What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

A new series of Innocent has just started.

Summary: DCI Mike Braithwaite reinvestigates the murder of 16-year-old schoolboy Matthew Taylor in the Lake District five years previously when the teacher convicted of killing him is found not guilty on appeal and released from prison.

https://entertainment-focus.com/2021/05/06/innocent-watch-the-trailer-for-the-second-series-of-itvs-drama/
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Will27 said:

A new series of Innocent has just started.

Summary: DCI Mike Braithwaite reinvestigates the murder of 16-year-old schoolboy Matthew Taylor in the Lake District five years previously when the teacher convicted of killing him is found not guilty on appeal and released from prison.

I think That's the old series Will27---3 years ago..... the new one is

When Matty is found dead, brutally stabbed with a broken cider bottle, suspicion falls upon teacher Sally Wright (Katherine Kelly) who had admitted to taking special interest in the boy. In spite of having no criminal record, no history of violence and vehemently protesting her innocence and the fact she couldn’t be placed at the remote beauty spot on the day Matty was found murdered, Sally was convicted by a majority verdict and sentenced to a minimum of 15 years in jail.

The new four-part series opens with Sally in the dock of Carlisle Crown Court,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

When Matty is found dead, brutally stabbed with a broken cider bottle, suspicion falls upon teacher Sally Wright (Katherine Kelly) who had admitted to taking special interest in the boy. In spite of having no criminal record, no history of violence and vehemently protesting her innocence and the fact she couldn’t be placed at the remote beauty spot on the day Matty was found murdered, Sally was convicted by a majority verdict and sentenced to a minimum of 15 years in jail.

So is it a true story???

3 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Oops

Old summary but new trailer.

The new four-part series opens with Sally in the dock of Carlisle Crown Court, steely and determined to prove her innocence and that she’s been the victim of a terrible miscarriage of justice. As she waits for the jury to deliver on her appeal, Sally contemplates how she’s lost everything she holds dear. Her relationship, home and marriage to Probation Officer, Sam, her job as Head of English at a local comprehensive, her status and good name in the community, and personal contact with her aging mother who now lives in a care home.

Edited by Will27

On 5/11/2021 at 1:41 PM, giddyup said:

For those who like their humour a little off-beat, Season 6, Episode 1 of Inside No.9 is available on 1337X, probably other places as well.

You should check out “ Psychoville “ from the same writers and some of the same characters.

The only difference being there’s an ongoing story throughout the series.

I watched it on fmovies but worth searching for if you use another platform.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With so much at least good content out there, sometimes it's tempting to dump a t.v. series that doesn't completely hook you in the first episodes. For me Aranyelet was one of those. I was lukewarm for much of the first season, but something told me to keep watching. I'm so glad I did. It really, really gets much much better and for me became must see TV. Three seasons. 

Aranyélet (TV Series 2015–2018) - IMDb

A bit of a teaser more for people that have watched it already: KOH SAMUI.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

With so much at least good content out there, sometimes it's tempting to dump a t.v. series that doesn't completely hook you in the first episodes. For me Aranyelet was one of those. I was lukewarm for much of the first season, but something told me to keep watching. I'm so glad I did. It really, really gets much much better and for me became must see TV. Three seasons. 

Aranyélet (TV Series 2015–2018) - IMDb

A bit of a teaser more for people that have watched it already: KOH SAMUI.

A terrific show.

Justifies it's really high rating on IMDB.

• Like 1

Extra Life A Short History of Living Longer...BBC 4  Doco 4 parts 2 out now.

4 Part Doco-- about how different Medical breakthroughs  have increased (and nearly doubled the life span) 

1/ The story of how the smallpox vaccine was developed, from the groundbreaking practice of variolation to US president Thomas Jefferson’s clinical trials, the opposition of early 19th-century anti-vaxxers and the eventual global eradication of the disease through the World Health Organisation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Panorama---Doco BBC 1

For the past year Panorama has been secretly filming with Kent police as they try to disrupt the ‘county lines’ that transport millions of pounds of drugs from London to towns across their county. With an estimated 1,000 county lines operating across the UK, criminals have increasingly turned to children and the vulnerable to carry out the risky job of distributing drugs. Despite months of lockdown, the illegal trade in class A drugs has flourished. Panorama films drug deals openly taking place on the streets, with police involved in a game of cat and mouse to pick off the street dealers while building the intelligence and evidence to go after those that supply them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, TooBigToFit said:

Another one that is in the torrents: The Final Countdown (1980) A Modern aircraft carrier goes through time warp to days just prior to Japanese Attack on Pearl harbor.

And  one that's supposedly a blatant rip-off of the above

Flight World War II (2015)     both on my download list  for watching later.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Just watching Darkness those who kill ,it Swedish with subtitles ,its very good and be prepared for a very big shock early on in the series.

Yes, i liked that one, it was pretty dark. I tried to watch S02 but the timings didn’t match the video, so waiting for an updated release.

Im currently halfway through The Pakt S01.

Another dark one from HBO Poland from 2015, a remake of the Norwegian Mammon apparently.

I was under the impression that spiral - from the book of saw had a digital release this week and would appear, maybe for the weekend, to keep the missus occupied for an hour or so.

22 hours ago, bubblegum said:

it has an English title, golden life, or the golden life - let me know if you are struggling to find it, I have all three series. It’s said it’s like a Hungarian Ozark, after watching all 3, I’m not too sure, but really well worth a look. 

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, faraday said:

It's very good, & s02 gets even better!

Thanks @faraday. When I decide I want to watch something, I normally download all the available seasons and binge watch them. I must have been distracted when downloading season 1 and missed that S02 was available. Downloading it now.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, bubblegum said:

If using The Tampa Bay Buccaneer, uh, site. It is finicky. The first e with that squiggly mark on top of it (accent). Just type in the word with a regular "e" and it should pop up. Or that is what a friend says.

BTW It depends on how it was inputted. As in, if searching for something and no luck, use variations, spellings and different capitalizations of words and sometimes like magic it pops up.

4 hours ago, recom273 said:

it has an English title, golden life, or the golden life - let me know if you are struggling to find it, I have all three series. It’s said it’s like a Hungarian Ozark, after watching all 3, I’m not too sure, but really well worth a look. 

Thanks @recom273 downloading seasons 1-3 now.

• Like 1