Samui 2021

The purpose of this thread is to focus on what's happening on the island, and what is open.

If you wish to tell about deserted beach roads, or post Samui-rants, please start your own thread, or use one of the already opened

...????

January 19th

Due to the Covid-19 restrictions Green Mango Club postpone the Carabao concert, please see quote under poster...

134741910_4206715022691261_6782886678553

Dear all customers.
Due to the COVID 19 situation, the Green Mango Club has to postpone the Carabao concert on 19 Jan 2564 before customers who want to cancel their booking tickets. Please contact for refunds.
Tel: 092-3841090
Or via line line id:092-3841090
The shop would like to apologize and thank all customers for this occasion.
Exact concert date will be informed on the next occasion
Thank you very much.

• Like 2

The message with Covid-19 restrictions from the Governor in Surat Thani (image below), however it might not all instantly apply to Samui.

Schools have been closed since Tuesday, and it seems like some restaurants are now closing at 7 pm (by governments order).

1418857554_Surat4thJan.jpg.ce083d7232229

Transportation to/from the islands has it's own pinned thread, latest update here...

On 1/5/2021 at 10:31 PM, khunPer said:

The purpose of this thread is to focus on what's happening on the island, and what is open.

If you wish to tell about deserted beach roads, or post Samui-rants, please start your own thread, or use one of the already opened

...????

January 19th

Due to the Covid-19 restrictions Green Mango Club postpone the Carabao concert, please see quote under poster...

134741910_4206715022691261_6782886678553

Great band. Seen them live. A real old timer, classic Thai band. Really a fun show. Great guys. 

• Thanks 1

January 20th
"The situation is much better. Surat Thani province is no longer infected with Covid-19 in the 2nd wave (15 Dec 63). All infected people, 11 in total, have been found and treated." (Koh Samui Update News)

140561534_3569017756529558_6265745623757

• Like 1

Does anyone know what the requirements are for arriving on a flight from Bangkok?  I've been staying in a few places recently -- some result in a yellow QR code and others a green QR code when using the Samui "Health Check" app.   What is required if my QR code is yellow?

10 hours ago, alw22 said:

Does anyone know what the requirements are for arriving on a flight from Bangkok?  I've been staying in a few places recently -- some result in a yellow QR code and others a green QR code when using the Samui "Health Check" app.   What is required if my QR code is yellow?

You might find your answer in the already started thread...

-or in the oinned thread...

Edited by khunPer

11 hours ago, IH8lokcdown said:

just flew in from bkk today, all i had to do was fill out samui health pass. and there is no check on details, so you can fill in whatever you want. 

how was the plane ?  was full ??

May I kindly suggest to post about travelling and access to the islands in the pinned thread about transport...

-or in the thread about "registering Thai visitors...", as it might be confused for others to search information if it's not in the dedicated threads.

This thread is about "what's happening on the island, and what is open".

Perhaps a moderator would move the posts?:wai:

1 hour ago, thai006 said:

perfect  before i come next week lol 

Ma Ha Tea is a teen place – so they say, but the sign on the entrance door says that no one under 20 is permitted entrance...????

Announcement.
The tea factory came to see me. The shop is open and back to serve you
✅✅ 29 January 2564 ✅✅
✔️ hand washing gel
✔️ temperature scanning

• Like 1

1 minute ago, khunPer said:

Ma Ha Tea is a teen place – so they say, but the sign on the entrance door says that no one under 20 is permitted entrance...????

oh dam 31 y  is not teenager ahahaha p 

Sunday 7th in Fishermans Village...

143991663_3656233534502245_1355182540965

See you on Sunday! Note new times from 2-7pm. Live music, great offerings from our creative Samui community.... fresh produce, baked, pickled, fermented, and stewed goodies to eat and drink... come by and support each other

More info og Green Market's Facebook page HERE.

• Like 1

According to Thai news today, tourists flock to Koh Samui during the Chinese New Year holidays...

552210.jpg

Google-translate:

February 12, 64 at the pier of the company Seatran Ferry Co., Ltd. is busy with various types of cars. Traveling to Koh Samui Suratthani Province With an increasing number than the past Since it is a holiday in the Chinese culture that the government announced Friday, February 12, 2021, which is Chinese New Year as a public holiday. As a result, there are more people who travel to Koh Samui to travel via ferry. 

In addition to tourists, most of them are Thai people. There are still people in Koh Samui working in different provinces. People gradually return to Koh Samui to celebrate Chinese New Year with their brothers and sisters as well, thus making the ferry trip to Koh Samui with a full ferry ride in every trip. There are more cars to enter Koh Samui as well. This makes for a long 3-day holiday, the atmosphere of Koh Samui travel comes back to cook again. From this long holiday during the Chinese New Year, it is expected that there will be no less than ten million baht in Koh Samui.

Due to the increasing number of passengers and cars arriving in Koh Samui. Both ferry companies have therefore prepared to supplement the trip to facilitate passengers for Koh Samui...

Naewa.com "นักท่องเที่ยวหลั่งไหลเข้าเกาะสมุยช่วงหยุดยาวตรุษจีน ห้องพักลดราคาต้อนรับ".

• Like 1

I can believe khunPer's post.

Most of the villas that we look after are full. Many of them are booked for a month or more.

Definitely more people here than last month and they are staying longer.

Up until last week, mostly expats. This week, Thais are travelling again as well.

Hopefully local businesses are seeing increased earnings.

• Like 1

If you wonder where the signals from all the numerous new CCTV-cameras end, then it's all here in "Samui Smart City Command Center", a peek from the Danish Ambassador's visit...

148561133_3820556898006104_6635376596076

151599161_5210253235681455_7834347075800

151516928_5210253302348115_5453018936355

148524004_3820562384672222_4512211783412

More images from the visit, and also about "Samui Smart City" water cleaning-solutions, on Facebook HERE.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If you are looking for good offers for a trip to Samui, you can try to follow Tourism Association of Koh Samui on Facebook, they list numerous bargains, today for example...

Worthy package at Dara Samui Beach Resort provides a beachfront accommodation for 3 days and 2 nights for only 2,980 baht. Free island trip if you stay for 3 nights or more. ????️
???? Peek the package. Click this link https://buff.ly/3c8vqzv
???? Ask for more details. Call 077 231 323
???? Wonder Islands: Samui - Pha Ngan - Turtle ????
Go shopping and check out special packages in the 3 largest islands in the sea, Gulf of Thailand. Meet the booths of hotels, accommodation, airlines, tours, spa more than 50 booths and win a chance to win. Receiving many prizes at the event.
′′ Going to the beach is good for the heart. When I go there, I hear the sound of sushi ′′ ????
???? Special discount 50-70 % only for this event.
???? At Eden floor 1, Central World
???? 11-17 March 2564
???? Special packages, hotels, resorts, airlines, spas and more.
???? Win Gift Voucher and many prizes in the event.

159980220_3915548771837775_6054914333125

• Like 1