Help for newbie going for first O-A retirement extension please?

So I read up online and thought I had it sussed *hysterical laughter*.  I have my passport,  passport copies, bank stuff, medical insurance, house book and headed with some confidence to the immigration office.  Before just going up to the desk I asked what I needed to double check before handing over my precious 1900 THB.   And the list given bears little relation to what I thought I needed. 

Most important is item No 4 on the list - a letter from Embassy showing personal pension or proof of pension.  I don't yet have a pension as I'm only 59.  Is this (as I thought) an and / or with the 800K (Item 5)?   It certainly does not say this on the form.

Item 6 is a Google Map for our house which I guess I can do but Item 10 is a Drawing Map - is that as it sounds same as Google map but drawn?  

Item 8 is a medical certificate but we have insurance - do I need this too?   Went to hospital and involves an x-ray and blood test which seems a lot...?

Item 11 is a document for Notification of the Residence of Foreigners which I assume to be a TM30 but we (our company) owns our house...

Any help with this would be fantastic.  I gave myself a couple of weeks to sort out so not currently stressed but it would be nice to have it done.   Thanks so much. 

Ignore number 4. That is only needed if you are using the income option. Your proof of 800k baht in the bank for 2 months is enough to apply/.

6. I wonder if they should have a or in it. The google may is all that you should need.

8. That is a local requirement at some immigration offices.

11. You can do the TM30 yourself.  You will also will need proof of ownership from the company.

27 minutes ago, Marjf said:

So I read up online and thought I had it sussed *hysterical laughter*.  I have my passport,  passport copies, bank stuff, medical insurance, house book and headed with some confidence to the immigration office.  Before just going up to the desk I asked what I needed to double check before handing over my precious 1900 THB.   And the list given bears little relation to what I thought I needed. 

Most important is item No 4 on the list - a letter from Embassy showing personal pension or proof of pension.  I don't yet have a pension as I'm only 59.  Is this (as I thought) an and / or with the 800K (Item 5)?   It certainly does not say this on the form.

Item 6 is a Google Map for our house which I guess I can do but Item 10 is a Drawing Map - is that as it sounds same as Google map but drawn?  

Item 8 is a medical certificate but we have insurance - do I need this too?   Went to hospital and involves an x-ray and blood test which seems a lot...?

Item 11 is a document for Notification of the Residence of Foreigners which I assume to be a TM30 but we (our company) owns our house...

Any help with this would be fantastic.  I gave myself a couple of weeks to sort out so not currently stressed but it would be nice to have it done.   Thanks so much. 

Usualy a letter from the bank stating you have the 800k in your account

at least 2 months before your extension is required by the immigration office.

The letter need to be writen recently (The day you apply or the day before) and

it usually costs you 100 bahts fee for the bank to do this.

Edited by kingofthemountain

38 minutes ago, Marjf said:

So I read up online and thought I had it sussed *hysterical laughter*.  I have my passport,  passport c

Take with you any documents related to your residence 

house registration book, rent or purchase agrement, title deed (Chanote)

copy of the DBD if the purchase was made via a company

and of course the TM30 receipt. 

I went to Phuket Town immigration recently.  I have always had my 800K in the bank three months in advance and had no problem, I have been doing this for 18 years. This time they refused my retirement visa on the grounds that I had not adhered to the new rules i.e. 800K in the bank two months before visa application and three months after application, i.e. 5 months in total, after five months I can start spending but must never go below a balance of 400K.  I will not be specific as to I eventually got my visa, suffice to say enough is enough in this corrupt country, one more year here then I’m off to the Canaries where you can get a half decent bottle of red for three euros.

1 hour ago, Scottie12 said:

I went to Phuket Town immigration recently.  I have always had my 800K in the bank three months in advance and had no problem, I have been doing this for 18 years. This time they refused my retirement visa on the grounds that I had not adhered to the new rules i.e. 800K in the bank two months before visa application and three months after application, i.e. 5 months in total, after five months I can start spending but must never go below a balance of 400K.  I will not be specific as to I eventually got my visa, suffice to say enough is enough in this corrupt country, one more year here then I’m off to the Canaries where you can get a half decent bottle of red for three euros.

The officer was only applying the rules as they stand.

Agree or disagree those are the rules.

• Like 1

This time they refused my retirement visa on the grounds that I had not adhered to the new rules i.e. 800K in the bank two months before visa application and three months after application, i.e. 5 months in total, after five months I can start spending but must never go below a balance of 400K.  

That is the new rules that went into on March 1st 2019.

image.png.2750db45055d546095b93ef5f19a2870.png

Are you saying you did meet those new requirements that were introduced March 2019, or that they were sprung on you and you had reduced the money after getting your last extension? Either not meeting the 800k  for 3 months after, or 400k from months 4-10?

It isn't really corrupt of them to require you to meet these rules.... but of course they are.

Edited by jacko45k

I will not be specific as to I eventually got my visa, suffice to say enough is enough in this corrupt country, one more year here then I’m off to the Canaries where you can get a half decent bottle of red for three euros.

Might you be a Brit by any chance? If so, after jumping through all the formidable visa-related bureaucratic hoops which the EUSSR will now require you to subject yourself to before you can settle in the Canaries, I'm sure that you'll soon be hankering for a swift return to LOS! ????

• Haha 2