Samui 2021

Seems like the for foreigners usual kind of nightlife will reopen in two weeks time (i.e. April 1st)...

Green Mango Club says today: 
Two weeks before the reopening. We can't wait to have balloon showers. Only at GMC! Stay tuned and keep doing the right thing so we can be reunited again. Love all of you!

161360095_4424291280933633_4164039521372

• Like 2

Green Mango Club says...

This is the time for The Green Mango Club to come back again on 1st April,2021.
We’ll see you all there for the party’s lovers,
สิ้นสุดการรอคอย สำหรับการกลับมาของ เดอะกรีนแมงโก้คลับ เปิดบริการอีกครั้ง ในวันที่ 1 เมษายน 2564 นี้ แล้วพบกับสายปาร์ตี้ทุกคน !!!

164628170_4443494065680021_8840776320674

Thailand's Centre for Economic Situation Administration (CESA) approved on Friday a three-stage roadmap to reopen six major tourism provinces : ????????????????????????, ????????????????????, ????????????????????????????????, ???????????????????? ???????????????????? (???????????? ????????????????????), ???????????????? ???????????????? (????????????????????????????) ???????????? ???????????????????????? ???????????? to vaccinated foreign visitors:
From April to June, inoculated foreign visitors arriving in these provinces will only be required to undergo quarantine in hotels or other designated facilities for seven days.

165325958_281554086836235_3389500846239658361_n.jpg.f7e87ea59a8b83a7b764df5fc419d28a.jpg

More info HERE.

• Thanks 1

5,000 people are expected to be vaccinated (Sinovac) in Samui per day during this 1-7 April in 4 locations : Koh Samui Hospital, Bangkok Hospital Samui, International school of tourism and Central festival...

safe_image.jpg.7a0218a5a16591d0a61f13c465a35742.jpg

50,000 vaccines, enough for 25,000 people arrives. Both public and private companies will work together to vaccinate the people of Koh Samui. The total number of people living on the island is 130,000 according to house registration and a total hidden population, so to reach 70 percent herd immunity, or group immunity, a total of 90,000 people will need to be vaccinated, both Thai and foreigners.

Full article in Thai language – Mathicon Online "ข่าวดี! เกาะสมุย เตรียมรับวัคซีน ‘ซิโนแวค’ 50,000 โดส พร้อมฉีดต้นเมษายน" – HERE.

On 3/28/2021 at 4:16 PM, khunPer said:

5,000 people are expected to be vaccinated (Sinovac) in Samui per day during this 1-7 April in 4 locations : Koh Samui Hospital, Bangkok Hospital Samui, International school of tourism and Central festival...

50,000 vaccines, enough for 25,000 people arrives. Both public and private companies will work together to vaccinate the people of Koh Samui. The total number of people living on the island is 130,000 according to house registration and a total hidden population, so to reach 70 percent herd immunity, or group immunity, a total of 90,000 people will need to be vaccinated, both Thai and foreigners.

Full article in Thai language – Mathicon Online "ข่าวดี! เกาะสมุย เตรียมรับวัคซีน ‘ซิโนแวค’ 50,000 โดส พร้อมฉีดต้นเมษายน" – HERE.

I do not read Thai so I do not know if my comment is the same as the article.

The documentation that I have seen has three criteria for registering for vaccination.

1 Thai national

2 Over 18 years old

3 In high risk group. (Tourism first)

• Like 1

April 1st was reopening of Chaweng's nightlife, but the activity seems to have suffered a lot from 2nd wave's lockdown, or some entertainment-owners are just waiting a bit longer before reopening...????

As it was Thursday, I didn't check the beach, where they before mainly had activity on Fridays and Saturdays, I've also not seen any postings about reopening of for example Ark Bar or upcoming events at Paradise.

wIMG20210402000311_Soi-Green-Mango.jpg.a3158c0591ebaf2d436a7440d525696c.jpg

The Soi Green Mango entertainment area is down to only the hip-hop dance club Hush, which had a nice number of guests as usual, and Green Mango that unfortunately had space for more crowd. Further back Black Bamboo Club with background house-music also had visitors.

