Tales of Woe ! .....What tales have you heard ?

CharlieH

I know this poor Thai woman. She got hitched to a handsome man from the UK and because of his great looks assumed he also had a lot of money ( strange assumption )  

Turned out he wasn't as loaded as she had assumed and after the marriage he moved into her house ( that she had worked hard for ) and was now strutting around the place in his boxers as if he owned it. 

She would have dumped him straight away once the truth was known but he turned out to be a useful jack of all trades and looked after her property which was cheaper than hiring locals so she was able to get a bit of financial advantage from him after all. He was also pretty low maintenance so she decided to stick it out for his priceless good looks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Which girl or woman anywhere in this world is not happy if she finds a "rich" husband? Poor girls like guys with money and rich women like guys with even more money.

And if a young pretty girls is together with a not so young guy that doesn't mean she is not happy with him. Often she doesn't have to work, has money to spend, her friends and the people in the village look up to her because she made it. All fine.

I think there are two major problems with many guys. 

It's no problem to spend money on your cute young girlfriend. Just don't spend all of it!

It's untrue that older and/or educated women are not interested in your money. They all love money. The difference is that the older and more educated the women are the more likely they know how to get your money.

My advice: If you can afford it find a cute young girl who make you happy and who is happy with a reasonable amount of money. I.e. 10k or 20k a month might be a fortune for her but is not really a big deal for the guy. Enjoy, live happily ever after, or look for a new one if you don't have fun anymore.

If your happy based on that so be it. I would not be happy but I look for something else. We are all different. I don't have a problem with that at all.

Only with moaners complaining Thai girls are out for money and scammers. That is just the group they get involved with. Plenty that are nice. In the SG group I now hang around with not many of them have a Thai GF most have found an other SG partner or a Chinese speaking Thai girl. (they seem to value the same things I do like the GF being a friend too someone to share experiences with)

Again if you only want a pretty face and body to be with you. Then your solution is golden. I would not say 10 or 20 k is much to pay for a girl. If she is pretty and so on. She should take the money knowing you will move on later to a prettier one once she gets older. Because that is what often happens. So i understand those girls squeezing out as much as they can get.

Also don't forget that a lot of pressure is put on girls to get money. Friends and family do that. My (good) Thai ex had to really fend of her families crazy plans. She was perfect good woman. Too bad in the end she wanted kids and I did not.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

The important is that one is happy with such a kind of life, when one is financial able to live in a nice condo and own a car.

My car is now parked at an condo of a friend (our house only has one carport and GF has car from her company). I just ride around on my motorbike and often with the GF on the back. She likes the ease of it in BKK.

Your right one should be happy with how one lives. That is all that matters not what others think. 

27 minutes ago, Tagged said:

I think the major problem is people get bored, and thats no matter the age the money or sex.  You need a common platform to survive as a couple, or both have economicle freedom to feel free and still feel a connection to still stay together. 

Find a long lasting connection is the hardest part on common ground where both thrives. 

Totally right need common grounds and for that one needs to be able to communicate good. For me that means that a lot of girls with limited language skills are a no go no matter how hot they look. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Totally right need common grounds and for that one needs to be able to communicate good. For me that means that a lot of girls with limited language skills are a no go no matter how hot they look. 

It's also a question of the expectations.

If I want to talk about computer technology or world politics or business ideas then I talk with my (mostly male) friends about that, and not with my gf.

If I want to relax and don't think too much then I enjoy the time with my gf. If I could play god and give my gf the brain of Einstein and a first grade education would I do it? I don't think so. Because that would make it more difficult to just relax without much thinking.

Just for the record: I know a couple of smart, intelligent and rich women. I enjoy their company when I work together with them, and maybe for lunch. But would I want to have such a woman at home with me 24/7? No.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm quite capable of enjoying sex either with or without a condom. The application techniques some women know are an pleasure in itself.

I've raised one son, who has grown into a formidable human being. One is enough, we are over-populated already.

I saw too many couples who spent lots of time and money on their children. And then they were disappointed when the children didn't develop the way the parents wanted. Obviously some parents were bad parents and it wasn't surprising that the children didn't prosper. But some parents did their best and still failed. Personally that convinced me that I prefer life without my own kids. No kids, no headache.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Every head of household that I know that has a job is usually one or two paychecks from being broke.

This is especially true of white men living in Thailand, whom often live hand to mouth with no pension, and no safety net in case of illness or accident.

I never felt completely happy without the next 5 years worth of expenses sitting in a bank account.

