Forum upgrade in progress! ×

What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

On 1/28/2021 at 3:19 PM, BigStar said:

Speaking of time travel, having twice finished Dark, I was looking around for some more SciFi and decided to give the series 12 Monkeys a try again. Pandemic story, too. What turned me off when I last tried the 1st episode is that the first season just ain't very good. Kept reading how it picks up later, so I suffered through the 1st season.

Into the 3rd it's not bad at all--for you SF fans.  James Callis, who played Gaius Baltar in the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica, even shows up. Now the 4th season's supposed to be the best. We'll see. Me, I don't find it good enough to sit and binge watch, but to watch while doing something else, namely exercising, it'll do nicely. 

....and on the subject of the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica, season 2 of "For All Mankind" is out shortly. The link being screenwriter and tv producer Ronald D. Moore, who created For All Mankind and was behind the remake of BG.

"In an alternative version of 1969, the Soviet Union beats the United States to the Moon, and the space race continues on for decades with still grander challenges and goals."

IMDb rating 7.6

19 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

....and on the subject of the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica, season 2 of "For All Mankind" is out shortly. The link being screenwriter and tv producer Ronald D. Moore, who created For All Mankind and was behind the remake of BG.

"In an alternative version of 1969, the Soviet Union beats the United States to the Moon, and the space race continues on for decades with still grander challenges and goals."

I liked The Man In The High Castle quite well as alternative history. It seems, however, that like so many recent series For All Mankind just has to pander to social justice and wokeness. Brings Picard to mind or Star Trek: Destiny. Guess I'll have to pass, but thanks anyway.

• Like 1

American Murder The Family Next Door 2020

Why do so many releases have the prefix  "American"  ?

Anyway, I've watched plenty stuff , but this was a riveting watch. 
Hopefully some others might agree?

Written more like a movie than a shocking documentary it has social media providing the timeline and evidence.
I could say more,  but I ain't putting my thoughts in print in case I get cancelled. 5555

mybookmark

AmericanM.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JackSinclair said:

American Murder The Family Next Door 2020

Why do so many releases have the prefix  "American"  ?

Anyway, I've watched plenty stuff , but this was a riveting watch. 
Hopefully some others might agree?

Written more like a movie than a shocking documentary it has social media providing the timeline and evidence.
I could say more,  but I ain't putting my thoughts in print in case I get cancelled. 5555

mybookmark

AmericanM.jpg

Probably because the USA is the biggest market for English language content and most Americans actually pay for their content. Wink wink nod nod.

An Unexpected Killer------Oxygen TV....USA

True life murder series Season 1 came out  from Dec 2019---8 episodes, season 2 started a few weeks ago, its a weekly feed.  The pirates have all of season 1 still available.

"Unexpected killer" the police are on the wrong track and zeroing in on someone else, when different circumstances make them realize  it was someone  that they had dismissed  as the killer.

Its an OK watch, not so gripping--USA do not seem to do the true life stuff as good the Brits.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2021 at 8:25 AM, KannikaP said:

MARCELLA Series 3 on ITV or PBay. So gripping, watched all 8 in two days.

Had a bit of confusion with my mum on this one as she told me a new series had just started but Season 3 has been on Netflix since last June/July so I'd already seen it. 

Not often that Netflix gets the shows so far ahead of the terrestrial TV channels. 

Great show though & I also binged through all 8 episodes in 2-3 days ???? 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

Not often that Netflix gets the shows so far ahead of the terrestrial TV channels. 

All episodes were on ITV Hub last wek. But they were different 'last times' on Netflix via PBay, and better quality, 1080.

On 2/2/2021 at 8:12 AM, Will27 said:

The Drowning

New four part series just started.

Summary: Since losing her son eight years ago, Jodie has been rebuilding her life but when she catches sight of Daniel, she is convinced she has found her missing son.

Available at the usual places.

Be careful where you get this one from as "The Drowning" on Netflix is something different (though looks quite good) & also features a young guy called "Danny" 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4653586/

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

While I am at it, and I hope it hasnt been mentioned before , is another little gem from Australia called "Last Cab to Darwin" 2015, starring the co-star from "Rams", Michael Caton.  

From IMDB "When Rex, a Broken Hill cab driver, is told he doesn't have long to live, he sets out on an epic journey to Darwin in a bid to die on his own terms."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3680410/

Enjoy!

Yep

Really enjoyed that one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, faraday said:

Can't wait, Line of Duty is up there with Jimmy McGovern's  (I only mention him as I believe he has a new show coming out this month or next which I'm really looking forward to... For anybody who's not seen "Moving On" please check it out) as one of my favourite UK Dramas...

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1