Only two bars were open, the International Bar next to Black, and one bar with some very lonely ladies in Soi Sound.

The great news is that all the hanging wires on the beach road had vanished, unfortunately the street lights had also gone together with the wires, so with less than before activity the road is quite dark at night...

wIMG20210402000229_Chaweng-beachroad-north.jpg.ab58462645c8cfac6f9bbd6bf9f1de91.jpg

However Hooters kindly had compensated with switching on their big sign, even that the place seemed extremely closed...

wIMG20210402000125_Chaweng-Hooters-side.jpg.a8349f0f59b68f60e774ef0a119cd283.jpg

The rumors that Sound Club is preparing to raise from the ashes like Fønix, might be true, as heavy activity seems to go on inside, a new speakers system is already flying...

wIMG20210401235957_Sound-Club.jpg.8ed0c37033fcf9c787ad0d280e7efadf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately it seems like all bars and nightlife on Samui shall close from tomorrow April 10 for two weeks...

Kan være et billede af tekst

Knock to close the nightlife in Surat Thani, Koh Samui.

Closing entertainment, pub, bar, karaoke in 41 provinces.

For 14 days to reduce the epidemic

Effective from 10 April onwards

Other affairs such as restaurants operate as normal.

But there will be strict surveillance officers.

Source link HERE.

"Unfortunately it seems like all bars and nightlife on Samui shall close from tomorrow April 10 for two weeks... "

Thank you KhunPer

Whilst this is sad for people wanting to celebrate Songkran and have a reasonable good time, I believe that it is the correct thing to do.

The virus is spreading via 'party people'. It has started in the entertainment areas in Bangkok and moved to the  clubs and pubs in Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Hua Hin, Phuket etc.

I understand that the (suspected) case on Samui is a musician who travelled here after visiting a club in Phuket!

Stay safe people. There are lots of 'tourists' visiting Samui from those places.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the local measures announced for the Surat Thani province on April 18th: Does anybody have the details for the rule  '14 day home quarantine for visitors from red zone' ? I entered Thailand 3 weeks ago, stayed in ASQ in Bangkok for 10 days, now stay 1 more week in Bangkok, after that I would like to go Samui, but I definitively will not do quarantine again ! Does anybody know for sure whether I had to ? And if so, what does 'Home quarantine' mean for a tourist, stay in the hotel all the time without food and drinks ? Any other measures apart from the official ones like another PCR test for just 3,000 THB ?   

10 hours ago, goagoa said:

Regarding the local measures announced for the Surat Thani province on April 18th: Does anybody have the details for the rule  '14 day home quarantine for visitors from red zone' ? I entered Thailand 3 weeks ago, stayed in ASQ in Bangkok for 10 days, now stay 1 more week in Bangkok, after that I would like to go Samui, but I definitively will not do quarantine again ! Does anybody know for sure whether I had to ? And if so, what does 'Home quarantine' mean for a tourist, stay in the hotel all the time without food and drinks ? Any other measures apart from the official ones like another PCR test for just 3,000 THB ?   

This one is a tad difficult to answer.

Most of the press and the 'helpful' Facebook pages etc, state that visitors to Suratthani Province have to do 14 day self quarantine.

All I can say is, that for guests arriving this week, there has not been any change to previous weeks.

The ferry ports and Bangkok Airways are just asking people to scan a QR code (or fill in a form) and then a temperature check.

None of our guests have been asked to quarantine.

https://www.healthpassthailand.com/APPs/registration/visitor.php

https://www.bangkokair.com/eng/health_screening_for_traveling_to_samui

12 hours ago, goagoa said:

I suppose it  depends on who questions you on arrival.

If after having quarantined on arrival in Thailand you then spend over two weeks in Bangkok, with all the risks that entails at the moment as a red zone, then by current rules you should indeed do a further quarantine on arrival in Samui.

But as Tropicalevo has said, his guests haven't had to undergo any further restriction to date.  

Its worth bearing in mind that if cases do continue to rise here, (30 at moment), who is to say the government won't bring in further measures? Even a total lockdown from the mainland.

As for hotel quarantine, I'm pretty sure you will be given food and drink. Maybe even possible to order via foodpanda.

