What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

On 5/6/2021 at 5:13 PM, Mutt Daeng said:

Currently watching Snowfall season 4. Definitely worth a look IMHO.

Seasons 1-3 available on iPlayer.

Loved the first 2 series - it’s the kind of series like Gomorrah or the wire that you download the series pack and sit there all night long and watch ‘till you just can’t stay awake any longer.

But I was thoroughly bored by season 4 - Can anyone tell me without spoiling anything, did it end at a point where we can expect another season, because even tho I watched it, all I can remember was Reed in Cuba. 

I took to downloading a few oldies which I may, or may not have seen many years ago, anyway I found them interesting......... 

– The Raid (Second World War, Japs in the Philippines et cetera)

– The Lost Battalion (First World War drama based on a true story)

– Those Lovely Bones

– Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café

– Event Horizon

– The Thing

Have got through the first two and enjoyed them both.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 9:55 AM, recom273 said:

In a day when it’s hammering down with rain ..

Well produced documentary series from Hulu.

A great recommendation.

Quite different to what I thought it was going to be, and all the better for it.

• Like 1

Creamerie
“In the not too distant future, a viral plague has swept the earth. In a matter of weeks, it decimated 99% of men. The 1% were sent to The Facility in New Zealand but didn't survive. Or did they?”       imdb.

An oddball dark comedy where women rule the earth and continuation of the human race is controlled by a lottery to choose which lucky lady gets the ever diminishing stock of sperm in the bank.

All seems like a plan until ....... a man shows up !!

First episode seemed a little lame but picks up in episodes 2 and 3

3 episodes of 6 available in the usual places, i imagine .

I'm nearing the end of Pennyworth season 2 - worth a look IMHO. Next is Unforgotten season 4 (First 3 series were very good IMHO). Then its on to the following (all movies) which I downloaded last week.

The Courier
Enforcement 
No Mans Land 
Run, Fight, Hide 
The Virtuoso
Riders of Justice  
Payback
SAS: Red Notice 
Willys Wonderland 
The Little Things 

Edited by Mutt Daeng
reformat

55 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I'm nearing the end of Pennyworth season 2 - worth a look IMHO. Next is Unforgotten season 4 (First 3 series were very good IMHO).

Sounds like you got a busy week-end -- yer, I thought they were both good series, I like the acting in Pennyworth, the only criticism I have of it is--because he is Pennyworth you know he can not die.  Which takes the edge off of it a little.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Sounds like you got a busy week-end -- yer, I thought they were both good series, I like the acting in Pennyworth, the only criticism I have of it is--because he is Pennyworth you know he can not die.  Which takes the edge off of it a little.

I only watch 1 movie a day, so it's 10 days worth really. If it's a series, and its good I may watch 3 episodes a day.

21 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Grace is back....at last.... Ep 02on RARBG   etc

Hasn't this been out for some while? I downloaded the first two episodes yesterday and realised that I'd already seen it.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Hasn't this been out for some while? I downloaded the first two episodes yesterday and realised that I'd already seen it.

Are you talking about the 2nd episode -- "Looking Good Dead" RARBG released it on the 8th May. Not Ep 1 Dead simple 14 March  ??

3 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Are you talking about the 2nd episode -- "Looking Good Dead" RARBG released it on the 8th May. Not Ep 1 Dead simple 14 March  ??

I only watched a little of episode 1 before I realised I'd seen it, but is episode 2 a totally different story?

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I only watched a little of episode 1 before I realised I'd seen it, but is episode 2 a totally different story?

Yes....its like Vera etc ....different episodes with different stories.

We have all been waiting for ep 02, suppose to be just a few weeks latter..........but someone in London died or something........That's it end of series now.

• Thanks 1

Gods of Snooker

This looks good.
Episode 1 is out there.

Summary: The golden age of the green baize. From smoky halls to superstardom – the unlikely figures who turned 1980s snooker into a money-spinning sporting soap opera.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2021 at 1:27 PM, Blue Muton said:

Happy New Year to All.

Not sure if anybody's mentioned that the final ten episodes of the excellent "Vikings" have been released.

I cant find any new....