Tales of Woe ! .....What tales have you heard ?

CharlieH

42 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

post photo of daughter please, I may be able to help her.

although to be fair, in her 20's, shouldn't she be able to support herself?

I didn't post anything about support. As for the photo, perhaps it's best not to post it!

48 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If I live with them, I make them got to school and then university.

Having them hang around the house all day is a pain in the butt.

I think we are alike in that perspective. I can't be with someone 24/7. During lockdown with my GF from SG it was a bit too much. She had to work from home. We still lived in my (smaller) home. 

13 hours ago, cerox said:

Most of my money is in my home country, not even accessible in Thailand because its real estate. I never tell any Thai about it, girlfriend / friends do not know and do not need to know.

20% of my assets are in Thailand, 80% in Australia. IMO if more people here followed that template, there would be far fewer tales of woe.

I give small gifts at New Year to people like my immediate Thai family, my massage ladies, and my car mechanic. A bottle of whisky, or cash. My GF gets gold jewellery for her birthday, she's up to a knuckleduster on one hand.

She knows not to get into debt, it's anathema to me. Her family knows if they were to ask me for any large sums of money, they would just get the death stare.

• Like 2

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

I think it's always funny when people write about "cannot get laid".

Get laid by whom?

Back home when I was still young and slim I hadn't much success with the girls. But more precisely I didn't have much success with the few pretty girls. I always liked slim, sexy, young (legal), cute girls. And obviously lots of guys were interested in the pretty young girls. Many of those girls had major attitude problems. I was never interested in having sex with any old and/or ugly women. What's would be the point to that?

And in the hindsight it's wonderful that I didn't find any good looking girl back home. Because even the best girls back home were not even half as desirable than many pretty girls here are.

Total  agreement.

i'd rather pay for a 9 or 10 in Asia, than settle for the 4/5/6's that were available to me in the UK when I was young.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Total  agreement.

i'd rather pay for a 9 or 10 in Asia, than settle for the 4/5/6's that were available to me in the UK when I was young.

Old sayings come to mind, "any open port in a storm" 55555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

I like having a bright woman around, means I don't have to do all the thinking myself. It also keeps me sharp. Again different people different tastes.

I like going diving with a gf, doing some trekking. Don't need them with me in the gym, though current one likes going there at times. 

Cant say I have intelligent conversation with the GF all the time often just  sitting on the couch watching some netflix or playing a game on the computers (got 2 that are capable of VR and nice games). So we sometimes even play cossacks 3 together. 

Some things she takes care off other things I take care off. Now tonight she goes to eat with friends, and tomorrow she will go wakeboarding. I like that I need time alone at times too. She got a nice group of friends so that is nice too.

Again we are all different we all like different things. In the sack also no problems at all the opposite even. I like this you like something else.

As i said that is a choice but your bright enough to understand the money thing and expectations. I just dislike guys who do the same and get shafted and then start blaming the GF alone. While they initiated a monetary relation and it backfired. They should know this and stop blaming one party.

Exactly that !!!

Everyone has different expectation. Its clear from this thread that a number of guys like the idea of being with someone they have no intellectual connection with, while others prefer their wife or girlfriend to be their equal.

The discussion could turn towards intelligence vs education and also common sense. Avoiding all that, I have always preferred to be with an intelligent, well educated women with plenty of common sense, someone who is also financially independent and has most clearly not made a choice to be with me for any financial advantage. English fluency through education and not exposure to foreigns with a long history of dating only Western guys is also key IMO. A woman who says she will only date Westerners is mentally flawed IMO - I call these types of women occupational farang hunters. 

The type of partner I discuss above is readily available in Thailand, it takes effort to meet them and get to know them. Introductions are usually made through a friend or in the work place. Some may have excessive expectations of a man and be highly strung while other are sensible and make excellent partners in a relationship built on attraction and mutual respect. 

On this forum it is often ridiculed when someone mentions such a partner as if the author of such a statement is lying and these women are somehow illusive, the snide remarks are always “hi-so white skinned Chinese-Thai” - the reality is these posters have simply put the effort in to meet someone who doesn’t need to with them for financial reasons. 

A well educated, intelligent woman from a similar socio-economic background who is with a guy because she wants to be trumps someone who is wants to be paid B20k per month any day of the week, especially if you want a family. 

But, I understand the older guys who’ve been there done that, had the family, things didn’t work out with the Wife etc they’ve divorced and now want a life of simple choices - pay someone and move on when they get bored. It’s just rather flawed that these guys seems to think every relationship is based on a woman remaining with her guy for financial incentive - I read the comments from a select number of posters “if the money dries up she will be gone” - I agree, if she is with you for money in the first place. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

You consider the whole world as 'we'.

