In recorded call, Trump pressures Georgia election official to change results - Washington Post

webfact

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

Trump will say it was a perfect phone call and his base will agree with him.

Actually this time, they realize he got his tallywhacker stuck in the door jamb. The only feedback from the WH was the recordings released were 4 minutes of cherry picked sound bites. This prompted the release of the entire damning evidence. People are fed up with this nonsense.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, J Town said:

Not at all. I lurk in several pro-45 groups (know your enemies) and they sincerely believe the garbage spewing forth from the liar-in-chief's mouth. They honestly think he won!

“You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.”  Patrick Moynihan

I don't know how it came about, but a great many people now feel entitled to their own "facts", and are perfectly happy to live in their fantasy world.

14 minutes ago, J Town said:

Actually this time, they realize he got his tallywhacker stuck in the door jamb. The only feedback from the WH was the recordings released were 4 minutes of cherry picked sound bites. This prompted the release of the entire damning evidence. People are fed up with this nonsense.

If denial doesn't work, they'll fall back on the "everybody does it" excuse.  The fact (see above) that they have no evidence won't matter to them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I'm not going to watch the you tube video you've posted, I'll tell you why - until the Covid 19 outbreak and the preliminaries of the US election, I'd heard of conspiracy theories but never really looked into them, they were mostly the usual stuff about the Moon Landings and Flat Earth rubbish.

Since that time my social media accounts have been full of claims about Covid 19 and later stuff put out by Trump and his supporters.  Jeez, even my son, a degree educated lad who runs a very successful business was taken in by claims that the Corona Virus was being spread through the 5G network - thankfully he's grown out of that (I think).

I got into some pretty heated arguments with people who call the Covid 19 pandemic a 'Plandemic' and make associated claims based on things they've seen on social media.  All of these claims have one thing in common, they are never from a truly official site or a mainstream news source.  News networks pay handsomely for credible stories about politicians etc. but they usually fact check them before they hand over their cash.  Do you not think Trump supporting media such as Fox News would have had a field day with that story?

A friend sent me a professional looking news item that she'd received on her social media. The item claimed that the first woman to take part in the Oxford Vaccine Trials had died from complications caused by the vaccine.  That was it, no proof, no quotes, nothing but when I called my friend, she'd completely taken it in.  I ran a simple Google search which revealed that the story was fake - my friend was shocked. 

Since then I must have looked at 20 - 25 claims made by what can only be described as conspiracy theorists, mainly regarding Covid 19.  On EVERY occasion I have found them to be lies, fakes and complete fabrications.  They name professional sounding people, professors scientists, lawyers etc. There are videos of these people making sensational claims - all very plausible if you're the type of person that believes everything you see on social media. I did find one guy who was a genuine professor but when I checked his pedigree I found he had a history of being involved with conspiracy theories.

The one place these claims are never seen is on accepted, trustworthy, news channels - except in reporting their fraudulent nature.

Data scienists on Youtube? Really?  Why not on the mainstream news?  Sorry, I've read too much of this stuff to even bother clicking on the link.

Another thing. This stuff is rarely written down. The reason for that being it's a lot harder to fact check a video.

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

8AM Thailand time is 8PM EST, which is prime time for Fox News, a few minutes from now.  Hannity et al will give them their opinions.

Oops! They're covering the DT roadshow in Georgia live right now, right in prime time (no accident, he's a television personality, don't forget). 

11 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Oops! They're covering the DT roadshow in Georgia live right now, right in prime time (no accident, he's a television personality, don't forget). 

And the rest of the media is ignoring him (except for how he just prepared Pence to get thrown under the bus). Pence must be a master at dodging political bullets to have lasted this long.

Edited by J Town
punctuation
  • Like 1

Just now, bendejo said:

He made the announcement during the rally that he will take on Brain Kemp in the 2022 gubernatorial election. This man child is hurt and spiteful at Brain Kemp for exposing him and put him in legal jeopardy. That will be left to be seen if he follow that through. This man is simply not mentally stable.  

• Like 1

Well I see things are hotting up as I looked at both Left and Right news outlets earlier. However, they were quoting US law and I don't know which is correct. Perhaps members here (from both sides I hope) might know. Some say that the leak was illegal and a breach of national security and therefore will/should be investigated and possibly a charge issued; while others says that no official protocol was breached and even if it was it still should have been leaked.

Note that I'm referring to the act leaking and not the content of the call itself.

