What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

On 5/1/2021 at 7:24 AM, giddyup said:

Mosquito Coast. Enjoyed the first two episodes of this immensely, one of the best starts to a TV series I've seen in a long time. 8/10 from me.

100% agree! When it opened I was not sure but soon I got in to it and was sad I could not watch more by the end of 2nd episode. Gripping start to a series.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CLW said:

Watched "Operation Final" yesterday on Netflix. It's about the kidnapping of a Nazi figure from Chile by the Israeli secret service in the 60s.

Not Argentina?........... was it a fiction or Doco CLW........

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Not Argentina?........... was it a fiction or Doco CLW........

Sorry, Argentina. You are correct. It's a movie based on real events. No classic documentary.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CLW said:

Sorry, Argentina. You are correct. It's a movie based on real events. No classic documentary.

Oh yer Adolf Eichmann, I remember watching the trial...they televised it to 37 countries. There was quite a good movie made about that..the arguments the producer and his partner had over it...good acting

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4163668/

• Like 1

Killing Escobar-----4-May--Doco

The Blurb---In 1989, McAleese and his friend Dave Tomkins were hired by a Colombian drug cartel to undertake a mission to kill the world’s biggest cocaine dealer, Pablo Escobar. In Colombia, he gathered a select team of ex-Special Forces operatives and began training for a lightning raid on Escobar’s Hacienda. After 11 weeks of intense preparation, the men launched the operation which ultimately led to disaster and would have a devastating effect on McAleese and others. With unprecedented access to Peter and other members of his team, this is the first full account of that fateful mission and the dark consequences for those involved. With full access to McAleese’s personal archive, as well as never-before-seen amateur footage of the operation, Killing Escobar weaves this material alongside dramatic reconstruction and interviews from McAleese and his fellow mercenaries. We also hear from one of Pablo  Escobar’s bodyguards, members of America’s DEA and the security chief of the Colombian drug cartel that wanted Escobar eliminated.

• Like 1

Really worth a second look, or if you missed it 1st time round don't miss it again. Great movie suitable for the whole family:-

War Horse (2011)    (Steven Spielberg)

On the outbreak of the First World War, Albert's beloved horse 'Joey' is sold to the Cavalry by his Father. After being sent to France, in a bid to survive, Joey has an unexpected journey across war torn Europe. Albert enlists in the British Army, and is wounded during the Battle of the Somme. Whilst recovering in Hospital, he learns of a Horse, found in no mans land.

Available usual places also on 1337x small filesize (989.2mb) and English subs.

<snip>

1690207862_WarHorse!.jpg.685a75be4616d3154c4de87e77dfe688.jpg

Edited by Jai Dee
Link to file sharing website removed as per Forum Rules
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Danny Boy --- 12th May---BBC2-- factual drama

In war--When is it correct to kill someone .

Bafta winner Robert Jones (Murder, Party Animals) has written the script. Commenting on translating the factual story to the screen, he said: “Here’s a man who won a medal for valour, but whose toughest test was the scrutiny that followed.

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Pact----BBC 6 part Crime drama...17th May....All episodes on I player same day.

The female-led crime thriller tells the story of four women, who work together at a brewery. They enter a pact of silence after their young boss is found dead, with Anna’s police officer husband Max completely unaware that his wife is linked to the case as he investigates the shocking death. Meanwhile, one of the women’s colleagues, begins to suspect her co-workers.

aaa.png

Edited by sanuk711
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, canthai55 said:

The Guardian of Cherry Trees

NHK

????

I use to be a Medium................................

...........now I'm an XL

Is That a movie?...TV program canthai55 ?..... I do not seem to pick it up in IMDB.