Edited by phetphet

13 hours ago, goagoa said:

It was up in a news article a few days ago. Within two days after ended ASQ  and negative Covid-test one don't need to quarantine again, more than two days in red zone a quarantine (or self-quarantine) is needed. You should be able to search it up via Google, I'm not sure if it was from Thaivisa's news section or another news feed I read it.

Updates about travelling to the islands are posted in "Transport from/to the islands Phangan, Tao and Samui", lates Covid quanrantine update is here...

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

From 4th May and until further notice you can only drink alone, including residence (according to Nicha)...

That is a bit tricky.

I have friends who have three grown up children living with them on the island.

Married couples? Sorry sweetheart, It's my turn to have a drink tonight. Your turn is tomorrow. ????

7 hours ago, khunPer said:

From 4th May and until further notice you can only drink alone, including residence (according to Nicha)...

And Richard Barrow...

IMG-20210504-WA0000.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

That is a bit tricky.

I have friends who have three grown up children living with them on the island.

Married couples? Sorry sweetheart, It's my turn to have a drink tonight. Your turn is tomorrow. ????

Separate rooms like or one inside, and another outside; it just says "together"...????

• Like 1

Another Surat Thani decree apparent say that "restaurants can serve food and drinks until 21:00" – I'm however not sure about alcohol in those mentioned drinks, I think alcohol is only permitted for hands and tables surfaces...????

According to Samui Info by Nicha...
ANNOUNCEMENT of Surat Thani effective from 4/05/21: Restaurants can serve food & drinks until 9pm by using following measures:

????staff wearing a mask
????providing a temperature check spot
????providing hands sanitizer
????arrange a waiting point for cashier not less than 1 meter
????frequent cleaning
????control social distancing
Source : Surat Thani's announcement dated 3/04/22

Kan være et billede af tekst, der siger "f SAMUI INFO By NICHA Restaurants can serve food & drinks until 21:00."

• 2 weeks later...

Koh Samui is aiming to open the island for foreign tourists on 1st July 
according to Samui New Update May 20th:

????️ ′′ Koh Samui ′′ opens the registration point for COVID-19 vaccination registration.
Koh Samui opens the registration service for COVID-19 vaccination, community source around Koh Samui so that people on Koh Samui and those who come to work in Koh Samui have registered for COVID-19 vaccination. According to government policy, all Thai people must vaccinate against COVID-19 virus as a national agenda. If Koh Samui is vaccinated, 70 % will make Koh Samui immunization. Tourists who will travel to Koh Samui, aiming to open the island for foreign tourists on 1 July 2564
????️ Source: Online News Phuket Journal, State Department, Online Referee and Online Matichon.

????️ "เกาะสมุย" เปิดจุดรับลงทะเบียนฉีดวัคซีน โควิด-19
เกาะสมุยเปิดจุดบริการรับลงทะเบียนฉีดวัคซีนโควิด-19 ตามแหล่งชุมชนรอบเกาะสมุย เพื่อให้ประชาชนบนเกาะสมุย และผู้ที่มาทำงานอยู่ในเกาะสมุย ได้ลงทะเบียนฉีดวัคซีนโควิด-19 ตามนโยบายของรัฐบาล ที่กำหนดให้คนไทยทุกคนต้องฉีดวัคซีนป้องกันเชื้อไวรัสโควิด-19 เป็นวาระแห่งชาติ ซึ่งหากเกาะสมุยได้รับการฉีดวัคซีนครอบคลุมถึง 70% จะทำให้เกาะสมุยเกิดภูมิคุ้มกันหมู่ สร้างความเชื่อมั่นให้กับนักท่องเที่ยวที่จะเดินทางเข้าเกาะสมุย โดยตั้งเป้าเปิดเกาะรับนักท่องเที่ยวต่างชาติในวันที่ 1 กรกฎาคม 2564 นี้
????️ ที่มา : ข่าวออนไลน์ Phuket Journal สยามรัฐออนไลน์ ประชาชาติออนไลน์ และมติชนออนไลน์

Kan være et billede af 2 personer, udendørs og tekst

• Like 1