In recorded call, Trump pressures Georgia election official to change results - Washington Post

webfact

This tape seems like an example of Trump in general. You have to ask yourself if he is actually dumb and believes the conspiracy theories or if he knows they are bogus and is just really making a threat.

But he seems smart enough to  possibly not cross the line into having actually committed a crime.  

So as normal you ask:

Is Trump just dumb, or a bit corrupt and a bit dumb, or corrupt and smart. Either way it's a bad outcome for Team Trump. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, mikebike said:

I'd hold off on judging the phone call until I heard the entire hour in context. Otherwise you fall into the same category as the dime-store pundits...

Not that I expect it to be much different but judging an hour long call on an edited 4-ish minutes is just stupid.

Long and very long versions being played on many news sites.

• Like 2

Although I'm not American I do favour policies, mostly, just right of centre, but what I read on other news this morning about Pres. Trump, I thought was a stupid move. If he does want to be a candidate in 4 years time, I would think such a move does not help his chances. In addition to that, the US needs to get some stability, Left or Right, doesn't matter because with a few people in the US now showing the new so called UK mutant strain it has to be 'all hands on deck', as it were. The other problem is that with China appearing to 'pick fights' with several countries the US need to keep a lose eye on that too. And before I get hammered by other members, If, and I do say if, J. Biden and his administration are sympathetic or unconcerned towards China, then the US people will find out soon enough.

Pres. Trump has previously made his stance very clear but imho it is time for him to step aside and let others, agreeing with his stance, to continue investigation etc. Like it or not the USA has been the major power centre in the world and I for one, would like to see that continue.

1 hour ago, mikebike said:

I'd hold off on judging the phone call until I heard the entire hour in context. Otherwise you fall into the same category as the dime-store pundits...

Not that I expect it to be much different but judging an hour long call on an edited 4-ish minutes is just stupid.

Then why did the WP release it?  Are you saying it's fake news?  ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Seems the White House is considering suing Raffensperger for recording and disclosing Trump's phone call.

But ....

Georgia has a One Party Consent Law.

A person can "tap" their own phone and record the call without permission of the person to whom they are talking. 

Same as D.C. 

White House should know this. 

I suspect Raffensperger realizes that Trump has made it impossible for him to be renominated so he decided to take Trump down with him.

• Like 2