Samui 2021

On 8/14/2021 at 2:28 AM, khunPer said:

If you are interested in Samui+

- all 8 Samui Extra Plus Hotels (7 Night Packages) are HERE.

Is this serious?

Hotels are practically giving away rooms, but if you want to come as part of the sandbox, the lowest price for 7 days is 35,000 baht? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, phills2k1 said:

Is this serious?

Hotels are practically giving away rooms, but if you want to come as part of the sandbox, the lowest price for 7 days is 35,000 baht? 

Yes, after Samui-standard - it's only 5,000 baht a day - and it even includes full board...

Amenities / Features

• RT-PCR (3 times) provided by Koh Samui Hospital
  • Transfer from Airport to Baan Hin Sai Resort (1 times)
  • Welcome Beverages and Snacks one time upon arrival in room
  • 3 meals/day for 7 Days, Daily Breakfast on Day 8, and 10% discount of food and beverage at the Restaurant
  • 4 bottles of drinking water per day
  • In-room coffee & tea making
  • In-room microwave
  • Welcome Amenities
  • WIFI internet in rooms and all areas
  • Cable TV/International channels, Netflix Available for phone

I never forget when I checked the off-season bargain price for "bed & breakfast" at Hotel Four Seasons Samui, 35,000 baht would buy you little less than eight hours there...????

Edited by khunPer
  • Like 1

Right, but it's still a markup of at LEAST 20,000 baht from what a beachfront room at a good hotel plus food for 7 days would be.  It's just insult to injury to someone who moved overseas to BKK last December and already had a massive upcharge on an ASQ for 14 nights.

Especially when the island is getting about 6 visitors per day.  I'm all about helping the locals, but this is ridiculous

Edited by phills2k1
Typo correction
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, phills2k1 said:

Is this serious?

Go to the Phuket Sandbox, there are way cheaper hotels there, and then move to Samui.  Also if you plan to come November/December, the weather in Phuket is better.

In theory from 1st of October there would be entry for vaccinated without any quarantine requirements, but it is doubtful whether it would happen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phills2k1 said:

It's so hard to follow the latest.  Are there (or would there be in October) flights from Phuket to Samui to do the 7+7?

Could I do Phuket and then Koh Tao?  Or would I need to do the 7 all in Samui?

Thanks!

Bangkok Airways resumes domestic flights from Phuket August 25th, but what might happen in October is impossible to say now. The pinned thread about transport to and from the islands is better for you to ask questions and find answers, this one is about what's happening on Samui.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, khunPer said:

Yes, after Samui-standard - it's only 5,000 baht a day - and it even includes full board...

Amenities / Features

• RT-PCR (3 times) provided by Koh Samui Hospital
  • Transfer from Airport to Baan Hin Sai Resort (1 times)
  • Welcome Beverages and Snacks one time upon arrival in room
  • 3 meals/day for 7 Days, Daily Breakfast on Day 8, and 10% discount of food and beverage at the Restaurant
  • 4 bottles of drinking water per day
  • In-room coffee & tea making
  • In-room microwave
  • Welcome Amenities
  • WIFI internet in rooms and all areas
  • Cable TV/International channels, Netflix Available for phone

I never forget when I checked the off-season bargain price for "bed & breakfast" at Hotel Four Seasons Samui, 35,000 baht would buy you little less than eight hours there...????

7 days in Baan Hin Sai resort 10-17 October comes on Priceline as $219 SGD or around 5000 baht...but I'm not sure from there on how the PCR tests are booked. Maybe the OP can email the hotel and ask whether he can book via Agoda or other booking company and pay the PCR tests and the transfer separately. Better food can be ordered via Foodpanda, they deliver COD.

• Thanks 1

It means you need a single ticket from your long haul carrier which covers the whole itinerary including BKK-USM (Samui). The latter part is actually performed by Bangkok Airways, so your long haul carrier needs a code sharing agreement with Bangkok Airways. Somebody published a list of airlines which do have such an agreement a couple of weeks ago in this forum.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, phills2k1 said:

One more question

When it says that the flight to BKK and flight to Samui have to be purchased on the "same trip", what does that mean exactly? Do I need the airline I'd be flying to BKK to purchase my flight to Samui?

Thanks

You can find a lot more information about that in the pinned thread about transportation to the islands (this thread is about events and what's going on, on Samui)...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Tmoney said:

Why?

because these places are ready to seperate Customers by "Covid Vaccination" status and mandate all their Staff to get an injection just so they can have an Advantage over other Businesses by selling Alcohol

• Confused 1

On 10/2/2021 at 5:28 PM, Karlsson said:

because these places are ready to seperate Customers by "Covid Vaccination" status and mandate all their Staff to get an injection just so they can have an Advantage over other Businesses by selling Alcohol

20211004_183003.jpg

• Like 2