How many years can you last without working?

In my case, I'd better cark it before age 95.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

No. Now how about answering MY question?

If you mean your question about a possible child: She was a hooker. I don't think I spend more than 30 minutes with her together. Hookers should protect themselves and if an accident happens then they should remove that problem ASAP. I don't think that is my responsibility.

With a gf or wife that is a different story. Then I think a guy should support his child.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well people living here a long time see and here many sad things, not long ago 2 kids brother & sister died riding the parents wave 8 & 6 that's even sadder to me.

Some neighbours don't like me because I don't take care of 2 brother in-laws in giving them money because I am richer than them, that's woefully funny.

I really don't get that, they should fend for themselves. They did so before you arrived and could do so now.

But I must say stuff like this can put strain on a relation if your g/f is caught in the middle having to fend of requests and look bad ect.

I had this with my Thai ex. Was not a good position for her.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2021 at 5:46 AM, BritManToo said:

What would be the fun in having sex, without the hope of a child?

I think you must be doing it wrong somehow.

The millions of gallons of sperm flowing in Thailand's sleaze pits does not suggest there are millions of punters seriously hunkering after a child.

32 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well people living here a long time see and here many sad things, not long ago 2 kids brother & sister died riding the parents wave 8 & 6 that's even sadder to me.

Some neighbours don't like me because I don't take care of 2 brother in-laws in giving them money because I am richer than them, that's woefully funny.

I've only lived here a few years but in that time within three or four miles of me on our straight stretch of relatively quiet rural road there have been numerous accidents and several fatalities, one of the most recent being my brother-in-law, leaving behind an daughter in her twenties and an eight year old son. As you say, many sad things.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2021 at 10:00 AM, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

More money than sense. Stupid is what stupid gets.

????????????

Just another one of these guys who cannot get laid in his own country without paying for it. He has loads of money, not very attractive to look at, ie overweight, tattooed, finds out what it's like in Thailand for beautiful women who are easy "available", well, you know the rest.

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, robblok said:

I really don't get that, they should fend for themselves. They did so before you arrived and could do so now.

But I must say stuff like this can put strain on a relation if your g/f is caught in the middle having to fend of requests and look bad ect.

I had this with my Thai ex. Was not a good position for her.

I would of thought you would know how some uneducated Thai people react.

The brothers are family through married is the way of Thais thought I find and the Thai family structure and attitude is different to a western one.

Look at my later post.

• Like 1

Just now, Kwasaki said:

I would of thought you would know how some uneducated Thai people react.

The brothers are family through married is the way of Thais thought I find and the Thai family structure and attitude is different to a western one.

Look at my later post.

Kwasaki, it was not me having a dig at you. I understand completely. My Thai ex had to fend of requests. That might not be the case in your situation. But many of the uneducated seem to think the farang has to take care of everything. 

It can just put the GF in a bad position. Not saying it is the case in your situation. Was a general remark. 

Your insurance thing is also something i noticed. the ex had an insurance on her mom and one of her brothers. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

I've heard quite a few tales of woe from Thai ladies recently.

One I have heard 3 times now is that their western boyfriend (living overseas and previously sending money) died of Covid. A relative gets in contact with the girl to tell them the sad news. The boyfriend (typically elderly) disappears from all social media.

The Thai girl is heart broken, but also a little suspicious and checks around with some of her friends living in that country. Lo and behold, the old man (boyfriend) is not dead, but it's just a ruse to get rid of his Thai girlfriend and stop sending money (particularly when the prospect .

I sometimes think I should open an investigative service for Thai ladies who want their overseas boyfriends checked out, and to get an assessment of their real worth!

It does happen that way around. I know of  one .

58 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

I've only lived here a few years but in that time within three or four miles of me on our straight stretch of relatively quiet rural road there have been numerous accidents and several fatalities, one of the most recent being my brother-in-law, leaving behind an daughter in her twenties and an eight year old son. As you say, many sad things.

post photo of daughter please, I may be able to help her.

although to be fair, in her 20's, shouldn't she be able to support herself?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you mean your question about a possible child: She was a hooker. I don't think I spend more than 30 minutes with her together. Hookers should protect themselves and if an accident happens then they should remove that problem ASAP. I don't think that is my responsibility.

With a gf or wife that is a different story. Then I think a guy should support his child.

It's only an accident when a condom breaks. Otherwise, it's playing dice.

i understand where you are coming from, I'm not sure how I'd react myself, so I'm not sitting in judgment.

• Like 1