This reminds me of a situation I witnessed many years ago while working in Q.C. of a telecommunications company (not in the US). Where a station undergoes repairs, updates etc. it is often necessary to 'listen in' on some random conversation to ensure that line upgrades etc. were correct. In one instance, certain specific cabling was replaced and in checking the traffic affected, a supervisor heard a criminal plan in progress and made the decision to inform police. He told his superiors and he was, so I was told, dismissed. Supervisors and staff at the station had to sign forms which prohibited them from divulging any content of line traffic.

Does that apply here?

• Haha 1

Just now, TKDfella said:

Well I see things are hotting up as I looked at both Left and Right news outlets earlier. However, they were quoting US law and I don't know which is correct. Perhaps members here (from both sides I hope) might know. Some say that the leak was illegal and a breach of national security and therefore will/should be investigated and possibly a charge issued; while others says that no official protocol was breached and even if it was it still should have been leaked.

Note that I'm referring to the act leaking and not the content of the call itself.

This reminds me of a situation I witnessed many years ago while working in Q.C. of a telecommunications company (not in the US). Where a station undergoes repairs, updates etc. it is often necessary to 'listen in' on some random conversation to ensure that line upgrades etc. were correct. In one instance, certain specific cabling was replaced and in checking the traffic affected, a supervisor heard a criminal plan in progress and made the decision to inform police. He told his superiors and he was, so I was told, dismissed. Supervisors and staff at the station had to sign forms which prohibited them from divulging any content of line traffic.

Does that apply here?

I don't know who is saying it's illegal but it's clearly not. Georgia law allows recording of calls if only one party consents to it. Can you provide a link to those claims? Because I haven't seen any. The only comments about illegality that I've seen are in reference to the content of Trump's call.

• Like 1

Multiple posts using disallowed social media content and questionable/dubious sources have been removed, along with replies, per forum rules.

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube  etc.) should always be shown

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Yes, you're breaking the rules. Not that I care.  But it does demonstrate the reliability of your sources. Posts like yours allegedly made in the interests of fair-mindedness are just a way of slipping fake info into the conversation.

What are you on about. You asked for something and I gave you something. I have no axe to grind one or the other. I read news reports not just from the US but other places around the world where I have interests. I have no 'sources' as you put it and I did say in my original post that I didn't know what the US law was. If you don't like certain US news outlets (and in this case I did warn it may be far right) then that's not my problem. If you want to say that the NS threat tweet is unfounded or fake, say so and leave it at that. Did you watch the channel where the tweet was mentioned? If not then it seems to me that you are accusing me of producing the tweet as fake info, without foundation. That shows me you are lacking in logical thought.

5 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

What are you on about. You asked for something and I gave you something. I have no axe to grind one or the other. I read news reports not just from the US but other places around the world where I have interests. I have no 'sources' as you put it and I did say in my original post that I didn't know what the US law was. If you don't like certain US news outlets (and in this case I did warn it may be far right) then that's not my problem. If you want to say that the NS threat tweet is unfounded or fake, say so and leave it at that. Did you watch the channel where the tweet was mentioned? If not then it seems to me that you are accusing me of producing the tweet as fake info, without foundation. That shows me you are lacking in logical thought.

Please. You claimed you got your info from certain news outlets. But all you could offer was a comment or a tweet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Seems the post was removed anyway because the source was not given so I'll give it. Youtube, Beyond thee Noise and the Pres. Trump telephone call begins just before 18 mins. I* am not saying I agree with this because it is just one of many outlets that I view.

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Please. You claimed you got your info from certain news outlets. But all you could offer was a comment or a tweet.

See post where I offer the whole program...but of course you'll deny it anyway. As I said, quite illogical behaviour.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I note on Fox News (youtube) this morning that the Georgia Sec. of State says he didn't know it was a private or recorded call. Interesting interview. You ought to see it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

See post where I offer the whole program...but of course you'll deny it anyway. As I said, quite illogical behaviour.

Here's another piece of BS from your original post:

Some say that the leak was illegal and a breach of national security and therefore will/should be investigated and possibly a charge issued; while others says that no official protocol was breached and even if it was it still should have been leaked.

Who is saying that "even if it was it still should have been leaked."? Clearly not coming from your right wing sources. So who are these "others"?

1 hour ago, TKDfella said:

Seems the post was removed anyway because the source was not given so I'll give it. Youtube, Beyond thee Noise and the Pres. Trump telephone call begins just before 18 mins. I* am not saying I agree with this because it is just one of many outlets that I view.

I found the channel but not the interview.

