Samui 2021

38 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

But isn't there a curfew at 22.00 still?

There was no curfew, but people were asked not to go out after 22:00, and there really were nothing out there but bats and garbage trucks when they asked people to stay home; I haven't seen that recommendation changed, but now there are at least late food out there...????

• Like 1

Draft for reopening of Samui from July 1st...

Vaccinated visitors from low/medium risk countries:

• Day 1 quarantine inside room
  • Day 2-3 Outside activities within hotel
  • Day 4-7 travel with guided tours ("sealed routes")

Ingen tilgængelig billedbeskrivelse.

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Draft for reopening of Samui from July 1st...

Vaccinated visitors from low/medium risk countries:

• Day 1 quarantine inside room
  • Day 2-3 Outside activities within hotel
  • Day 4-7 travel with guided tours ("sealed routes")

Ingen tilgængelig billedbeskrivelse.

Days 4-7 (Sealed routes). What exactly does that mean?

Today ladies and gentle man, we will take you to see our new tourist attraction, the big grey electrical boxes on Chaweng Beach Road. But please don't go near any locals.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Days 4-7 (Sealed routes). What exactly does that mean?

Today ladies and gentle man, we will take you to see our new tourist attraction, the big grey electrical boxes on Chaweng Beach Road. But please don't go near any locals.

Hmm, could it be canoeing somewhere in Ang Thong Marine Park looking for "the beach"...???? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From PR Thai Government...

Koh Samui, popular tourist destination is ready to reopen on 1 July, after tourists have been kept away for several months to curb COVID-19 infections. Koh Samui can reopen to tourists under the ‘Samui Sealed Route’ model, and tourists, who have tested negative for COVID-19, can stay in a hotel and enjoy the beaches for seven days. Tourists wanting to stay beyond the initial seven days will be tested again, either via the swab or PCR methods. If they test negative again, they will be allowed to travel within Koh Samui, as well as hop over to Koh Pha-ngan and Koh Tao.

Kan være et billede af himmel, ocean og tekst, der siger "Koh Samui is ready to reopen on 1 July 2021 under the Samui Sealed Route model Source:Thai Tourism Promotion Association https://thailand.prd.go.th f PR Thai Government"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yellow Zone from June 21st...

201768197_332681588390151_7130465897356314050_n.thumb.jpg.5473376986abb06a628aaef039f81ea4.jpg

Furthermore, here is the guide for "Samui Sealed Routes", which might only open 1st August instead of 1st July, according to latest news articles, date seems to be little unclear now...

The Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) released, on Friday, a step-by-step guide for entering and exiting the “Phuket Sandbox” which will begin on July 1.

These regulations will also apply to Koh Samui, Koh Pha Ngan and Koh Tao when they are reopened...

Full article in Thai Enquirer "Government releases guideline for Phuket sandbox".

• Thanks 1

Re. above post about Samui being Yellow Zone from June 21st, it's worth to mention what another article says...

While some restrictions remain in place, restaurants in yellow zone provinces are allowed to open as normal, including being able to serve alcohol. 

10 hours ago, khunPer said:

While some restrictions remain in place, restaurants in yellow zone provinces are allowed to open as normal, including being able to serve alcohol. 

Unfortunately that rule is at the discretion of the governor of Surat Thani...so we all know how that will go ????

• Like 1

Little more detailed summary from Surat Thani Provincial Order, Vol. 51 (dated 24th June 2564), according to Koh Samui News Update...

• Remove the ban of gatherings of 2 or more people. 
  • Remove the recommendation not to leave the house between 23.00-04.00 (11 pm to 3 am), i.e. live a normal life.
  • Restaurants can serve alcoholic beverages, but not later than 23.00 (11 pm).
  • Malls and convenience stores can be opened as normal.
  • You are allowed to organize social activities (private party, temple ceremony, housewarming, wedding, funeral, merit making, etc.) for up to 200 people (earlier it was no more than 50 people).
  • Pubs, bars, karaoke have to stay closed.

• 4 weeks later...

18th July, Samui+ status according to Richard Barrows...

???? Day 1: 9 people on 3 flights
???? Day 2: 1 person on 1 flight
???? Day 3: 0 people on 0 flights
???? Day 4: 5 people on 2 flights
???? So far, no-one has tested positive
???? 55 people from Phuket Sandbox are now on Samui. 18 arrived today (18th July)...

218760200_372580244228245_5683684573409621687_n.thumb.jpg.0704e42cc73d6fd9fe2ba3dc2ad5c0cc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

IMPORTANT - Active Case Finding Announcement

Anyone who attended the Black Bamboo or the Ark Store (Chaweng) on the dates below are encouraged to go for a Covid-19 Rapid Test on Friday.

