What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

9 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Contact them, I am sure they will fix it--if not I have just 1 invite -----you are welcome to it.

:thumbsup:  I also must have an invite somewhere, though difficult to know since they moved and changed everything  :unsure:

• Thanks 1

Nazi War Machines, Secrets Uncovered.  4 episodes that covers Planes,Tanks,Submarines,Guns,

interesting, learnt things I did not know, like most of their transport was by horse and cart,

and how been German they over engineered everything...a tank with 66 gears .

regards worgeordie

On 1/16/2021 at 10:32 AM, bluesofa said:

As I can't watch BBC stuff, I wonder if this short film will appear on tpb and the likes soon? BBC list it as 30 minutes long.

I see it's even listed on IMDB:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13848356/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

There's a short documentary on youtube. (And another one you can search under their channel on youtube I can't post here.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A new addition to the PBS Masterpiece collection (originally broadcast on Alibi last spring), a period 'mystery' drama, Miss Scarlet & The Duke.

"When her father dies, Eliza Scarlet finds herself facing a difficult choice. As an unmarried woman, she faces poverty without a husband to provide for her -- unless she takes on the challenge of running her late father's detective agency, which would be unthinkable for a respectable Victorian lady. Fortunately, she finds an unlikely partner in the unconventional Detective Inspector William Wellington of Scotland Yard, known as "The Duke," and the pair begin to tackle the crimes and mysteries of Victorian London together."

• Thanks 1

I've always liked Stephen King's The Stand. 
I really enjoyed the book.  The first mini-series was great.  And I'm finding the 2020 reboot to be excellent too.  It's just a wonderful story: quintessential Good vs Evil. 

• Like 2

On 1/17/2021 at 11:43 PM, recom273 said:

This seems quite a popular movie this week on the torrent sites.

80% on rotten tomatoes 

I watched it last night... it's a fun entertaining buddy sci-fi movie with an interesting take on drugs.

I thought it was a pretty good movie, well acted and totally new.

No agenda, no woke <deleted>, no message... just a good story.

The ending could have been better or at least extended a bit, but then every movie has it's flaws and is not to everyone's taste.

It's a keeper for me... I would watch it again.

• Like 1

Recently watched   "Cleopatra: The Film That Changed Hollywood"  Interesting behind the scenes of one of the most expensive movies ever made. 

A trip through the idiosyncrasies and difficulties of making one of the most tormented movies ever filmed.

Hosted by Robert Culp, this two-hour program combines film clips, behind the scenes footage, and recent interviews to create a look at the troubled 1958-1963 production. The interviews include a few surviving (at the time) actors such as Hume Cronyn and Martin Landau, plus 1995 bits from Roddy McDowall. Written by filmfactsman.

I don't normally watch this kind of stuff because it's usually boring but found this quite interesting.

Cleopatra.jpg.f0a79c2692f2a6682fffcb5faebeeda3.jpg

Available on:- RARBG   EZTV  TPB  and probably lots of other places  :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ted Lasso 

Jason Sudeikis ( Horrible Bosses, We’re the Millers ) stars as Ted Lasso a fairly successful American Football coach who accepts a job as manager of a struggling London football club despite a total lack of knowledge of the game.

Ignoring the language misunderstandings humour ,which is obligatory in any American v British sitcom, this pleasant comedy flows along nicely with the theme more about relationships on and off the field than the game itself.

Not side splitting humour but Sudeikis’s witty asides and the constant friction between the main characters makes this a very pleasant feel good comedy drama.

Available on fmovies.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer

10 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

I watched it last night... it's a fun entertaining buddy sci-fi movie with an interesting take on drugs.

I thought it was a pretty good movie, well acted and totally new.

No agenda, no woke <deleted>, no message... just a good story.

The ending could have been better or at least extended a bit, but then every movie has it's flaws and is not to everyone's taste.

It's a keeper for me... I would watch it again.

Glad about that, it got some mixed reviews .. I thought it was OK, good to watch with the missus, I tried to watch tenet with her the week before, that was just hard work trying to explain. 

Anthony Mackie is in another new movie, “outside the wire” on Netflix.

A few other movies have been kicking around from the same directors. I have all these, but yet to watch.

CE335A07-3E97-4EED-A8DA-0725745A475C.jpeg

New series of bulletproof appeared this morning.

I can’t help thinking these boys are milking it a bit too much - I saw a new series of ‘top boy’ is coming in the future too.

Edited by recom273
  • Thanks 2

Series 1 to 3 of Mafiosa on RARBG

Summary: After the cold blood murder of Francois Paoli,a notorious Corsican mobster, Sandra Paoli, his niece, takes over the reign of violence, money, drug and sex in a world of it's own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

It looks like all 3 episodes of S03 were shown this morning?

I see E1 appeared on magnet five minutes ago, hopefully the rest will follow.

Ahhh, it’s a 3 part series - Yup, they looks like they are trickling through .. E02 just appeared.

• Thanks 1

Hunt for the Canal Murderer: John Sweeney

On RARBG and Lime

SUMMARY

John Sweeney murdered and dismembered the bodies of two ex-girlfriends before dumping them in canals in London and Rotterdam in 1990 and 1992. This programe examines the police investigation that finally brought him to justice after evading capture for years, and reveals how John Sweeney was ultimately undone by his own hand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

The Stand, Steven King a new series just started,the only thing so far that relates to the original book is the name and that its about a virus that kills most of the world.

Its had terrible write ups in imdb ,but its not bad so far worth watching  

Got to episode 5 and gave it away. Just got tedious IMO.

Edited by giddyup
  • Confused 1

Following in a similar vein from Will’s previous post:

The Crossbow Cannibal 

Only a few miles away from the home of the Yorkshire Ripper , but 30 years later, another demented serial killer was on the prowl.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Thanks 1