Trump's Martial Law: A New Hope For America; Barr's Special Mission From Trump To Expose The DOJ

But I did listen to the loon who hosts it. He is backing Trump invoking the Insurrection Act and mobilizing the militia. Great entertainment value but nonsense otherwise. That you would choose to waste your time listening to a loon like this is quite revealing. 

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I found the channel but not the interview.

Trump's Martial Law: A New Hope For America; Barr's Special Mission From Trump To Expose The DOJ

But I did listen to the loon who hosts it. He is backing Trump invoking the Insurrection Act and mobilizing the militia. Great entertainment value but nonsense otherwise. That you would choose to waste your time listening to a loon like this is quite revealing. 

I told you I look at all points, extreme right, right, centre, extreme left too but doing that doesn't in any way define my own stance. This is the scientific approach, not to just view things that agree with one's attitude but view contraries and contradictions too. Obviously you don't do this.

And I say again, I did warn you that Beyond the Noise may be extreme right wing. I know where they are coming from  but just as I read accounts for and against science issues I do so in other topics too. And you don't read my posts properly the interview is on Fox News not Beyond the Noise. The interview is under the title 'Georgia Secretary of State admits to knowing Trump phone call would be leaked' as I said, interesting. And it was David Shafer on a twitter who wrote the he suspected that 'GASecofState' had broken multiple laws'. Now anyone who breaks laws is doing something illegal...yes? DS also says that he hopes that '...he plenty of shekels and a good lawyer'. Hence my original question. Now if you have any problems with this go and do your searches like I do...but I doubt that somehow, since you obviously don't like going to questionable places in search of what other people are saying. Mainstream topics always ignore items that don't fit.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TKDfella said:

I told you I look at all points, extreme right, right, centre, extreme left too but doing that doesn't in any way define my own stance. This is the scientific approach, not to just view things that agree with one's attitude but view contraries and contradictions too. Obviously you don't do this.

And I say again, I did warn you that Beyond the Noise may be extreme right wing. I know where they are coming from  but just as I read accounts for and against science issues I do so in other topics too. And you don't read my posts properly the interview is on Fox News not Beyond the Noise. The interview is under the title 'Georgia Secretary of State admits to knowing Trump phone call would be leaked' as I said, interesting. And it was David Shafer on a twitter who wrote the he suspected that 'GASecofState' had broken multiple laws'. Now anyone who breaks laws is doing something illegal...yes? DS also says that he hopes that '...he plenty of shekels and a good lawyer'. Hence my original question. Now if you have any problems with this go and do your searches like I do...but I doubt that somehow, since you obviously don't like going to questionable places in search of what other people are saying. Mainstream topics always ignore items that don't fit.

Mainstream topics always ignore fake news and conspiracy theory items. Makes sense.

• Like 1

Oh, the scientific approach is to accept data from all sources no matter how faulty their track record is? No filters at all? All data is equal? It is to laugh.

You mean the David Shafer? The chairman of the Georgia Republican Party? A guy who is not even a lawyer? And there I was thinking you were getting your info from someone who is prejudices with no special knowledge of the law. Silly of me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yo missed a lot.

georgia s of a recorded i case trump contradicted him, which he did. He would not leak it if trump gave an honest account.

someone suspecting he broke the law does not mean he did by taping it.

trump is quick to sue. If he broke the state law, which he hasnt, im sure he will be sued, which he hasnt.

what say u.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Yo missed a lot.

georgia s of a recorded i case trump contradicted him, which he did. He would not leak it if trump gave an honest account.

trump is quick to sue. If he broke the state law, which he hasnt, im sure he will be sued, which he hasnt.

what say u.

Trump might very well have broken a law. But, nothing can be done until the 21st. Sadly.

6 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Yo missed a lot.

what say u.

And if Trump does sue, he'll most likely lose. He has a dismal track record in these kind of cases.

10 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Mainstream topics always ignore fake news and conspiracy theory items. Makes sense.

I was referring to the scientific approach which I clearly stated in my post; but according to you then a good proportion of conjectures alternative explanations in all fields (including politics) are fake news and/or conspiracy theories.

Now To stay on topic Pres. Trump was on the telephone when he made the highly contentious call but he might not have been able to do if someone hadn't gone outside mainstream ideas to invent the telephone. This is what A.G. Bell had to say '...later that if he had understood electricity at all, he would have been too discouraged to invent the telephone. Everyone else 'knew' it was impossible to send voice signals over wire.' (source Jason Morris, PBS...) How many others went outside mainstream to bring us where we are today...Nah, all fake news to you, I suppose.

• Sad 1