The Year That Was: A look ahead to 2021

rooster59

15 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Like any journalist worth his salt, Rooster always prepares well in advance for features like this. It’s like saving time by penning an ageing person’s obituary before the big day arrives

Perhaps we could write our own obituary and submit it in advance too. That's if any of us are considered newsworthy, of course.

The column this week could well be used for the "columnist's" obituary.   I will be first to admit I quickly skimmed over the month by month attempts at humor as my mask was getting phlegmed up.  

Now before i am accused of "bashing" let me say that I often am impressed  by  the effort said writer puts in and

his almost perfect use of his native grammar and vocabulary.  As for viewpoints,   well, cmon,  who here at TV really agrees 100% of what is written..... except by ones self, of course.

So ,  like a Chiangmai  somtam  that this week was just a little bit under standard,  not to mention the PLA RAH that

was added which he knows i can't stand...  I will forgive and forget and still let the courier deliver next week's edition.   Thankfully the  27G waves on my new Apple BB  (big brother)  virtual PC  will easily penetrate the barbed wire surrounding my compound to keep out ........ you know what !

And to all.........  don't worry,  be happyyyyyyyyyy

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, rumak said:

The column this week could well be used for the "columnist's" obituary.   I will be first to admit I quickly skimmed over the month by month attempts at humor as my mask was getting phlegmed up.  

Now before i am accused of "bashing" let me say that I often am impressed  by  the effort said writer puts in and

his almost perfect use of his native grammar and vocabulary.  As for viewpoints,   well, cmon,  who here at TV really agrees 100% of what is written..... except by ones self, of course.

So ,  like a Chiangmai  somtam  that this week was just a little bit under standard,  not to mention the PLA RAH that

was added which he knows i can't stand...  I will forgive and forget and still let the courier deliver next week's edition.   Thankfully the  27G waves on my new Apple BB  (big brother)  virtual PC  will easily penetrate the barbed wire surrounding my compound to keep out ........ you know what !

And to all.........  don't worry,  be happyyyyyyyyyy

'his almost perfect use of his native grammar and vocabulary'  :cheesy:  I'm sure Rooster will be over the moon at your almost glowing report. A backhanded compliment?

• Like 1

The real irony is of course that although those monthly scenarios, creatively concocted by Rooster while he probably had a few too many shots of "Hong Thong", are so contrived, implausible, absurd and over the top that - as the past has shown abundantly - they actually could well turn out to be true.

This IS Thailand, after all... 

• Haha 2