When: Friday 30th July

Where: Pavillion at Chaweng Lakeside (opposite Central Festival)

When: 13:00 - 15:00

Active Case Finding Announcement COVID-19
As in July 30th, 2021
Koh Samui Disease control will seek for those whom has been exposed or at risk among covid 19.
Focus crowd :

1.Those whom attended The Black Bamboo within the dates of July 16-26, 2021 and has not been examined.
As for those that has been examined on July 28th, 2021 or at the Koh Samui Hospital and has no symptoms may self quarantine for seven days and wait for further announcements or take a second test.

2.Those whom appeared at Ark Store (chaweng) on July 23rd, 2021.
This offer will be handed for those that qualifies either locations for those whom have been exposed at risks of contagious of covid 19 with in the immediate terms. If there are further locations that appear to be situated with the same risk will be notified further anouncements.

Therefore if anyone that has a foreign friend or tourist that visit these sites please acknowledge them for the risk that occurs. Please note that these tests do not require valid visas or documents. There will be immigration officers to offer assistance. We sincerely request your cooperation for keeping Koh Samui safe.

The examine station will be at the pavillion across from Central shopping mall (sala pru chaweng) from 13.00-15.00hrs.
We appreciate your cooperation. We kindly ask for you to step in and do a rapid test to make sure you have not been infected. For yourself, for your family and Koh Samui.
Thank you
  • Like 1

There is a mention at the bottom of this that says it doesn't apply to Samui or Ko Phangan...but apparently the police were out last night enforcing the no alcohol policy...to be clarified...

Again.thumb.jpg.b433fed7756bf060b80ddc97055485d3.jpg

Courtesy of Nicha

Edited by Neilly
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

There is a mention at the bottom of this that says it doesn't apply to Samui or Ko Phangan...but apparently the police were out last night enforcing the no alcohol policy...to be clarified...

Courtesy of Nicha

In other social media it's asked if anybody has knowledge about Samui and this confusing info, i.e. especially the alcohol selling part  i.e. "No Alcohol sales in shops and restaurants".

It's valid from 5th August, i.e. yesterday, and yesterday I saw that they opened for alcohol sales in Makro at 5 pm, and I bought some in Tesco after 5 pm.

Edit/additions: Comments in other media says that police last night (5th August) have been telling restaurants not to sell alcohol in Fisherman Village, and in Lamai, and some places on Koh Phangan. One poster says that alcohol is allowed to be sold in shops, but not in restaurants.

Opinion: Not good for Samui+ if tourists cannot have dinner and enjoy a glass of wine or two, or beer.

Edited by khunPer

20 hours ago, khunPer said:

Edit/additions: Comments in other media says that police last night (5th August) have been telling restaurants not to sell alcohol in Fisherman Village, and in Lamai, and some places on Koh Phangan. One poster says that alcohol is allowed to be sold in shops, but not in restaurants.

Again 2.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I hope you have some nice chilled wine to go with it ????

You bet.

I usually drink Marlborough Mussel Bay Sauv. Blanc but they have a special on wine as well. I have ordered a bottle of Vigneti del Vulture – Greco Fiano IGP Basilicata “Pipoli”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the original announcement for Surat Thani (see posting from Friday) it was said 'No alcohol sales in shops and restaurants'. I understand that on Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, and Koh Tao, this is only applicable for restaurants, not for shops. How about the rest of Surat Thani, can't you buy a beer in a 7/11 there anymore now ? 

Edited by goa4711
  • Like 1

I know this is a rather general question, butHhow have things been on Koh Tao so far?

Trying to figure out my return to the country and it seems like Samui > Koh Tao (at the end of September) until it's safe enough to return to BKK is the strategy

38 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

I know this is a rather general question, butHhow have things been on Koh Tao so far?

Trying to figure out my return to the country and it seems like Samui > Koh Tao (at the end of September) until it's safe enough to return to BKK is the strategy

You can get, and follow, an update of the Covid-situation in this thread...

The last know new case on Phangan was to my knowledge recorded the 27th July, above link is to last status of 28th July.

On 8/6/2021 at 1:10 PM, Neilly said:

Courtesy of Nicha

Are there any changes to the graphic "Arrival from Dark Red /Red & Orange Zones"?  My wife & I live in Chiang Mai.  She's had her 2 doses of Astra & I have had my first.  We wish to drive down to the ferry point and stay on Koh Samui for a month.

Coming from a current Red Zone, we will be driving through Dark Red Zone(s) & may even stay overnight in a hotel due to the long drive.  What Zone will authorities apply to our situation?

3 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

Are there any changes to the graphic "Arrival from Dark Red /Red & Orange Zones"?  My wife & I live in Chiang Mai.  She's had her 2 doses of Astra & I have had my first.  We wish to drive down to the ferry point and stay on Koh Samui for a month.

Coming from a current Red Zone, we will be driving through Dark Red Zone(s) & may even stay overnight in a hotel due to the long drive.  What Zone will authorities apply to our situation?

Probably the most accurate answer to that one will be from the ferry company itself.

Either Seatran or Raja.