I only consider white Brits as 'we', and we are a dying breed.

I don't worry too much about preserving breeds, I'm a mix of Scandinavian, French and Scottish myself. Most white Brits are a mix of Norman and Saxon, if one goes back far enough. Nothing wrong with hybrids, just look at Tiger Woods as a success story.

As you once said yourself, the British did not rule the world by being nice. They invented concentration camps well before the Nazis. So perhaps it is not such a bad thing.

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its clear from this thread that a number of guys like the idea of being with someone they have no intellectual connection with

I'm in the top 0.1% of the world (not by my choice, I'd prefer to be average and see less).

I've met 4 people I considered my intellectual equal in my life.

One was a woman at university, we did have sex but we also fought for dominance, every minute of every day.

(she was way better than me at Fourier analysis and Laplace transforms, but a bit less practical in engineering applications)

Three were men where I worked, I generally got on well with them.

The chances of me mating with a woman who was my equal are almost ZERO.

Of course, if you're a bit more stupid, your chances will be better.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I don't worry too much about preserving breeds, I'm a mix of Scandinavian, French and Scottish myself. Most white Brits are a mix of Norman and Saxon, if one goes back far enough. Nothing wrong with hybrids, just look at Tiger Woods as a success story.

As you once said yourself, the British did not rule the world by being nice. They invented concentration camps well before the Nazis. So perhaps it is not such a bad thing.

Not just the Brits, any civilization that got big and dominated others did not get there by being nice. Dutch in Indonesia, Americans how they wiped out the native Americans by killing their food source on purpose, Mongols weren't nice either. Nor were the Romans. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Not just the Brits, any civilization that got big and dominated others did not get there by being nice. Dutch in Indonesia, Americans how they wiped out the native Americans by killing their food source on purpose, Mongols weren't nice either. Nor were the Romans. 

The Chinese government has just notified nations along the Mekong they will be restricting water flows, so I guess they are next.

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Exactly that !!!

Everyone has different expectation. Its clear from this thread that a number of guys like the idea of being with someone they have no intellectual connection with, while others prefer their wife or girlfriend to be their equal.

The discussion could turn towards intelligence vs education and also common sense. Avoiding all that, I have always preferred to be with an intelligent, well educated women with plenty of common sense, someone who is also financially independent and has most clearly not made a choice to be with me for any financial advantage. English fluency through education and not exposure to foreigns with a long history of dating only Western guys is also key IMO. A woman who says she will only date Westerners is mentally flawed IMO - I call these types of women occupational farang hunters. 

The type of partner I discuss above is readily available in Thailand, it takes effort to meet them and get to know them. Introductions are usually made through a friend or in the work place. Some may have excessive expectations of a man and be highly strung while other are sensible and make excellent partners in a relationship built on attraction and mutual respect. 

On this forum it is often ridiculed when someone mentions such a partner as if the author of such a statement is lying and these women are somehow illusive, the snide remarks are always “hi-so white skinned Chinese-Thai” - the reality is these posters have simply put the effort in to meet someone who doesn’t need to with them for financial reasons. 

A well educated, intelligent woman from a similar socio-economic background who is with a guy because she wants to be trumps someone who is wants to be paid B20k per month any day of the week, especially if you want a family. 

But, I understand the older guys who’ve been there done that, had the family, things didn’t work out with the Wife etc they’ve divorced and now want a life of simple choices - pay someone and move on when they get bored. It’s just rather flawed that these guys seems to think every relationship is based on a woman remaining with her guy for financial incentive - I read the comments from a select number of posters “if the money dries up she will be gone” - I agree, if she is with you for money in the first place. 

And how important do you think is the financial situation of their future husband for those smart and well educated women?

I remember a successful and beautiful business woman from back home. She wasn't interested in any guy who had not at least as much money than she had. Her argument was that if they would i.e. go for a holiday together and she wants to stay in an expensive hotel and he doesn't have much money what should she do? Pay the hotel for him? So in her opinion the only solution to that was to marry a guy with money. 

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And how important do you think is the financial situation of their future husband for those smart and well educated women?

I remember a successful and beautiful business woman from back home. She wasn't interested in any guy who had not at least as much money than she had. Her argument was that if they would i.e. go for a holiday together and she wants to stay in an expensive hotel and he doesn't have much money what should she do? Pay the hotel for him? So in her opinion the only solution to that was to marry a guy with money. 

Depend on the woman but like men they might just want a partner of the same socio economic status because they worry they are after money. That is one reason i like dating financially independent woman. I think my current GF makes more then me and I don't make a low amount. 

