracting the cases.....

Thailand has performed around 200,000 tests in the past 5 months.  Compared to everyone else, that’s shockingly low. 

They test 17k per 1 million people. 

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ya Think, really.  Of course many do as well think he needs to go.....

His boys made this second mess allowing working girls to cross back to Thailand from Tachilek, and god knows who else. Then allowing Myanmar workers to cross for money. 

The fishing magnates thinking cheap labour was ok for their greedy selves. 

They have been in trouble for the exploitation of the Myanmar workers for a long time, now they have been allowed to reek havoc upon the country. 

Not only this havoc, but what about the costs to Thailand. 

Will those responsible for this have to pay, I do not think so. 

A disgrace orchestrated under the watch of General Prayut. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

I don't care how many times the PM heard this.  You could have had a vaccine by now and nothing has been done.  To me this is dereliction of duty.   A vaccine now would have the country fully open in less then a year.  But to keep hoping cases go down on their own is not going to work.  I think Thailand needs new leadership.

Thailand like many other countries are holding off to see if there are any major side effects, Australia will be starting vaccinating March 1 st. 

3 hours ago, AmySeeker said:

It's all over. Like Malaysia the reality is probably thousands of cases a day. Difference in Malaysia they are actively testing people. 

I agree.

This virus has shown in country after country that it is difficult to contain once it starts, and start it has.

Thailand is no different than anywhere else.  And I'm looking at the numbers go up day after day.