Thai mmigration and travel outside Bangkok sunday

Can anybidy help me please.I need to travel from Bangkok to pattaya today 3/1/2021 am I allowed  as only essential travel permitted.Secind question is immigration even open in Jomtien and whats the chances of not being able to get back to Bangkok monday oh problems problems thanks guys any information greatly aporeciated

I doubt they are being strict on the essential travel part if traveling in a private vehicle. They might shutdown buses and vans.

Immigration will be open tomorrow. But it will be busy after a 4 day closure.

• Like 1

There is going to be a fair bit of traffic heading back to Bangkok from the usual New Year holiday exodus and on the roads generally. I have not heard that there is a restriction on travel on main highways. Last time (April) people who could show residence in the region were let through the road blocks. I am afraid I have stayed home this last few days so have not been on the roads .

Immigration should be open. 

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I realize it's only guess work, but any problems? 

It should not be a problem if you can prove you live in Bangkok.

The taxi getting to you from Bangkok is another factor though.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mark Mccrohon said:

Thanks for the reply im going to go to Bangkok immigration with a Thai national on Monday instead.Although I know they are going to interogate me on why I live here but renew at pattaya.

What type of extension will you be applying for?

Are you aware that there are 2 offices at this time. Whether you do it at Chaeng Wattana or at the Muang Thong Thani office. Info for MTT is here: https://bangkokimmigration.com/2020/11/27/ประกาศศูนย์ชั่วคราวเมื/

Just now, Mark Mccrohon said:

Thanks again Joe is my retirement visa renewal but have always gone through an agency in Pattaya before and have never registered my address here in Bangkok as the aoot owners said they had done it before.Heres hoping 55

You will apply at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

What option are you using the to meet the financial requirements for the extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon retirement.

If money in the bank to you have a bank book showing 800k baht in the bank for 2 months and proof the 800k baht was in the bank for 3 months after the application was done and then 400k baht after that?

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Ubonjoe, I have similar situation. Currently Koh Samed and cutting trip short here. The plan was to head back to Bangkok tomorrow.

Have a taxi coming from bkk to pick us up.

I realize it's only guess work, but any problems? 

I live on Sukumvit Rd on the Laem Chabang side of Pattaya. It seems just as busy as usual.i read they have checkpoints but I think they are just for going onto Central Pattaya. I think you will be ok today. They are saying the main restrictions start  tomorrow.

Edited by Wongkitlo
Edit
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I live on Sukumvit Rd on the Laem Chabang side of Pattaya. It seems just as busy as usual.i read they have checkpoints but I think they are just for going onto Central Pattaya.

If the taxi driver is familiar with the routes to Koh Samet he would not even get that close to Pattaya. 

• Like 2

For now probably only screening but that won't last long. Much tougher measures could come in just a couple of days, it seems.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ccsa-hints-at-tougher-national-lockdown-restrictions-next-week/

Part of it:

CCSA spokesman Dr. Taweesin Wissanuyothin said today that a “strong and bitter pill” is to be proposed to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, in his capacity as the CCSA chairman, on Monday.

He maintained that the new measures fall short of a national lockdown, but are necessary as current measures may not be sufficient to stop the surge of the contagion, which has now spread to 53 provinces.

He said that the CCSA has assessed the situation carefully and found that a number of people who went to high-risk areas did not isolate themselves or go to see doctors for treatment and that illegal gambling activities continue.

Under the new measures, the country will be divided into three zones, called Maximum Controlled or Red Zones, Controlled or Orange Zones and Maximum Vigilance or Yellow Zones. No more Safe or Green Zones.

28 provinces, including Bangkok, will be Red Zones. Red Zone restrictions include all businesses being subject to limitation of operating hours, the closure of high-risk venues, a ban on crowd attracting activities, on-line learning, working from home, travel restrictions to and from the area and pro-active tracing efforts and arrests of those failing to comply.

If infections continue to increase in a Red Zone, the restrictions will be tightened even further, with the possible introduction of curfews.

Edited by tomazbodner

2 minutes ago, natway09 said:

There should be a restriction on inter provincial travel but there won't be 

Today I had Bangkok taxi come to Rayong, pick me up and back to bkk. Currently just past swampy. No cars on the roads at all.

No tolls help also.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 8:58 AM, ubonjoe said:

What type of extension will you be applying for?

Are you aware that there are 2 offices at this time. Whether you do it at Chaeng Wattana or at the Muang Thong Thani office. Info for MTT is here: https://bangkokimmigration.com/2020/11/27/ประกาศศูนย์ชั่วคราวเมื/

I'm trying to figure out where I should go in person (in Bangkok) to do my 90 day report (TM47) and a little confused. Chaeng Wattana office or the Muang Thong Thani office?

31 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

I'm trying to figure out where I should go in person (in Bangkok) to do my 90 day report (TM47) and a little confused. Chaeng Wattana office or the Muang Thong Thani office?

You do your 90 day report at Muang Thong Thani.

You will have to change your to Bangkok to it if you have been doing reports to another office.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You do your 90 day report at Muang Thong Thani.

You will have to change your to Bangkok to it if you have been doing reports to another office.

All my previous TM47's have been done at Chaeng Wattana otherwise I have done them online. I can't seem to find anything definitive on the immigration website (reason for my confusion) pointing to the MTT office or an address for that matter. All I can find directs me to the government center on Chaeng Wattana Rd... See photo from website.

IMG20210104185452.jpg

11 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

I can't seem to find anything definitive on the immigration website (reason for my confusion) pointing to the MTT office or an address for that matter.

They have not updated their website to show MTT since it is a temporary location.

It is shown on the latest announcement. https://bangkokimmigration.com/2020/11/27/ประกาศศูนย์ชั่วคราวเมื/

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They have not updated their website to show MTT since it is a temporary location.

It is shown on the latest announcement. https://bangkokimmigration.com/2020/11/27/ประกาศศูนย์ชั่วคราวเมื/

Rather than start another thread.....I need to attend MTT to obtain certificate of Residence.

Which desk does that and is it possible to make an appointment (if even possible) or best just to turn up. Ta.

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Rather than start another thread.....I need to attend MTT to obtain certificate of Residence.

Which desk does that and is it possible to make an appointment (if even possible) or best just to turn up. Ta.

I think it would be B since and they are on the same floor as the 90 day reports and would be equal to a notification of residence. I also think you can make a appointment for it as notification of residence.

• Thanks 1