So I can be sure she is not after money and wants me for me. So I understand that way of thinking. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Depend on the woman but like men they might just want a partner of the same socio economic status

No woman wants a man of the same status. 90% of women marry up (according to a survey that was done).

Oddly enough rabbits are the same, no female rabbit will breed with a male smaller than herself.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

No woman wants a man of the same status. 90% of women marry up (according to a survey that was done).

Oddly enough rabbits are the same, no female rabbit will breed with a male smaller than herself.

That just shows that 90% of males will accept a woman of lesser status. Highlighted in Thailand by the numbers of guys who accepts women of significantly lesser status.

Because most guys will accept a woman of significantly lesser ‘status’ (if thats the choice word we are using) it doesn’t mean all do. Its still very easy to find a woman of high status... i.e. a stunner, smart, intelligent, well educated, great career, from a financially wealthy background etc etc...  

The issue with these discussions is that the polar opposite facet of the discussion is being held by guys unable to imagine this because they have only ever entertained relationships with those on the lower rungs of the ’status’ ladder (socio-economic-educational-financial status) and are unable to accept there are those in perfectly healthy relationships with those of equal status. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

That just shows that 90% of males will accept a woman of lesser status. Highlighted in Thailand by the numbers of guys who accepts women of significantly lesser status.

Because most guys will accept a woman of significantly lesser ‘status’ (if thats the choice word we are using) it doesn’t mean all do. Its still very easy to find a woman of high status... i.e. a stunner, smart, intelligent, well educated, great career, from a financially wealthy background etc etc...  

The issue with these discussions is that the polar opposite facet of the discussion is being held by guys unable to imagine this because they have only ever entertained relationships with those on the lower rungs of the ’status’ ladder (socio-economic-educational-financial status) and are unable to accept there are those in perfectly healthy relationships with those of equal status. 

I'd say the percentages are against you. It's a male-dominated society, so the probability of meeting a female with ALL the attributes you describe is fairly small. My experience in Australia is there are smart women and beautiful women, but rarely do the two come together in the one package.

Many successful males in the West have what are called trophy wives. Thailand is different, by their standards any Westerner is also rich/successful, so it's easy for someone of average looks or assets to have their own trophy wife or GF.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:
7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Like I said, the more stupid you are, the easier it is to find a smart, intelligent, well educated, etc.

Because all these judgements are comparative.

To a man that left school at age 12 and plants rice all day, a woman schoolteacher in kindergarten and earning 25kbht/year is smart, well educated with a great career. 

Agreed on comparative judgements. There are also no single hard and fast rules, hence the spectrum of varied options on this thread alone. 

I don’t begrudge anyone for paying a salary to someone 20 years their junior if both are happy. 

I do begrudge the attitude that paying a salary is the only way to secure a relationship or that a relationship with someone who doesn’t expect financial reward from her guy is somehow doomed to failed relationship.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'd say the percentages are against you. It's a male-dominated society, so the probability of meeting a female with ALL the attributes you describe is fairly small. My experience in Australia is there are smart women and beautiful women, but rarely do the two come together in the one package.

Many successful males in the West have what are called trophy wives. Thailand is different, by their standards any Westerner is also rich/successful, so it's easy for someone of average looks or assets to have their own trophy wife or GF.

Agreed, the odds are stacked against a guy purely because the higher up the ladder we look the more competition a Western guy would have with anyone else including well to do Thai guys. The women I’m talking about could easily meet a wealthy Thai guy, they don’t need to date a Westerner for security, but they may choose to date a Westerner for no other reason than they somehow clicked, there was attraction and they got along when they were introduced.

... Agreed on the trophy wife. Another facet of this discussion. 

My friends have managed to find ladies with such attributes. For these ladies westerners are not automatically considered rich / successful because most westerners would fall below them on the ’socio-status ladder’ in any country. 

This thread simply serves to highlight there is so much variance out there that any of the generalisations are flawed. What work for one is doesn’t for another, and whats acceptable for some isn’t for others, whats possible for some is unattainable for others. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I've never been interested in the IQ of a woman I am having sex with.

I am light years apart from my Thai GF in terms of education, intelligence and experience. Doesn't bother me at all.

OTOH, when it comes to street smarts and ability to bond with people she has only just met, her talent is awesome.

Agreed. I have a degree but she beats me with a phd. She has more money than me. We both work though i changed jobs so only work a couple of days a week, kind of semi retired. Im 57, shes 32.

She allows me the odd dalliance as long as i dont tell her and it cannot be with any of her friends. The issue we have is that she wants to get married, i dont. Shes a great woman and i probably should but ive never been married and no kids so not keen on it at this age.

• Like 2